Search this Thread

Old 02-20-19, 08:59 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Air conditioning relay thingy at supragorums Australia

I oweoyou yhat after that dreamy build!

More more more!!!

we h://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/topic/70659-aristo-2jzgte-supra-air-con-issues/
Old 03-01-19, 04:14 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
Good idea on the wrapping. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Planning on coming into the lower mainland over the summer? Would be cool to check it out in person.
Right back at you on checking out the progress on your car. I’ll be bringing the Aristo down to Van sometime this summer and will for sure let you know when something is more concrete date wise.
Old 03-01-19, 04:17 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Arussto
Yep. Those 1 thru 6 buttons on the climate control plugs to the deck that came with the climate which uses those buttons for presets! So proud to teach U something u didn't already know.. gotta go continue reading your build
Originally Posted by Arussto
I oweoyou yhat after that dreamy build!

More more more!!!

we h://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/topic/70659-aristo-2jzgte-supra-air-con-issues/
Thanks Aruusto for looking into this more and responding. I’ll have to take a look and see if the relay setup on the A/C is correct.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-19, 04:29 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Some more work completed on the car this week and a little teaser of the wrap.

Also shot of the electronic e-brake setup under the car. We just placed a button for engaging/disengaging where the heated seat buttons normally are as my car didn’t come with them.

Here's a little video of the e-brake engaging. By no means is this a quick process haha. More of a luxury of not cluttering up the interior with a handle of sorts.

The front sump baffle plate installed, will help prevent oil starvation.

Comparison of stock open diff with the new OS Giken Super Lock

These beautiful beefy axles just showed up today as well... 1400hp Drive Shaft Shop axles.

A tease of the wrap. The car is super white now. Will have a proper photo shoot coming this spring.

Still have to finish installing some side mouldings and waiting on the front bumper to finish getting wrapped.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 03-03-19 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added Video Link
Old 03-01-19, 05:06 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Glad the saga continues

Knowing you are still active, I will search see if I can find the air conditioning thing. In my recollection all was done was a relay near the ecu

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/569631-2jzgte-swapped-sc300-ac-problem-3.html

post 29 explains it. Ithe seems like some Toyota use a negative output for triggering compressor and others a positive. Since a relay needs both a position and a negative to trigger the coil you should be able to use a four pin relay powering the coil with the climate output and a neg if the climate out is plus and vice versa if climate out is negotiable. So as I understand it the relay is now closed when the climate control sends it's instruction to turn compressor on. We haven't put the comp wires in yet. Of course the voltage out of the climate control will dictate the voltage of the coil as there are conflicting reports of 12 v's 4.5
I'm sure u could check that with a volt meter.

so if you are with me we mow have a relay closing when the climate control says ON compressor!

so now it's a matter of splicing in the relay into the wire that goes to the compressor.

which is straightforward just to identify it. Wilbro 666 ecu pinout diagrams.

Assuming a plus 12 to energize comp. (Test to confirm)
I think anyone can go from there

Note I am offering my understanding from the reading I have done as I never had this problem as I have an Aristo.
there are other discussions around and I will send what I come across as I go. Tell me when to stop sending

https://www.supraforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-850498.html
Old 03-01-19, 07:20 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
A tease of the wrap. The car is super white now. Will have a proper photo shoot coming this spring.
Looks great so far. If you're in the lower mainland, I'd love to meet up and shoot your car
Old 03-12-19, 07:23 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
Looks great so far. If you're in the lower mainland, I'd love to meet up and shoot your car
For sure Will, would be great to meet up. Had an opportunity to bring the car down next week for the auto show but it’s a little rushed to finish up what we have left. So probably bring it down for another show like Driven, or the Japanese Classic. But I’ll be down that way sometime, even just visiting friends or family and let you know.

To update on progress itself we did a once over on the bushings on the car and replaced them. Will be nice to drive the car and feel the difference.

Removed the rear steering and Justin built a lockout bar. Installed and fitting nicely. Used some heavy wall tube and machined some caps for the ends. Using the stock rear steer tie rods still for the delete.

Then for the DSS axle install, didn’t think much of it when we ordered it but the auto Supra hubs are smaller outer diameter than the 2GS ones so we hit a snag there not being able to install the axles completely. Contacted DSS to see if they had any hubs for the car in stock that we could just swap. Otherwise it’s looking like we may have to machine out the spline on the stock hubs and press the new larger spline for the new axles in.

Found a part out going on and picked up the doors for the moulding I needed to finish buttoning up the wrap. A little carnage was had getting the trim off.

