Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

93 sc400 TT 6-speed, pt2

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-19, 09:04 AM
Sony1492
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the New calipers and rotors installed.

Got the radiator partially mocked up, still needs top mounts and a crossbar.
Old 03-12-19, 01:37 PM
Sony1492
Driver

Remade the radiator mounts more conventionally then before. The crossbar is crude but is only there to act as a support for the radiator/ intercooler and to provide protection for the radiator. Also began getting the powersteering system hooked up.

All the ms3 wiring is hooked up enough to do a test start for verification before its all heat shrunk and cut to length. But cant do a test run because my computer wont talk to the tuning cable and couldn't figure out the drivers(for the usb to usb cable). I've bought a serial to USB cable that comes with a driver install disc so I can attempt a start when that shows up.

In the mean time I will get the clutch pedal set up, make tabs/mount the intercooler, and get the fuel pump going
Old 03-12-19, 01:54 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,198 Likes on 830 Posts

You're making great progress - can't wait to see more updates.
Old 03-13-19, 07:43 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sony1492

Remade the radiator mounts more conventionally then before. The crossbar is crude but is only there to act as a support for the radiator/ intercooler and to provide protection for the radiator. Also began getting the powersteering system hooked up.

All the ms3 wiring is hooked up enough to do a test start for verification before its all heat shrunk and cut to length. But cant do a test run because my computer wont talk to the tuning cable and couldn't figure out the drivers(for the usb to usb cable). I've bought a serial to USB cable that comes with a driver install disc so I can attempt a start when that shows up.

In the mean time I will get the clutch pedal set up, make tabs/mount the intercooler, and get the fuel pump going

this gave me an idea for mine, my radiator support is completely crunched and the radiator is shifted back and up so instead of trying to straighten it i'm gonna cut it out and weld a new piece in like you did.
Old 03-13-19, 08:50 AM
Sony1492
Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
this gave me an idea for mine, my radiator support is completely crunched and the radiator is shifted back and up so instead of trying to straighten it i'm gonna cut it out and weld a new piece in like you did.
Excited to see what it looks like when your done! Main benefit I see is that you can unbolt it when you want to pull the drivetrain and subframe as a whole with just jackstands(instead of a lift). Also clearly it's a piece of angle iron but there is also square tube tacked into the center otherwise it will bend too easily, so maybe a rectangular or square tube across would be best to start with?
Old 03-13-19, 12:42 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Sony1492
Excited to see what it looks like when your done! Main benefit I see is that you can unbolt it when you want to pull the drivetrain and subframe as a whole with just jackstands(instead of a lift). Also clearly it's a piece of angle iron but there is also square tube tacked into the center otherwise it will bend too easily, so maybe a rectangular or square tube across would be best to start with?
yep i can't wait get it done
Old 03-16-19, 03:05 AM
Sony1492
Driver

Made intercooler and powersteering cooler mounts.

Last edited by Sony1492; 03-16-19 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-06-19, 08:04 PM
Sony1492
Driver

Finished the clutch setup, used a Collins 3an Clutch line to a Vibrant 3an banjo that ended up being too small and getting drilled out to fit.

Properly made all the sensor connections (beside cam/crank), tidied up the loom deciding how everything is routed, dealt with the clutch, filled the transmission, ran Powersteering lines, and made all the heater hoses.

After some critical help with megasquirt settings from a fellow CL member and fiddling It started! Idled pretty good, revved decent, and has relit the motivation to finish this project. Just powerbought all the chargepipe and exhaust tube/mufflers.
Old 04-08-19, 12:50 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Hearing a project start for the first time can really reignite the passion behind it. Nice work so far! We can't wait to see some results from this bad boy.
Old 04-12-19, 01:07 PM
Sony1492
Driver

Routed all the radiator lines and made an upper mount for it.

Got the car running on wasted COP with 0°s and sequential injection then after attempting to set the timing I realized I was 360°s off. Timings still needs to be fine tuned before I can continue but the car now runs with sequential injection and timing. Currently only the afr gauge is wired in but soon the boost and knock gauge along with the fan will be too.

Currently working on the rest of the exhaust and charge pipe plumbing before I move forward with getting it driving
Old 04-18-19, 06:10 AM
Sony1492
Driver

The exhaust was finished using scraps from the local muffler shop and some straight lengths from Summit. 3" was too thick to fit without ride height issues so most if the exhaust has been ovaled to about 2.25".
Old 04-23-19, 10:33 PM
Sony1492
Driver

All extra wiring is finished with the knock gauge, fan, fuel pump, and afr gauge. Been having a bit of trouble tuning in the VR sensor pots, I either get a good startup with sync loss at rpm or I tune crank hysterisis up a tad to get a very poor start and good sync past 1000rpm. Replaced the crank sensor and have fixed a small coolant leak that was dripping onto the sensor so we will see.

Charge pipe is ready, just waiting on T clamps and a 180° bend that is evidently on the slow boat from China.
Old 04-24-19, 01:39 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

It's really coming together in there, your hard work shows! Keep at it - I absolutely can't wait to see this thing rippin around.
Old 04-26-19, 09:57 PM
Sony1492
Driver

Scheduled dyno tuning next week, for now its keeping it out of boost while test driving to iron out kinks. Here are a few things:

Evidently the sump is leaking oil pretty heavily, I must have used the wrong gasket maker or torqued it down wrong. So I'll need to pull the motor at some point.

The turbos are also burning lots of oil which is no surprise considering their previous life.
Old 04-27-19, 01:49 PM
Kyleg250z
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sweet progress! I'm hoping to catch up to you soon.

Have you tried a restrictor on the turbo oil feed? It solved the oil burning issue I was having.

Quick Reply: 93 sc400 TT 6-speed, pt2