Canada For events in Canada.

Bus Drivers in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08, 04:11 PM
Sadako
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bus Drivers in Vancouver

Anyone here know where you can file a complaint about bus drivers in Vancouver???

** RANT **
This happend on Pender St. & Carall St. I was going west on Pender St. 2 lanes merger into one. I had the left lane, the right lane turns into a bus stop and parked cars. Some bus driver decided to cut into my lane when clearly he had his own. There was no indication that he was going into my lane. He starts inching over to the point where i'm forced to stop my car.... This is ridiculous!!! Share the road!!!

I know it's the law to yield to the bus when they SIGNAL but when they don,t, I honestly don't think that they can just ride over the lines into my lane.

Now, is it my fault to assume that he would stay in his lane even though its a bus stop, or is it my responsibility to let him cut right in??

**End Rant**

I think i'm done my complaining now.....
Old 05-30-08, 07:11 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in Winnipeg, we don't have to yield to buses. :P But I did get cut off by a bus while he clearly have his own bus lane in front, but he decides to get into my lane early without signal, I braked hard in order to let him clear. But unless you've got his bus number and time and date, you can't really do anything...
Old 05-30-08, 08:00 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sadako
Anyone here know where you can file a complaint about bus drivers in Vancouver???

** RANT **
This happend on Pender St. & Carall St. I was going west on Pender St. 2 lanes merger into one. I had the left lane, the right lane turns into a bus stop and parked cars. Some bus driver decided to cut into my lane when clearly he had his own. There was no indication that he was going into my lane. He starts inching over to the point where i'm forced to stop my car.... This is ridiculous!!! Share the road!!!

I know it's the law to yield to the bus when they SIGNAL but when they don,t, I honestly don't think that they can just ride over the lines into my lane.

Now, is it my fault to assume that he would stay in his lane even though its a bus stop, or is it my responsibility to let him cut right in??

**End Rant**

wow that guy was a @#$%! i have never experienced anything like that before @.@ bus drivers usually signal and wait for clear traffics when they pull out. haha i guess downtown bus drivers tend to have driving rage.
Old 06-01-08, 09:13 AM
is250omer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
... But unless you've got his bus number and time and date, you can't really do anything...
/\ as stated, then you can phone translink(604 953 3333/3040) to file a complaint.
Old 06-01-08, 04:56 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sadako

** RANT **

**End Rant**

Good luck. I've fired off several e-mails before to Translink customer service (an oxymoron if I've ever seen one) when a bus changed lanes from the outer most to the curb lane on W. 4th Ave while I was pulling out of the curb AND ran the red light.

I got the bus number (not the route number, the actual bus number) and licence plate and time/date/location of the incident. Never heard a word from them.
Old 06-02-08, 09:33 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

you can complain all you want but nothing is going to change ... my friends and i have been angry at buses since the time we started to drive and we think its only getting worse

the law that said drivers are supposed to yeild has been taken away now but buses don't really care because they're so much bigger than us

bus = anger, lots and lots of anger
Old 06-03-08, 06:59 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ lol.. I've had a bus overtake me and cut me off. He wasn't very happy when I did the same to him on No. 3 Rd near RC and proceeded to overtake me when I decided to turn into RC.