Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Vince's NA-T college fun build

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-19, 09:29 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 224 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by vinyvin
I shall let my dad run my car on the track first! I look up to him for my racing skills on the track so he deserves so to drive this car before anyone! Its thanks to all of you on clublexus that this is becoming a reality.
Congrats on your father!
Old 06-10-19, 01:28 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Congratulations about your dad - what a blessing! Cherish that **** because life truly is short.
Old 06-14-19, 03:30 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you so much guys for the wonderful words! Love this community. BUT, back to the chinese turbo issues many predict aha. So. My turbo housing has no ports or holes for vacumm lines.... heres a pic

I hope Im not mistaken calling this the housing. Also I looked all over the turbo and found nothing on it either. What can i do to run this turbo?
Old 06-14-19, 05:40 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Nvm whoops aha i run the boost source off the intake right?
Old 06-14-19, 10:59 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Also another question. Wbat size studs and nuts should I use for oem oil return spot? I seen on other threads they just list the part numbers but maybe you guys figured out something new?
Old 06-17-19, 04:06 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Fuel injectors are in. The rail is tightened down and is keeping in place. Got the nuts and studs coming in from toyota soon. Now just gotta cap off the EGR lines
Old 06-18-19, 07:11 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Thank you so much guys for the wonderful words! Love this community. BUT, back to the chinese turbo issues many predict aha. So. My turbo housing has no ports or holes for vacumm lines.... heres a pic

I hope Im not mistaken calling this the housing. Also I looked all over the turbo and found nothing on it either. What can i do to run this turbo?
You have options, on many turbo's there is a spot boost reference spot that you can use on the compressor housing. Your turbo has a spot for it, but it isn't drilled. My turbo WAS the same. You can buy yourself a
1/4" Hose ID to 1/8" Male NPT MNPT 90 Degree Elbow Brass Fitting 1/4" Hose ID to 1/8" Male NPT MNPT 90 Degree Elbow Brass Fitting
and drill and tap your housing for it and install it. Since the housing is thicker in the spot in the picture below, that is where I would place the fitting:

Old 06-18-19, 07:12 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Also another question. Wbat size studs and nuts should I use for oem oil return spot? I seen on other threads they just list the part numbers but maybe you guys figured out something new?
I would use the same size studs that are mentioned in the other thread. Nothing new since those studs work so well.
Old 06-18-19, 10:56 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Isnt it possible to use the boost source off the intake tho? Thats what Ive seen others do on here so Im curious
Old 06-18-19, 11:20 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

It is possible. I personally prefer to get the boost reference from the compressor housing, but I will acknowledge that there are differing lines of thought on this.

One thing against using an intake reference point is that the wastegate diaphragm is not designed to see vacuum... It could cause issues with your wastegate down the line.
Old 06-18-19, 01:44 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
It is possible. I personally prefer to get the boost reference from the compressor housing, but I will acknowledge that there are differing lines of thought on this.

One thing against using an intake reference point is that the wastegate diaphragm is not designed to see vacuum... It could cause issues with your wastegate down the line.
Interesting. Although since this is a low boost build plus the waste gate is a cheap Chinese one, it should be fine to run it through the intake for some time right? Plus I plan on upgrading to a much better turbo down the line. Main plan is to just get my poor lil car back on the road asap because Im starting to miss it lol
The following users liked this post:
mrmj2u (06-19-19)
Old 06-20-19, 10:12 AM
vinyvin
Driver

so another issue fellas. I got the boost labs oil line kit but it has this 90 idk how to connect these to things.
Old 06-20-19, 10:26 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

so another issue fellas. I got the boost labs oil line kit but it has this 90 idk how to connect these to things.
Brand name turbos don’t normally have that flange on the oil inlet. There is a threaded hole for oil. Your turbo has that flange/restrictor on it so you need an adapter.

Use this instead:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F131610413005
Old 06-20-19, 10:45 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Alright just purchased it. Now with simply replacing that part with the new one and oil line system should be complete! I hope lol
The following users liked this post:
MNtyler (06-21-19)
Old 06-20-19, 10:48 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Alright just purchased it. Now with simply replacing that part with the new one and oil line system should be complete! I hope lol
Should work. That’s what I run on my ch-urbo lol

Quick Reply: Vince's NA-T college fun build