Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Vince's NA-T college fun build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-19, 08:50 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
I read your post as if you needed to purchase the fuel pump and other things below it, but it now seems as if you already have it. Cool.
yeah I meant as in waiting to be delivered.. lol.. also whats your thoughts on the post above?
Old 03-06-19, 07:30 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,198 Likes on 830 Posts

Get it man! You're hitting the ground running. Should have a killer street set up once you're done.
Old 03-06-19, 08:10 AM
vinyvin
Driver

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Get it man! You're hitting the ground running. Should have a killer street set up once you're done.
thanks man! But I had a few questions on the previous post, would love some ppinions
Old 03-06-19, 05:53 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Okay, guys. This is it. I will be starting my build this Friday.
Remember this is a College fun build and seeing how spring break is next week, it makes sense to go ahead.
Here are the plans in order.
Install a new fuel system which is 550cc Denso injectors after I take the new fuel pump for a test drive.
I will be using stock FPR and lines as I will first be doing low boost to take it easy on the stock trans and HG.
Install the new XS power kit.
Then get the ECU in.

This is it, guys. After 2 years of constantly reading threads of builds and stuff about NAT, this is it. This is my dream. I know there will be frustration and so much other stuff and I'm ready for it. This car will teach me patience. Here goes nothing guys thank all of you for your advice. This thread will be much more active by me. This is my daily driver so let's see how quickly I can get her going.
The following users liked this post:
Supremeg56 (07-15-19)
Old 03-07-19, 01:38 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vinyvin
Okay, guys. This is it. I will be starting my build this Friday.
Remember this is a College fun build and seeing how spring break is next week, it makes sense to go ahead.
Here are the plans in order.
Install a new fuel system which is 550cc Denso injectors after I take the new fuel pump for a test drive.
I will be using stock FPR and lines as I will first be doing low boost to take it easy on the stock trans and HG.
Install the new XS power kit.
Then get the ECU in.

This is it, guys. After 2 years of constantly reading threads of builds and stuff about NAT, this is it. This is my dream. I know there will be frustration and so much other stuff and I'm ready for it. This car will teach me patience. Here goes nothing guys thank all of you for your advice. This thread will be much more active by me. This is my daily driver so let's see how quickly I can get her going.
heck yeah man drop the hammer and git er done!
Old 03-08-19, 07:39 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Default Progress!

LETS GET IT! Heres some progress pics for yall!

Took the hood off. Got that dang y body off. Some other stuff but there she is! Took off most of the EGR stuff too!

Got this!

Gonna be doing this ol mod

Xs power turbo. Dont worry, Im not gonna rely on this guy for high numbers. Baby steps.

Cam and belt look great! Will prob change the belt to play it safe tho.
Waiting on the ECU to come in. Along with gauges and boost controller. Greddy prosec2. Going to flow test my 550cc injectors from driftmotion to play it safe. Going to drill for the oil return with the pan on the engine. Using the good ol grease and drill method. I will take it very very slow. I'll make sure to reread that thread 10 more times to play it safe.

prob forgetting some things but ask away! Let me hear your guys thoughts!
Old 03-11-19, 03:00 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Default Yall saw this coming lol

Well ladies and gentlemen. It seems I will be going back to NA for some time. This car being my daily played much more stress then I thought. Therefore I will have to go to stock for now. During the build I clearly ran into areas where I had little knowledge and i was unprepared. It was fun. But like many preach, do it once, and do it right the first time.

So, I will be waiting until summer where I will have no stress of needing a daily. I will be able to work on it in piece. Not rush. Take my time. And be at peace. My apologies for being somewhat emotional in this thread. This car is my everything. So I wish to treat it right. I will still ask questions and give updates on this thread.

Thank you all for your support.

P.S. ~ where tf am i supposed to go when everyone links to club nat? That site is down (RIP) and had all the info I needed
Old 03-13-19, 04:36 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well ladies and gentlemen. It seems I will be going back to NA for some time. This car being my daily played much more stress then I thought. Therefore I will have to go to stock for now. During the build I clearly ran into areas where I had little knowledge and i was unprepared. It was fun. But like many preach, do it once, and do it right the first time.

So, I will be waiting until summer where I will have no stress of needing a daily. I will be able to work on it in piece. Not rush. Take my time. And be at peace. My apologies for being somewhat emotional in this thread. This car is my everything. So I wish to treat it right. I will still ask questions and give updates on this thread.

Thank you all for your support.

