My new to me Sc400 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20, 05:08 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My new to me Sc400 build

This is my new to me Lexus sc400 1uz fe

I plan on building this correctly so any input will help me out!
First drive home

When i got it home

First wash

3 different makes of msr wheels not a complete set of 1 make

Had to tear the radio out

Kid bent radio tabs in to where air co trols wouldnt go back in

Properly bent tabs back out and got the air controls on

Still no shift *** everything works except the screen on the air controls

18 inch enkei wheels

Oil leak

Place of oil leak

Paint clear coat is fading but not peeling Headlights clear is faded and chipping

I will continue to update as I go along so please give feedback or anything you might feel is useful to help in any way
Old 08-28-20, 06:32 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,198 Likes on 830 Posts

Not a bad starting point! I'd worry about getting that leak fixed and it caught up on maintenance with a good tune up (caps, rotors, plug wires, plugs, etc), timing belt and water pump if needed, and a fluid refresh is always a great place to start. Also, a polish on those headlights will change the front end of that car!
The following users liked this post:
ThatNewSCg (08-28-20)
Old 08-28-20, 07:37 AM
ObSCessed
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Heres an èasy cheap fix for the paint, use this lukat Fixit two step kit polish and priming wax on that hood and it will look great.just checkout the videos on the lukat fix it webaite or youtube. After the priming wax use some klasse all in one followed by klasse sealant glaze, it will appear like it has clearcoat on it. Did this on my red sc that has clearcoat damage and it looks much better now, can post pics if desired.
ThatNewSCg (08-28-20)
Old 08-28-20, 03:25 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Little update for the past 2 days

I am going to buy the 2 step kit to fix the clear coat either this evening or in the morning depending on the weather, meanwhile i Fixed a few vaccum leaks and changed oil and coolant, the leak is coming from the oil pan so I'm ordering a new one! Still need power steering fluid and brake fluid, and bleed the brakes.

Has injen cold air intake which is a plus

Buttoned up the timing covers and injector covers, still need a battery tie down.

Had to get a personal sticker made for the front windshield

It has been raining off and on for the last 2 days so i havent done much exterior wise, we are currently ordering parts that are needed like the throttle position sensor's, and the iac valve.
Old 09-03-20, 12:21 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default My update so far (little hand polishing)

I have been in the hospital for 3 days with a collapsed lung so I havent done much. The doctor advised that i take it easy and not to over exert my lungs, so I'm doing this hand polish a little at a time so it doesnt re collapse.

1st stage of the hand polish is compounding, this is just the spoiler compounded and hand buffed

Starting on the trunk

1st stage of compound trunk and spoiler is complete

Quarter panels, trunk and spoiler hand compound

Little shinier than it used to be, now mind you this is the 1st step of the 2 step process and im dping it by hand no machines.
I've only done the trunk spoiler and quarter panels today but that's a lot more than I was supposed to do given the doctor's orders not to do too much. So please stay tuned I will be updating pictures soon!

The following 2 users liked this post by ThatNewSCg:
Bimmerbill (09-03-20), jdmek998 (09-08-20)
Old 09-03-20, 08:11 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 326 Likes on 252 Posts

I am subscribed and enjoying your updates. I love what you have done buffing your paint out by hand. I look forward to all of your future accomplishments.
You had mentioned earlier that you did not have a shift *** (handle). Do you still need one? If so I thank I still may have my old tan one. Let me know and then give me a few days to locate it, N/C of course.
ThatNewSCg (09-04-20)
Old 09-04-20, 05:40 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about the lung, but I'm glad you have something like this to distract you! Keep your head up and the good work.
ThatNewSCg (09-04-20)
Old 09-04-20, 11:11 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Today's update!

