Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC owner vehicles

Monkey's Ultra White RC 350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-19, 10:37 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
You going to wrap or paint it white again?
Thinking about a nardo or battleship grey wrap.
Old 04-23-19, 10:40 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Thinking about a nardo or battleship grey wrap.
That would look so amazing!
The following users liked this post:
jonmonkey (04-23-19)
Old 04-23-19, 11:34 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Another One Bites The Dust

Those would look great with USB. I will tell you now that these are a pain to clean. I just ceramic coated the front wheels yesterday and plan to do the rears this weekend. I am hoping that makes cleaning much easier.
That makes ANOTHER wheel that will NOT clear the calipers on our car! Back to drawing board.....

I have just about EVERYTHING Ceramic Coated. Thinking of doing it to myself next!
Old 07-04-19, 06:17 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Old 07-09-19, 03:11 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

Your RC looks amazing!! I love the stance, the wheels and pretty much everything about yours!! I mostly envy your ability to do that work yourself. I am sorry to hear about your paint though, that blows that a stupid washer can cause so much damage You take it a lot better than I would, I think I would need to be institutionalized (lol)
jonmonkey (07-09-19)
Old 07-09-19, 05:53 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Thanks @wthrman2, luckily with time, wash and polish 99% of those paint spots came out. There are a couple deeper ones on the side skirt but nothing too serious.
Old 07-09-19, 10:00 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ That is a relief!! I guess, one could say that relief always come from a good hand job.....
Old 07-09-19, 10:39 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ That is a relief!! I guess, one could say that relief always come from a good hand job.....
wthrman2 (07-09-19)
Old 07-09-19, 05:16 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Glad my quirky humor didn't offend (lol)
Old 08-14-19, 01:08 PM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Installed the Opt7 underglow and interior LED kits. Fairly easy install with wire tucking under the fender liners and under the dash. Added on/off switches so they don't run 24/7. Everything is controllable through a phone app. Really wish they made more room to work down in the foot wells. Overall like the result although I will only be using these things at car meets. Cost was not bad and customer service was great, had a control box go out after install and they sent a new one in 2 days and provided for free return shipping of the defective box.

Old 12-10-19, 01:35 PM
jonmonkey
Advanced

I finally got around to installing this. Depending on your level of comfort tearing apart your car the install was not too difficult. There is an install guide somewhere on these forums that was helpful. Have a good way to wire tap because the kit included taps are garbage. You will need some sort of quick disconnect taps or the farthest your bumper will ever be from your car is about 1 foot. I ended up leaving the DRL wire disconnected because I did not want the light on when my DRLs were on. I have it wired to light up when breaking and then it does a sequential light up when the turn signal, hazards or is unlocked. Found it on ebay or Amazon, search for the The Arrow LED. Fits both the RC (all models) and the RCF.

Last edited by jonmonkey; 12-10-19 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-06-20, 06:38 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Finally got around to adding the RR Racing tune. I bought the MyGenius tool from a forum member....who was from Quebec.

All those years of taking French in high school....the ones that I thought would never pay off, finally did.

Probably a little too soon to say much about added performance but there feels to be more pep.
Old 03-23-20, 09:44 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

I finally had a day off from work and got bored with my self imposed quarantine...so I decided to re-wrapped my interior trim pieces. I used Vvivid's epoxy carbon fiber vinyl wrap which I purchased off Amazon with some new wrap tools for $40ish. I think I got a 2ft x 5ft roll which is more than enough if you don't mess up. The photos do not do this material justice. It has a very nice shine with great 3D depth as it is a layered vinyl product. Being a layer vinyl makes it somewhat thicker than typical vinyl material but I did not feel it was overly difficult to apply. The pieces are not as nice as real CF parts from say someone like Elvin but a very nice alternative considering the price. Depending on your experience with vinyl it is also a nice way to occupy your time if you have nothing else to binge watch. The door pieces and the bit ob the glove box are rather straight forward and really only require a heat gun, a blade and patience. The center console has some elements that are tricky but with patience and some knifeless tape can be done.

Next up I have some high heat caliper wrap coming that I plan to wrap my engine cover with. My white high heat paint and turned a odd shade of yellow so I plan to place with wrap. Stay tuned....and wash your hands.

Before wrapped in Averyl matte black

After...look at that shine
Old 04-12-20, 09:39 PM
baggedRC
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I finally had a day off from work and got bored with my self imposed quarantine...so I decided to re-wrapped my interior trim pieces. I used Vvivid's epoxy carbon fiber vinyl wrap which I purchased off Amazon with some new wrap tools for $40ish. I think I got a 2ft x 5ft roll which is more than enough if you don't mess up. The photos do not do this material justice. It has a very nice shine with great 3D depth as it is a layered vinyl product. Being a layer vinyl makes it somewhat thicker than typical vinyl material but I did not feel it was overly difficult to apply. The pieces are not as nice as real CF parts from say someone like Elvin but a very nice alternative considering the price. Depending on your experience with vinyl it is also a nice way to occupy your time if you have nothing else to binge watch. The door pieces and the bit ob the glove box are rather straight forward and really only require a heat gun, a blade and patience. The center console has some elements that are tricky but with patience and some knifeless tape can be done.

Next up I have some high heat caliper wrap coming that I plan to wrap my engine cover with. My white high heat paint and turned a odd shade of yellow so I plan to place with wrap. Stay tuned....and wash your hands.

Before wrapped in Averyl matte black

After...look at that shine
interior looks awesome good job on the wrap.
Old 04-13-20, 06:12 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Another quarantine project that I did a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post. I had painted my engine cover to match my body and caliper colors. The high heat paint that I used did not hold up and started to yellow. I decided to redo things with a high heat vinyl product from Vvivid. Here is the evolution of my engine cover.

Initial paint job

Second paint job after several months of living in the bay....that bright white was not so bright anymore.

Finished project. Wrapped the strut tower bar to match.

Quick Reply: Monkey's Ultra White RC 350 Build