P.S. ~ where tf am i supposed to go when everyone links to club nat? That site is down (RIP) and had all the info I needed
No need to apologize in your own thread. There are a lot of good 2JZ guys in this community willing to help. This forum and supraforums has a wealth of sc300 NA-T knowledge, just do some searching for builds to read. My suggestion would be to save up for an inexpensive daily beater so you don’t have to worry about trying to daily a project. Getting a project to the point of reliability and making power takes time.
Old 03-13-19, 05:56 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,198 Likes on 830 Posts

No sorry's needed. Take your time, do it right, and you'll ALWAYS be glad you did. I've taken apart my daily many of times in the past and put myself into ****ty situations with getting to school and work. Not only was it a pain, but my parents f'ing hated me for it sometimes lol.
Old 05-07-19, 02:57 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Default Im hoping Im dumb.

Hello all. So it seems either I lack certain knowledge or it seems XS power sent me an incomplete kit

The only 2 oil components I got. There is a bigger version of the flange on the left but its hooked up to the oil return on the bottom of the turbo. The right one has a check valve in it, no way to screw anything into it.

The only lines I got.

The only other components I got.

Thats everything that could be used on the oil system. Maybe Im doing something wrong but I cant find any way to make this system work. Return nor feed.

Also before you go saying "Just send back the kit" or "dont go chinese". At least try and help me make this work. I'd accept if I had to replace the system. I knew I ran a risk buying this kit. It seemed so promising on reviews tho.

If you need more pics of anything, let me know. Most of the remaining parts are platic or for the wastegate and BOV. I plan on working on the car during summer in a week or two so all advice and words are appriciated. Thank you!

Last edited by vinyvin; 05-07-19 at 02:58 PM. Reason: One sentence
Old 05-08-19, 09:26 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

So you have everything you need to finish your oil system. I would like to see the fitting on the return side of the turbo though.

The one on the left in this picture should be fitted to the oil pan:

The black return line in the second picture should thread right into this fitting.

It looks like you have two oil feed lines. You will need to get an IS300 Oil filter housing Union Bolt or drill and tap your current union bolt to accept one of the -4an fittings in your third picture. You then screw one side of your oil feed lines into that, then the other side into the top of the turbo. Here is my union bolt:

Is your turbo Journal Bearing or Ball Bearing? Generally speaking if your turbo is ball bearing then you should use an oil restrictor, if it is journal bearing, there should be no restrictor.

Last edited by mrmj2u; 05-08-19 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-08-19, 11:33 AM
vinyvin
Driver

So you have everything you need to finish your oil system. I would like to see the fitting on the return side of the turbo though.

The one on the left in this picture should be fitted to the oil pan:

The black return line in the second picture should thread right into this fitting.

It looks like you have two oil feed lines. You will need to get an IS300 Oil filter housing Union Bolt or drill and tap your current union bolt to accept one of the -4an fittings in your third picture. You then screw one side of your oil feed lines into that, then the other side into the top of the turbo. Here is my union bolt:

Is your turbo Journal Bearing or Ball Bearing? Generally speaking if your turbo is ball bearing then you should use an oil restrictor, if it is journal bearing, there should be no restrictor.
So the turbo seems to be journal bearing seeing how the wheel does not spin for hours. The fitting on the turbo is just like the one on the left just that its bigger, I'll get pics soon. But how would I hook up the oil feed to the turbo itself? I already have an IS300 union bolt tho so we are good. THANK YOU so much for responding btw appriciate it!
Old 05-08-19, 01:33 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

So the turbo seems to be journal bearing seeing how the wheel does not spin for hours. The fitting on the turbo is just like the one on the left just that its bigger, I'll get pics soon. But how would I hook up the oil feed to the turbo itself? I already have an IS300 union bolt tho so we are good. THANK YOU so much for responding btw appriciate it!
Some turbos have the turbo oil feed threaded so that you can use one of the fittings that were included in your kit directly inside that hole. Check your turbo feed hole to see if it is threaded.
Old 05-08-19, 01:40 PM
vinyvin
Driver

Some turbos have the turbo oil feed threaded so that you can use one of the fittings that were included in your kit directly inside that hole. Check your turbo feed hole to see if it is threaded.
No thread, if there was we wouldve been in buisness lol. And heres the pics.

I didnt install this

That black hose wont fit through it it seems but they do connect
Old 05-08-19, 01:43 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

This goes into the turbo drain fitting which is connected to the turbo now:

Then you push the black hose onto that push lock fitting.

You didn't show a picture of your turbo oil line inlet.

Quick Reply: Vince's NA-T college fun build