Since i got the car im learning little things it has done to it like the dual magnaflow exhaust, im trying to figure out how to upload a video

Started off this morning by polishing the rest of the roof

Then took 3 or so hours on the hood. Im going to take the headlights and foglights out tomorrow to restore their oem shiny gloss

I'm still trying figure some things out about the forum use but my shifter **** is supposed to be here tomorrow (sat, Sept. 5th) if it doesnt arrive or it's not what I expected I would love to go OEM I will PM you here and we can talk more about it

thank you guys for the best wishes on my lung, it was really weird to have a lung collapse at 25 for no reason but the doctor said as long as im taking it easy and quit smoking I should heal back up in no time!

I'm going to update as much as possible as long as I'm eligible to do the things intended lol
Old 09-05-20, 09:16 AM
ObSCessed
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatNewSCg

Since i got the car im learning little things it has done to it like the dual magnaflow exhaust, im trying to figure out how to upload a video

Started off this morning by polishing the rest of the roof

Then took 3 or so hours on the hood. Im going to take the headlights and foglights out tomorrow to restore their oem shiny gloss

I'm still trying figure some things out about the forum use but my shifter **** is supposed to be here tomorrow (sat, Sept. 5th) if it doesnt arrive or it's not what I expected I would love to go OEM I will PM you here and we can talk more about it

thank you guys for the best wishes on my lung, it was really weird to have a lung collapse at 25 for no reason but the doctor said as long as im taking it easy and quit smoking I should heal back up in no time!

I'm going to update as much as possible as long as I'm eligible to do the things intended lol
Best of luck healing up, those are some pretty amazing results already! Did you use the lukat fix it kit or another product? When your done buffing I highly reccomend getting the german product klasse all in one and sealant glaze, will be the icing in the cake! A bit pricey but worth it. My red sc had clearcoat damage as well and heres how it looks now

ThatNewSCg (09-06-20)
Old 09-06-20, 06:07 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Update!

Before headlights and stuffs (as yall know they were pretty bad)

Before

After

After headlights

Before foglight

After foglights

Passenger side

Drivers side

Little backyard photo to show how good she looks now!

I got my shifter **** in yesterday and will be showing update pics tomorrow when its complete!
Old 09-06-20, 08:53 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks great.

What did you use on your front lamps?

As a final step try Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. It does not give glass like results on every kind of lens. On my LS it made a slight improvement. However, a friend had an ES330 with fogged yellow lights and it took them to a 8 of 10 with 10 being new. All of the yellow came out.

ThatNewSCg (09-07-20)
Old 09-07-20, 10:00 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Update!

I used turtle wax compound and polish 2 step for the whole car, including headlight and foglights im looking into this stuff called f11 is supposed to be like wax but better. I will hopefully have that in the next couple of days (might have to order it online)

Finally got new bulbs for the low beams and fogs

Highbeams are powerful since i polished them And i believe those corner lights are supposed to be on as well (beside lowbeam) may have to get bulbs for those too.
Old 09-08-20, 07:49 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Looks so much better, nice work sir!
ThatNewSCg (09-08-20)
Old 09-08-20, 02:16 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Shift **** finally!!!

Followed these steps from another forum

Took everything out and snipped the OD wires to re route

Measured how much i needed

Trummed the sleeve

Cut lines

And viola all good in the neighbor hood with a aluminum push button shifter!

I thank everyone for the support!!
Old 09-09-20, 08:17 PM
ThatNewSCg
Driver School Candidate

Default Finding small things to fix. DETAILS.

Noticed my title said a different milage than my dash (missing stound 40k miles but remembered there was another dash cluster in the trunk

Took it apart to find the reason it was replaced.

Both clock and odometer dial looks burnt

Not sure if there is anything else wrong with this cluster besides that, all the pins, ribbon cables, and motors for gauges look ok, may fix what i see and do the led upgrade!

Also I finally found a white sc400 at a junkyard I'm going to be going to look at in the next day or so, its sorta local to me so it shouldn't be too much to get what I need if the car has it!

Quick Reply: My new to me Sc400 build