Modawgz GS400 build series

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-18, 05:35 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Modawgz GS400 build series

Hey CL,
I've had my GS400 for awhile and am just now deciding to make a build thread for it. I bought it completely stock and so far I've put on some function form type 2 coils and an aristo front end. In the future I'm hoping to go GTE swap or ultra VIP build lol. I have more aristo interior parts coming and when they get here I'll let everyone know. Also btw any pointers and help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Modawgz; 07-25-18 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-09-18, 10:39 AM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Just a few more pics . Waiting for wheels to come in
Old 05-09-18, 10:51 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nice work so far!
Old 05-09-18, 10:55 AM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jadu
nice work so far!
thanks man! It’s my first car so I’m trying to make it memorable
Old 07-24-18, 07:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Any update? Nice drop with those coils.
Old 07-24-18, 08:00 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys sorry it's been awhile lol. Summer has been a struggle for me working all day everyday grinding for more money to put into the gs. A few additions have been added since I last posted; mostly stickers from the good guys over at Wolfreign motors and slightly bigger pipes in the rear. I also picked up a sweet vertex wheel and once I finish painting the car I'll be buying a quick release and throwing it on. I currently don't have any updated pictures of the car because I have been working on it at a family friend's bodyshop. Since I swapped the aristo front end the whole front has been slightly darker grey than the rest of the car and I can finally say that issue has been put to rest lol. I've always wanted to work in a shop and learn more about my car inside and out and I've finally been given that chance. More pictures will be coming tomorrow & I'll be posting a more detailed list of all the mods I'm looking forward to putting onto my car. Stay tuned.

Old 07-25-18, 01:58 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sick car dude, I like the lowcals sticker. I'm also in high school trying to build my GS so it's cool to see I'm not the only one working on a super tight budget. Once I get it out of the body shop I will hopefully get it on some coils, that drop looks good I'll be keeping track of this build
Old 07-25-18, 02:15 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Paint is finally done
Time for a nice wax and polish

Old 07-25-18, 02:19 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hbradberry
Sick car dude, I like the lowcals sticker. I'm also in high school trying to build my GS so it's cool to see I'm not the only one working on a super tight budget. Once I get it out of the body shop I will hopefully get it on some coils, that drop looks good I'll be keeping track of this build
Thanks man. Your build is clean as well. We gotta represent and show all the OGs that not all of us are into civic ricers lol.

Last edited by Modawgz; 07-25-18 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-17-18, 08:57 AM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone sorry for yet another delay in updating this lol. I've done 2 new things to the car and neither of them are permanent. Firstly I threw on my dad's old wheels from his 06 3gs. I don't really know how I feel about these wheels so far and I'll definitely be changing them out whenever my budget allows me to.
Here's the before and after:

I've also had a corbeau seat sitting in my room from my old miata and I woke up one morning really bored and decided to pickup some brackets and throw it into my gs. My driver's seat was pretty messed up anyways. The seat sits really low in the gs which is pretty cool and it's also really comfortable. I'm only keeping it in until I find a oem drivers side in good condition for me to put in. But still let me know what you guys think.

I'm still waiting to put the vertex steering wheel in but that is for sure going to be the next mod coming since I already have all the parts for it lol. Sometime next week Im going to start looking for some aftermarket control arms for the front and rear. If anyone has any recommendations for what brand I should get it would be much appreciated!

Old 08-17-18, 11:48 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

For the front I replaced mine with ACdelco upper arms and have had good luck with those for 20k so far. If you want a little adjustment go for SPC upper arms and if you want a lot Megan makes some that adjust a lot. For the rear the best arms lower are from FIGs but they're not cheap. Megan also makes some for the rear upper and lower arms.

Also can you post some more pictures of the seat in the car? I'm interested in doing something like that to my car. Is your airbag light on now that you took your seat out?
Old 08-17-18, 12:02 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

Here's a few more pics in the seat featuring my steering wheel. My airbag light does blink btw but it's not too big a deal to me.

Also thanks for the recommendations. Megans seem like the most tempting so far. I've looked at some serialnine ones and the FIGs but they are a little too pricey for me.
Old 08-17-18, 12:04 PM
Modawgz
Driver School Candidate

As everyone can see my favorite color is red
Old 08-20-18, 12:14 PM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Nice and thanks for the pics. I'm pretty tall so I could use the extra headroom if the seat is lower and bolstering is always a good thing
Old 08-20-18, 01:46 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Modawgz
I've also had a corbeau seat sitting in my room from my old miata and I woke up one morning really bored and decided to pickup some brackets and throw it into my gs. My driver's seat was pretty messed up anyways. The seat sits really low in the gs which is pretty cool and it's also really comfortable. I'm only keeping it in until I find a oem drivers side in good condition for me to put in. But still let me know what you guys think.
What seat rails did you end up picking up and using?

Quick Reply: Modawgz GS400 build series