Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The Dirt Squirrel's Lady - My '93 SC400 Refurb/Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-17, 05:47 AM
aletz12485
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics are updated.

Couple of outstanding items to post. I sent my cluster to Tanin so they should be working on the needles/mph/tach/etc and hopefully i have it back soon. My "new" tires had a blowout on Saturday, so Im having some Yokohamas put on today.

Blowout pic

Some older pics of the upgrades. Here you can see the difference between the 94-96 tails and the 93 tails. I upgraded all the bulbs to LEDs as well. You can also see the new tips from the muffler delete i did. 3.5" diameter. Looks and sounds great. Not too loud at all.

Also a pic of the maintenance stuff. New NGK plugs, wires, cap/rotor, etc. Runs great now. After i quit hemorrhaging money into this thing, Ill do the BFI mod and update the suspension.

Picked up the Prothane steering rack bushing kit. Hopefully that will stop the wandering all over the road. Also snagged some 1997 Supra TT sway bars off of craigslist. They should help with the bad body roll on this thing. Ill just install the front for now, then source some supra mounts for the rear.
Old 07-13-17, 07:57 AM
aletz12485
Rookie

New tires are installed. Went with a set of Yokohama Advan Sport A/S. 50k tread warranty should work out. I hate ****ty tires so i always buy near the top in regards to quality, regardless of price. These were almost $900 out the door for a set of 255/35/19s.

Still waiting on my cluster to come back from Tanin, but couldnt resist and took it for a spin around the block. Most (not all) of the wandering is gone from the front. I guess those old tires were really junk after all. I hope that the new swaybar and steering rack bushings will tighten things up even more. I dont have the budget for new struts and/or LCAs.

Side note: Can everyone see the pics? Ive been having issues on other forums.
Old 07-17-17, 05:22 AM
aletz12485
Rookie

Lots of work/upgrades done on Saturday. Installed a new set of Prothane steering rack bushings. Not the easiest thing to do, but i managed to get er done without having to drop the rack all the way down. Steering feels much better now.

While i had the car in the air, i installed my 2nd hand Supra TT front sway bar. This was a direct bolt in swap with zero modifications needed. I reused the SC end links. Body roll is less noticeable up front but now i need to find the thicker TT sway bar for the rear.

Bought a 3M headlight restoration kit on Amazon and went to town on the headlights. It really shined them up well. Also installed new 5500k HIDs from DDM tuning in the housings and some LED parking lights. Really modernized the front end and the light output is great. Went with a warmer HID as i didnt want it to be too blue. It turned out great.

My Tanin repaired cluster should be back today or tomorrow. Once i get that back in, the plan is to just enjoy the car to let the upgrade budget build back up.