Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Revitalyzed 07 IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-19, 10:09 AM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Been a while since I updated this thread. So here's the progress from December to February:

Finally split my VSXX's to replace the 2" lips up front with 3" lips. Wheels came 18x9 and 18x10.5 from Work. Never rebuilt wheels in my life so I took my time and examined videos like crazy to make sure I did everything right.

Decided to freshen up the hardware, so I purchase a case tumbler from Amazon, get something abrasive and threw in some liquid polish and let it run for 6 hours or so. Off the wheel, after tumbling, after hand polishing with Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish

Vland headlights came in the same time I split my wheels
Old 04-17-19, 10:17 AM
rvtlyzd
Driver

February to March:

Decided to throw on the rears one day just to see how they fit... very happy with the fitment for 10.5 wide:

A month later, sent in my lips to get stripped of the black powder coat and be polished. Was waayyy more happy with the fronts than I was before the polish. Black lips really take away from the width of them.

Threw in a couple bolts and nuts just to hold the faces together so I could test the fronts. Wasn't sure if 18x10 would fit since most people on this forum seem scared to do so.

A week after, got my tire size finally calculated and purchased, sealed these bad boys up, and got my skirts painted.

Old 04-17-19, 10:34 AM
rvtlyzd
Driver

March to April:

Everything loaded up to get mounted and did a test fit the same day.

Front fitment is amazing. So much more aggressive than my 9.5 setup.(Note: car was sitting higher cause I had a jack still holding the car up)

Threw my winters back on because it was expected to snow very soon (which it did) so in that time threw on my skirts and extension. If you guys buy these Ings style skirts, PLEASE make sure they fit both sides and not only one. Made the mistake of test fitting my left, which fit perfectly, just to find out the right was half an inch off. Already had them painted so I couldn't body work it.

A week after this, decided to throw everything on since my first show, Import Expo, was nearing up and had to make sure everything fit okay and had no problems. Also, when installing these Vland headlights, try your best to level them before throwing everything back together. Height is easy to adjust, but width is a pain in the ***. Mine are still off but it's doable for the night driving I do

Also threw on my Car Act carbon roof spoiler. This thing does not fit the curve of the glass whatsoever. Highly recommend you stack 5 layers or 3M tape on both ends, one strip in the middle, and take some silicone and close the gap from the top of the roof. Did a whole week of driving in rain, high winds, and snow and it has not moved at all. (tape is holding down the 3M to the best of it's ability. This was before I put silicone on it)

And finally the car at Import Expo Toronto Season Opener.

Couldn't be any happier with the final result of my car. I highly encourage anyone reading this that inspired to mod their car to do what YOU like. I didn't think VSXX's would look good on this body, or the roof spoiler, but I love the final result. I had someone copy my last setup to a tee and I could not stand it. Be original, do what YOU like. Don't copy someone's setup you found on the internet!

Any questions, feel free to ask! I'll gladly answer!
Old 05-06-19, 08:02 PM
StackzIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This build is super clean. Great taste and awesome work thus far; keep it up! Fellow Torontonian here!
Old 05-07-19, 10:48 AM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Originally Posted by StackzIS
This build is super clean. Great taste and awesome work thus far; keep it up! Fellow Torontonian here!
Thank you brotha! Much appreciated!
Old 05-08-19, 04:46 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good man.
Old 07-18-19, 03:45 PM
Mikes08
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's up nice car by the way!! I had a question for you I have a set of BC coil overs also but, they are no installed yet. Did you make some adjustments or just installed them out of the box. Because the stance is pretty dope on your car. I was planning on just a 2'' inch drop also how much did you drop your car to have the rear tire tuck ??
Old 09-02-19, 07:58 PM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Haven't updated this in a minute. Not much has changed to the car except a good paint correction done by JD Polishing and an ISF rear bumper with LED reflectors and 3.5" quad tips. ISF rear bumper supplied by CL member @smaggs , paint done by Co-Op Auto Body, LED reflectors and quad tips from eBay.

The following 3 users liked this post by rvtlyzd:
Aspect (09-03-19), MikeFig82 (09-03-19), smaggs (09-03-19)
Old 09-03-19, 04:01 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

super aggressive!
Old 09-03-19, 10:35 PM
smaggs
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Such a clean build Glad the bumper went to a good home
Old 09-08-19, 08:42 PM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Originally Posted by Aspect
super aggressive!
Much love brother!
Old 09-08-19, 08:43 PM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Originally Posted by smaggs
Such a clean build Glad the bumper went to a good home
Thanks a ton Sam!
Old 10-04-19, 01:08 PM
MIca250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build bro! Have you had any trouble with your car being lowered? Also how many inches did you drop it? Looks great!
Old 10-22-19, 08:55 AM
RobzKar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are the lip sizes on the wheels? looks real clean.
Old 11-09-19, 07:05 PM
rvtlyzd
Driver

Originally Posted by MIca250
Awesome build bro! Have you had any trouble with your car being lowered? Also how many inches did you drop it? Looks great!
Honestly I have no clue. I just maxed out the fronts and left a little room in the rear. And no real troubles. Just the typical vibrations that come with slamming an AWD model.

Quick Reply: Revitalyzed 07 IS250 AWD