Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The 2JankyZ Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-18, 02:55 PM
DaBwyan61
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The 2JankyZ Build

Hey all, thought I'd finally get the thread rolling now that I'm about to start ordering some parts. I've decided to go through with an NA-T build on my 335,000 mile SC300 (original 2JZ-GE & W58). Why would I try boosting a 335k mile motor you ask? Well why not? The car has a long history of regular maintenance records and runs totally fine. Everything in the car works minus one light in the gauge cluster. Replace some seals/gaskets, give the transmission some new bushings and a throwout bearing and the car should drive nicely. The only issues with the car are really cosmetic, which I don't mind and is what gives the build its name. The car isn't my daily driver, and I don't want to have to worry about keeping it absolutely spotless and nice, so I've decided to embrace it's slightly janky look (dent or scratch here and there, surface rust in front of the rear wheels, etc...) since people will only be able to see the tail lights when things are put together Plus who expects an old 20-something year old Lexus to give them a run for their money? I'll get around to tidying up the exterior eventually. Initial goals are to at least reach mid-300's and perhaps closer to 400. Very curious to see how long a 335k mile W58 will last (treating it nicely however, not beating on it). Still debating between R154 or CD009 as there seem to be pros and cons to both.

As far as engine parts go here is what I'm planning so far:

Holset HX35
XS-Power / DriftMotion / or CXRacing T4 exhaust manifold
T3/T4 adapter
Turbosmart 38mm 14psi wastegate
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM Wideband
HKS FCD
GReddy SCD
CXRacing Intercooler
2JZ-GTE Head Gasket
Walbro 255lph
JDM 440cc injectors
Tial BOV
DM Oil Lines (-4 / -10)
IS300 Union Bolt
NGK 6097 spark plugs
Clutch Masters FX400

Also going with the famous TT ECU mod so add:

JDM Supra TT 6-speed ECU
2JZ-GTE MAP Sensor
Universal IAT Sensor
DS62 Igniter
2JZ-GE VVTi Ignition Coils

Plus a few extra maintenance items since I plan on pulling the engine and cleaning up everything.

I'll start to update more as things start rolling in and work begins.
Old 07-20-18, 10:12 AM
IISevv
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaBwyan61
Hey all, thought I'd finally get the thread rolling now that I'm about to start ordering some parts. I've decided to go through with an NA-T build on my 335,000 mile SC300 (original 2JZ-GE & W58). Why would I try boosting a 335k mile motor you ask? Well why not? The car has a long history of regular maintenance records and runs totally fine. Everything in the car works minus one light in the gauge cluster. Replace some seals/gaskets, give the transmission some new bushings and a throwout bearing and the car should drive nicely. The only issues with the car are really cosmetic, which I don't mind and is what gives the build its name. The car isn't my daily driver, and I don't want to have to worry about keeping it absolutely spotless and nice, so I've decided to embrace it's slightly janky look (dent or scratch here and there, surface rust in front of the rear wheels, etc...) since people will only be able to see the tail lights when things are put together Plus who expects an old 20-something year old Lexus to give them a run for their money? I'll get around to tidying up the exterior eventually. Initial goals are to at least reach mid-300's and perhaps closer to 400. Very curious to see how long a 335k mile W58 will last (treating it nicely however, not beating on it). Still debating between R154 or CD009 as there seem to be pros and cons to both.

As far as engine parts go here is what I'm planning so far:

Holset HX35
XS-Power / DriftMotion / or CXRacing T4 exhaust manifold
T3/T4 adapter
Turbosmart 38mm 14psi wastegate
Aeromotive AFPR
AEM Wideband
HKS FCD
GReddy SCD
CXRacing Intercooler
2JZ-GTE Head Gasket
Walbro 255lph
JDM 440cc injectors
Tial BOV
DM Oil Lines (-4 / -10)
IS300 Union Bolt
NGK 6097 spark plugs
Clutch Masters FX400

Also going with the famous TT ECU mod so add:

JDM Supra TT 6-speed ECU
2JZ-GTE MAP Sensor
Universal IAT Sensor
DS62 Igniter
2JZ-GE VVTi Ignition Coils

Plus a few extra maintenance items since I plan on pulling the engine and cleaning up everything.

I'll start to update more as things start rolling in and work begins.
On an NA ECU (running low boost) there shouldn’t be any fuel cut other than at the stock redline. Additionally, you need a smaller Wastegate spring. You can’t open the Wastegate with less boost than the spring allows.
Old 07-20-18, 10:20 AM
IISevv
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need something like a 7-10 Psi spring so that you have a base level to start tuning at. Get a boost controller, a set of ARP studs, and do an EGR delete.