Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

C-Unit... Problematic Transaction

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-09, 12:50 AM
justinSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down C-Unit... Problematic Transaction

I recently purchased a set of (4) Garson Deep Racing rims from Charles. Initially he sent these to the wrong address. This was okay as they were promptly reshipped by him. However when they arrived one wheel was missing from the box. Apparently the box had been repackaged by UPS when it was sent. This was strange and so I filed a damage claim through UPS stating that one of the items was missing from my package.
I patiently waited for UPS to go through the necessary process of filing this claim. They came to my house and picked up the box with missing item for inspection, and told me that they would call me next week about it. I had been bugging UPS about this quite a bit and Charles was fully aware of the situation. When no one had called back I decided to call UPS to find information on the status of my claim. They informed me that by this point the only party able to gain information on this claim was the shipper. This turned out not to be Charles himself, but the company (The Letter Carrier) which sent out the package.
So I called the Letter Carrier and spoke with the owner. He told me that the UPS claim had come back and it was determined that the package was improperly packaged when it was sent back. So UPS will offer no compensation for the missing item (even if they did, they would compensate the shipper and not me). The owner of the Letter Carrier himself said that the packaging job was shoddy and seemed unsure that it would suffice. Now I don't personally believe that he should have allowed any package to be sent out as such, or UPS should have accepted delivery at all.
However, it is the seller's responsibility to deal with these issues and Charles is refusing to return my money. The only compensation he has offered me is selling two of the rims for me at a value of 1000-1200. I paid a total of 2100 to him, so this is unacceptable. I've already threatened with litigation but I also deemed it necessary to make a post here warning anyone else of purchasing items through this seller. He seems like a nice enough guy, and he is adamant that he properly packaged the wheels. Again, this is his issue; I paid for something I did not receive, and as far as I know he is at fault.
Old 02-14-09, 08:06 PM
buffalosoj
Pole Position

That really stinks. Since the "Letter Carrier" company packaged the wheels they should be responsible for it. I've shipped through UPS stores numerous times and I let them do the packaging, because they are responsible for any damages that occur as a result. Hope you guys get this resolved amicably.
Old 02-15-09, 12:39 PM
justinSC
Pole Position

Actually Charles was the one who packaged the wheels. That is why The Letter Carrier won't take responsibility. We have 3 parties who could possibly be responsible: UPS, The Letter Carrier, and Charles. All 3 are refusing to take responsibility. But regardless of Charles packaging these properly or not, he is the only one in a position to solve this. He refuses to help me saying he believes he's done all he can. This is unacceptable. I highly advise anyone not to purchase items from him due to such poor business ethics.
Old 02-15-09, 01:37 PM
justinSC
Pole Position

My apologies for not realizing I needed to post a link to the original for-sale thread. Here it is: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...-optional.html

I understand that the thread was locked due to a vouch not being received after I had initiated contact with Charles. However he did receive a vouch in this thread selling another high-dollar item: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...t-cluster.html