ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada-133/)
-   -   Any good alignment shops in Vancouver? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada/385701-any-good-alignment-shops-in-vancouver.html)

stkiss 10-15-08 10:41 PM

Any good alignment shops in Vancouver?

hey guys, I have installed a new set of springs on my car, but I still haven't done the alignment test yet. Do you guys know any shops that will do a good job? I heard there is one in Langley, but it's kinda too far for me..

any suggestions?

Kaydee 10-15-08 11:01 PM

Dale is good...but I've never been there since it's too far, even for me. There's another place I went to in Richmond called Advance Automotive (not to be mistaken with Advance in Coquitlam)...they did a good job on my car, no more pulling to the right!!

314-5930 No. 6 Road
Richmond, BC V6V 1Z1
(604) 278-1803

On that note, I really should get an alignment, I've been raising/lowering my car for the past year I'm sure the set up is f-ed up

Faymester 10-15-08 11:57 PM

the shop i go to does it (they're around cambie & second) ... robert has a place that uses laser guided something or other ... supposed to be super precise

Solo_D33A 10-16-08 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kaydee (Post 3922628)
Advance Automotive
314-5930 No. 6 Road
Richmond, BC V6V 1Z1
(604) 278-1803

+1

I did my alignment with my eclipse and some other work done there, price is good, alignment's great. A few of my friends went to him for it.

And if you want (provided you have the suspension work done ie camber plates, height, damper adjustable suspensions etc...) he can set the car up for your liking (though he may disagree with you), of course you would then have to know the consequences of driving in that kind of set up.

iNS0MNiAC 10-16-08 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kaydee (Post 3922628)
Dale is good...but I've never been there since it's too far, even for me. There's another place I went to in Richmond called Advance Automotive (not to be mistaken with Advance in Coquitlam)...they did a good job on my car, no more pulling to the right!!

314-5930 No. 6 Road
Richmond, BC V6V 1Z1
(604) 278-1803

On that note, I really should get an alignment, I've been raising/lowering my car for the past year I'm sure the set up is f-ed up

+1

Just got it dome there last week. Good guys, and have all the new laser alignment tools and can still take lowered cars

stkiss 10-17-08 01:49 AM

okok thanks guys~ seems like the one on no.6 will be the best option within distance!

Benjamin T 10-23-08 06:29 AM

i made the mistake of going to kal tire in coq. to do my alignment... i've now since been there twice, and they can't get my steering wheel to be centered again. the tech actually gave me this bull**** story that my steering wheel was loose and i had to go to lexus to fix it! i drove straight to the dealer in pt. moody and they confirmed that kal tire is just full of it :mad:

so now i need to go to another shop, hopefully one that has a clue. i tried calling johnny at advance in richmond, but they don't have any good times in their schedule available for the next 2 weeks min..

help?

Kaydee 10-23-08 01:34 PM

you can try calling Dale's in Langley...I don't know how busy they are but since they are further out, they won't be as busy???

Stormforge 10-23-08 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Benjamin T (Post 3944106)
i made the mistake of going to kal tire in coq. to do my alignment... i've now since been there twice, and they can't get my steering wheel to be centered again. the tech actually gave me this bull**** story that my steering wheel was loose and i had to go to lexus to fix it! i drove straight to the dealer in pt. moody and they confirmed that kal tire is just full of it :mad:

so now i need to go to another shop, hopefully one that has a clue. i tried calling johnny at advance in richmond, but they don't have any good times in their schedule available for the next 2 weeks min..

help?

can't the dealer do the alignment for you? you should be able to book an appt. fairly easily....

stkiss 10-23-08 03:35 PM

i did mine at advance. pretty quick. less than 40 mins? i called and asked for the soonest avaliable time. which turned out to be right after i made the call.
i think they did a good job overall. less pulling to the right, but still a little bit. they said it's due to the tires~ not too sure about.

MERXUS 11-21-08 09:07 PM

how mch???

stkiss 11-22-08 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by MERXUS (Post 4025933)
how mch???

forgot the exact price, somewhere between $90~$100.

Kaydee 11-22-08 02:54 AM

I did mine for about 110??? for 4 wheel alignment...can't remember exactly but it's between 100-120 including tax

edit: ^ wow that's cheaper than the first time...I will be going back hopefully soon

Benjamin T 11-22-08 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Stormforge (Post 3945210)
can't the dealer do the alignment for you? you should be able to book an appt. fairly easily....

i wasn't at the dealer when i had work done.

on the referral from aj-racing, i was told to go to SAKO's in richmond, which is next door to volco on bridgeport rd. Their number is 6042079993

nevermorez 12-14-08 06:30 PM

Definitely recommand Dales in Langley. Check out this thread.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...alignment+shop