Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

vicestan: not a good seller?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-06, 01:28 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at this point i'm getting them sent back to vicestan via USPS. below is some of the replies vicestan replies about the the possible repairs needed:

07-06-06, 09:31 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, send them in to me, the adjusters worked perfect on the left side I don't think I adjusted the right side since it was pretty level on your light but anyway yes send them in to me and I will replace the right hand projector and mounting hardware so they both sit equally and I will refnnish the lens's my self I'm sorry for the inconvinience I think I rushed a little bit because of all the stuff I had but I got new plugs for the ballast sitting here and I have another projector with new mounting brackets , I will need both of them so I can line them up properly, anyway once again sorry I rushed a little I think I have brand new len's laying around so I will probably just swap the once on your headlights now for new once, and the leveling bubbles are worthless since you will align the projectors via wall reflection. I will make 2 new mounting brackets tonight so I can swap them quickly, also include the ballast with the damaged plug I didn't notice it was damaged I have about 5 new once laying around but I will totally replace all of the projector brackets, I would say I rushed with them but I have plenty of time on my hands right now. Also if you want I can black the housings out. or keep them green chrome, Stan.
07-06-06, 09:35 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 LS projectors with out shrouds so I will start setting them up for propper alignment tonight, I will gurantee proper alignment and movement once you get them back or I will refund your money, and if it makes you feel better I will install rubber gaskets around the external part of the projector in the back to allow no air to come through, Stan.
07-06-06, 10:33 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Ben I'm so sorry I rushed this, I will fix everything up and have your lights better then new, I will fix all those minor details, I will include all working bulbs since I have them in bulk I hardly check them so dont reuse yours I will include brand new once and my address is

Stan Malikov

(***address deleted for privacy reasons***)

And I will install waterproof matsushiiita ballast on the headlights, you keep the slim once for the foglights or future ballast mod. Stan.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 01:46 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

vicestan acknowledges receipt of the lights... i am hopeful:

07-13-06, 09:13 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Benny boy I got the headlights today, pretty quick shipping if you ask me, anyway I havent had a chance to work on them today Ive been running around all day, I didnt tell you but ive been having 1.5 weeks of hell, I did that brake swap with johngs4 I sent him my front brakes and rotors and he sent me his supra tt and I paid him cash on top well anyway long story short the brakes are somewhere in chicago and my car has been out of service for 1.5 weeks , bah at first I was getting real pissed because he gave me an invalid tracking # but then it turned out he just accidently put an 8 in there and thats why it didnt work and now Im trying to find my brakes . Enough about that I will work on the lights tomorrow I already have 2 new mounting brackets ready and , Stan.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 12-20-06 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-24-06, 01:47 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

more correspondence.... there is a delay because he just had a car accident, so i am willing to wait:

07-19-06, 12:09 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Haha yea the hyundai is ok, they were offering me the nissan pathfinder but I'm just not a big fan of trucks. The headlights are coming along great, I'm finnishing the 2nd lens now just waiting on the buffing pads to dry up so I can start the 5th layer of rubbing compound. I will send you pictures once they are back togather, Stan.
this is the last PM correspondence i get from him on this board.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 01:52 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i attempt contact by email... i get a reply:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re:
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:03:10 EDT
To: bentang@intergate.ca

Hey ben, I can't log into CL, is it down or something? like I can enter the website but it wont let me log in and view my messages. Maybe they finally banned me? anyway is it ok to upload pictures to this email?
i contact dave, but he sees no problems on his side here on the board. i don't know what's going on.
Old 09-24-06, 01:54 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i contact vicetan again. at this point i've learned that his car was written off and his dog had died:

Subject: Re: BRAKE PICS
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:07:52 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2006 11:12:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time, bentang@intergate.ca writes:

on... i don't see you as being listed as "banned" though.

ben

Hey, yeah it won't let me log in it waits for like 5 seconds then the screen name and password field resets and that happens over and over I don't know if its my computer or something with CL. And yea she got emphysema
Old 09-24-06, 01:58 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

this is the last email i get from him:

Subject: Re: BRAKE PICS
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:21:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/2006 12:17:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time, bentang@intergate.ca writes:

anyway... are you still going on hoilday? you were asking whether you could download pictures to this email... it should be okay.

ben

Hey, I don't think I'm leaving until September now because of the court date, anyway check here are the pictures of the lights, there attached, Stan.
no pics were attached to this email. further email attempts, later with notices informing him that i need to hear something back from him because if i waited longer, i would miss the paypal and credit card deadlines for filing a claim (which i ended up missing with paypal). but from this point on, i never hear from him again.

i stop waiting, and borrow a calling card to call the number he gave me awhile back, but i cannot get anyone to answer. i make several tries but the card runs out and stop trying because it's costing me even more $$$, and i would rather rely on email/PM because i have something to record, which i cannot do with a telephone conversation.

i start searching the board for more information and come across this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=vicestan

i contact kia and find out that it did not end amicably after the thread was locked... kia had to do a chargeback in order to get back her money. i also find out at this point it appears that vicestan was using a different paypal account at that time (stas101@mindspring.com).

i contact paypal in hopes of filing a claim. but because it took so long to ship, i missed their deadline. i had no recourse but to do the credit card chargeback. and then i posted here to see if i was alone... it turns out i wasn't and there have been others who have had problems with him as well. you can read their stories at the beginning of this thread.

so here i am. it's now almost the end of september. i assumed he's left the country on vacation, but since a counterclaim was issued against me by him through paypal, he may not be. so now i have to wait again

Last edited by Benjamin T; 12-20-06 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 10:15 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

pictures resized and reorganized.
Old 12-07-06, 09:36 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i haven't updated in awhile. there isn't much good news. paypal is disputing my chargeback claim and they have an open case against me since september. it says on their site that the investigation process takes 30 days but it's been more than 2 months now. i called paypal on the phone and tried to speak to someone in person, but i wasn't given any clear answers as to what is going on. paypal told me to contact my credit card company, and when i did, the cc company said they initated nothing and had closed the file after the chargeback was made based on the information they told me to supply them. someone else told me it is possible that paypal was not able to recover funds from the seller, so paypal is now trying to come after me so that they don't have to swallow the loss? i'm not sure if this is true but i'm totally in the dark right now

Last edited by Benjamin T; 12-07-06 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-20-06, 08:10 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

a fellow clublexus listmember just found out he's still active on hidplanet.com. a member was sold a set of bad water damaged ballasts by vicestan:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...=232388#232388

Last edited by Benjamin T; 12-20-06 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-17-07, 08:39 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

the dispute case open against me by paypal has just been updated stating that vicestan has sent email to paypal on dec18/06 in response to email from paypal sent to him sep19/06. other than that, i still don't know what is going on.