IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3rd Gen IS250 Navi resetting Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-19, 09:01 AM
ZeEsHany12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Gen IS250 Navi resetting Issues

Has anyone else been having an issue with there Navi keeping resetting? I did disconnect the battery and reconnecting it and the issue is still there any recommendation.
Old 11-16-19, 05:58 PM
is250fspor
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been having the same issue with my Radio/GPS unit. I've tried to disconnect the battery, I've attempted to update it to the latest firmware, and no luck, if anything it just got worse. During the summer months it won't even boot up, and now in the cooler months it briefly loads up, and then turns off. Theres a couple of threads regarding the issue amongst other IS3 owners. Lexus really dissapointed on this aspect of the vehicle.
Old 12-14-19, 11:09 PM
s3ktar
Driver School Candidate

Default Firmware update

Originally Posted by is250fspor
I've been having the same issue with my Radio/GPS unit. I've tried to disconnect the battery, I've attempted to update it to the latest firmware, and no luck, if anything it just got worse. During the summer months it won't even boot up, and now in the cooler months it briefly loads up, and then turns off. Theres a couple of threads regarding the issue amongst other IS3 owners. Lexus really dissapointed on this aspect of the vehicle.

I have been looking for the updates firmware for my unit, I haven't been able to find it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Old 12-15-19, 02:44 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by s3ktar
I have been looking for the updates firmware for my unit, I haven't been able to find it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Here's a link to the firmware update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x36hgcbnpv..._0006.kwi?dl=0
Download it, put it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and plug it into the USB ports in the center armrest.
Go through the navi menu and find the software update option.
For this to work the unit has to boot up...so if it's continuously rebooting, you won't be able to install the update.
Old 12-16-19, 09:43 PM
s3ktar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Here's a link to the firmware update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x36hgcbnpv..._0006.kwi?dl=0
Download it, put it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick and plug it into the USB ports in the center armrest.
Go through the navi menu and find the software update option.
For this to work the unit has to boot up...so if it's continuously rebooting, you won't be able to install the update.

Hello Sasnuke,
Thank you very much for the firmware update. I managed to get the update completed but I am still experiencing issues with my radio rebooting. I have been looking around for replacements and haven't been able to find a used on with my exact model number. I have seen multiple posts from you and I must say you are very knowledgable. I have started another thread asking a question bout some interchangeability between 2014/2015 and was hoping you may be able to give me a hand. Here is the thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...hangeable.html . I hope that anyone else who needs the question answered will also benefit from the information.

Thanks again friend.