Only other news is we downsized the daily from a F-150 to this guy. Picked up a 6-Speed 2016 VW Golf R for the lady to drive around now.

Last edited by SlowSedan; 03-12-19 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added photog
The following users liked this post:
Arussto (05-03-19)
Old 03-27-19, 11:36 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

After getting the car wrapped I had to replace the door mouldings on all four doors. So I picked up four doors off a locally wrecked Aristo for a good deal and went about stripping them. Not a bad day to hang out a friends, strip the doors and enjoy a beverage.

Mouldings to be installed after removing them for wrapping the car.

The haul from stripping the doors.

Door shells ready to be trashed.
Old 04-09-19, 12:53 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Buttoned up some small things in prep for the year, Shawn installed a small windshield washer reservoir and inline pump #daily so now that is off the to do list.

Decided to rethink my braking setup and since the LS400 calipers are a fairly inexpensive BBK upgrade. I picked up a set along with some EBC rotors and redstuff brake pads. The one thing about going with this upgrade is I will now have to rebuild my wheels to fit the new calipers since the Equip 05s are an 'O Disk'. Going to have to install a bolt on 16mm spacer to clear them with the Equips. Means new lips and barrels for the wheels. Since I will be rebuilding the fronts I think I'm also going to rebuild the rears and make them 11" wide now instead of 10.5". This will delay the finished product, but the old wheels still fit so it won't delay getting the car on the road this year.

Picked up the calipers and continuing with the theme, blacked them out.

LS400 4-piston front caliper.

A sunny afternoon spent out in the yard with the dog and a few coats of paint.

To clear the new rotors and calipers a few modifications were needed.

For the calipers to fit I installed a set of SerialNine RCAs this allows the caliper to clear the infamous bolt.

For the rotors to clear a little bit of work is required on the dust shield if you're wanting to keep them. Here's a before and after. I ended up having to trim a little more after the photog for clearance.

Before

After, plus a little more

Installation is straight forward as the mounting locations are the same. A nice bonus is the slip in/pin brake pad setup on these calipers.

Mocked up.

Finished product, pads in and shimmed.

Last step was to fill and bleed the brakes. Overall a great upgrade to the GS/Aristo checks all the boxes with not a huge amount of time or money invested.

The same day my hubs from Drive Shaft Shop returned with the larger axle spline pressed in now. So the rear end can be back together this week and the car will be road worthy again which is good timing with all the road cleanup/street sweeping going on in the area.

Picked up the last of the moulding for the bumpers as well so can get them finished and have the exterior completed.

Gotta have that chrome all the way around. So hopefully next week I'll have the car on the road and look at finally getting the deck hooked up and cleaning up the trunk setup so it's practical as well.
The following users liked this post:
firelizard (05-01-19)
Old 04-09-19, 08:01 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Love the car and the brakes look good. Your car is super powerful so if you ever feel like you need more fade resistance, Suprastore makes a bracket that allows us to run ISF rotors with LS460 calipers. I have the bracket already, just waiting for the rotors and pads to come in. User 2gs300 installed them in his build thread.
Old 04-10-19, 08:08 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by tiger4life
Love the car and the brakes look good. Your car is super powerful so if you ever feel like you need more fade resistance, Suprastore makes a bracket that allows us to run ISF rotors with LS460 calipers. I have the bracket already, just waiting for the rotors and pads to come in. User 2gs300 installed them in his build thread.
Thanks. Yeah I was following that install as well. They look great and with the larger diameter rotor would be nice for stopping for sure. Will give these a go and see how I like them, if I want to upgrade later I will just try and sell this setup to my brother and go from there. Wonder what the clearance requirements are on the LS460 calipers as I will already need a spacer now for the LS400 brakes.
Old 04-30-19, 12:01 PM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What went into making the jzx vacuum booster work?
Old 05-01-19, 01:30 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Originally Posted by Flyinhawk
What went into making the jzx vacuum booster work?
The stock pedal throw in our cars with the electric assist is actually really short. So when we installed the jzx setup we had to modify the pedal assembly and brake master cylinder to get the appropriate throw and pedal location/feel with the JZX manual booster. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.
Old 05-01-19, 08:52 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks great buddy.. Aristo is going to look and feel brand new.. The new white wrap looks flawless

Last edited by tmf2004; 05-02-19 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-02-19, 03:45 AM
Alphaman19
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Turbo, manual tranny, 1k horsepower yes yea.
What I wanna know is... where’d you get the bumper mounding and what did it cost ya? - lol

Gotta new paint job but my mouldings are ashy/beat up.

Quick Reply: SlowSedan’s 2000 Aristo V300 Build