Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 01:46 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Thanks man! Everything I've done so far has taken to the car well and I have no complaints. Hopefully hit a few more track days this summer and see how she holds up.
Old 03-21-18, 06:52 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

My KAAZ 2-way LSD unit showed up in the mail today

I'll be dropping the diff myself and letting a local gear/axle shop install the actual unit. Break-in procedure is pretty silly, but looking forward to getting this thing in and tested. Once that's done, I've got slotted rotors, ebc pads, ss lines, and motul brake fluid to swap out before the next track day.
The following users liked this post:
scsexy (05-26-21)
Old 03-25-18, 04:15 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC

My KAAZ 2-way LSD unit showed up in the mail today

I'll be dropping the diff myself and letting a local gear/axle shop install the actual unit. Break-in procedure is pretty silly, but looking forward to getting this thing in and tested. Once that's done, I've got slotted rotors, ebc pads, ss lines, and motul brake fluid to swap out before the next track day.
I will predict you will be disappointed with the EBC pads for the track, that is if you chose the Yellows. I tried them one time for a track weekend, they fade really fast. In fact, no confidence in them when you take the car in deep. But, maybe you will have a different experience. Give me a shout if you have a similar result.
Old 03-26-18, 08:44 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

After the first track day I have pretty little confidence taking this thing in deep as it is. I did go yellow and am sad to hear that. However, I'll order up a back up set of something else. Have any recommendations?

God the diff dropped off today at the local gear shop for the KAAZ install. I'll write up my thoughts on that after the ridiculous break in procedure takes place lol.
Old 03-27-18, 08:50 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
After the first track day I have pretty little confidence taking this thing in deep as it is. I did go yellow and am sad to hear that. However, I'll order up a back up set of something else. Have any recommendations?

God the diff dropped off today at the local gear shop for the KAAZ install. I'll write up my thoughts on that after the ridiculous break in procedure takes place lol.
CarboTech XP10's stop well and don't fade but wear was a little bit of an issue. I have a set of RP2's that I haven't tried yet. PM me, several more choices when you get ready.
Old 03-27-18, 10:53 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXRodger
CarboTech XP10's stop well and don't fade but wear was a little bit of an issue. I have a set of RP2's that I haven't tried yet. PM me, several more choices when you get ready.
Rodger that - I appreciate the help man! Once I get the diff back in the car and everything else installed I have a feeling I'll be one happy camper.
Old 04-12-18, 01:17 PM
Danro1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks goooood!! Did you have to do any fender mods? Your stance is perfect....daily driveable but so sporty looking
RudysSC (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 06:37 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I appreciate it my man! Only fender mods are a light roll, and I just threw on 5mm spacers all the way around too.
Old 04-16-18, 07:09 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

The Kaaz unit is installed, and I threw the differential back in the car last night. This coupled with the new clutch/flywheel should make for a much more pleasureable driving experience overall (plus the hoodrat activities and such).

I'm going to take it out tonight to perform the "break in procedure" aka driving in a figure 8 for THIRTY MINUTES (barf lol). I'll post my thoughts up on it after its broken in and I get a few miles on it.
Old 04-17-18, 05:58 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Besides getting a little nauseous, the break in procedure went well and this Kaaz 2-way LSD is absolutely killer so far. They say to do another drain and re-fill after break in so I'll put a few more miles on it and swap fluid again. It feels awfully nice to be able to rip a quick donut when one's heart desires!
Old 05-09-18, 05:55 PM
Kyleg250z
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Props on the LSD, let us know how it works out on the track. What made you choose KAAZ over the other options like Tomei? Also, +1 for carbotech pads, I have them on my track car, and they never fade.
Old 05-10-18, 10:01 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Clean looking car man, very nice! That KAAZ LSD is fantastic...have you had to replace the fluid a few times during break-in?
Old 05-10-18, 11:54 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Thank you fellas! I love the KAAZ unit so far. Since it operates similar to the Tomei, it came down to the price I could get it for. I have a friend who order KAAZ direct and was able to save me a substantial amount of money on acquiring it. As for fluid changes, I put fresh KAAZ fluid in before break in, and then did another drain and refill after (again using KAAZ's fluid). I'll wait a few thousand miles to change it again, however, after I run out of my KAAZ stock I'll be going to a cheaper dyno-oil (synthetics are not recommended according to KAAZ) and add something like the Ford friction modifier rather than spending $60 each time I do a drain and refill.

I did go ahead and swap to drilled/slotted rotors w/carbotech pads and I am very pleased! I'm yet to get back onto the track, I've mostly just been driving to work and back with the exception of a few donuts here and there. Overall, I'm ecstatic with both!
Old 05-10-18, 11:58 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I made fun of my GF for the last year about her vanity plate - and now here I am.
Old 05-10-18, 07:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

very clean car
RudysSC (05-11-18)

Quick Reply: Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior