Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Joes half bought/to build sc400

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-18, 10:59 AM
JoeBlob
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my G35 wheels on. Was waiting on my 60.1x66.1 hub centric rings

60.1x66.1 hub centric rings. Went with aluminum. Cost under $10. Had heard of lug studs breaking when people didnt use rings, and of plastic ones melting during \"spirited" driving which i do a lot.. We have some great mountain roads here in SW WA

Anti seize.. Gotta have it for putting an aluminum ring on a steel hub.. at least if you want the ring to come off easily

Nice secure fit on the hub and inside the wheel.. Didnt clean it up much since the brakes will be swapped for the LS400 BBK before to long

So much room for BBK activities!

Handy tool i picked up recently.. 1/2\" & 3/8" breaker and speeder bar.. Super handy for wheels

I love these wheels.. The thinner 7 spoke vs the fatter 5 spoke, and the nice thin lip vs the big rolled lip on the old ones just fits the car better in my opinion anyway. Still need cleaning up and paint when i have a day to deal with it but they hold air so theyre a step up

have been doing some thinking as far as the future build plan of this car goes and i think i have settled on supercharging it. I love turbos dont get me wrong. But clearance is already so tight under the hood. And nitrous is by far the easiest but it doesnt make sense to me to spend as much on a nitrous kit as i would on a used S/C and fabbing up a lower intake manifold, then have to pay $$$ every time i refill the bottle.. Plus a S/C on a SC just sounds right and supercharger whine is awesome. Wont be soon either way. I am about to dump more $ into my dirtbike prepping for the Desert 100 in April.
But i have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on an M90 locally. Ideally an M112 off ebay but will see what i can get. Just missed a sweet deal on a complete Pontiac Bonneville SSEI with a M90 and 2 engines and a bad trans for $250. Could have made a profit and ended up with a supercharger.. Damn bills ruining my fun 😏

Last edited by JoeBlob; 11-29-18 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-03-18, 01:35 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Well. Just finally took the time to look up when i had my hood open and realized i have a Cali emissions car. So i have 3 cats to remove instead of 2. Ordering all the flange gaskets today so i can take them out, saw off the flanges and weld them onto straight pipes to put in their place. Im emissions except here in SW WA since its a 93 and 25 years old 😎

Going to delete the EGR, slowly working in the direction of putting a s/c on itll have to go eventually anyway. Need to grab a piece of 12ga sheet steel for blockoff plates and a resistor.

so I know there's a good few people running low boost with the stock fuel pump would it be worth it to get a walbro 190 or 255 just cuz or is the stock system going to hold out just fine

Last edited by JoeBlob; 12-03-18 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-14-18, 05:16 PM
Sony1492
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
Well. Just finally took the time to look up when i had my hood open and realized i have a Cali emissions car. So i have 3 cats to remove instead of 2. Ordering all the flange gaskets today so i can take them out, saw off the flanges and weld them onto straight pipes to put in their place. Im emissions except here in SW WA since its a 93 and 25 years old 😎

Going to delete the EGR, slowly working in the direction of putting a s/c on itll have to go eventually anyway. Need to grab a piece of 12ga sheet steel for blockoff plates and a resistor.

so I know there's a good few people running low boost with the stock fuel pump would it be worth it to get a walbro 190 or 255 just cuz or is the stock system going to hold out just fine
Stock fuel pump will work for 8 psi-ish but you'll need a fuel pressure regulator at the least. I would bypass the fuel pump controller and hotwire it to be running 100% at all rpm(theres a thread somewhere) and use a walbro 255 since they are only $70 for a little less hassle down the road.(knowing that your fuel pump can handle the stress rather than hoping)
Old 01-24-19, 07:56 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Before i get ahead of myself with boost and all that fun stuff the stuff that keeps the car on the road needs attention...
so for that i found a deal on a used set of Tein Comfort Sport (CS) coilovers from a partout a couple hours away i just cant pass up. Going up next Thursday for those. They have the edfc motors and all but no controller so that will be on my list to pick up too.

while i am changing my blown and leaky struts out for the coils im replacing the end links, my rear brake pads, my brake light bulbs, cornering light bulbs (why those are so hard to get to i dont understand)
And for some god unknown reason someone in the past replaced my driver side headlight bulb socket with a high beam one.. Just driver side. So i have 3 high bulbs and 1 low and it is wired in pretty sketchy so i have to find one of those sockets at picknpull which i can conveniently walk to as it is visible from my front door

Edit corrected from tein SS to CS coilovers*

Last edited by JoeBlob; 01-26-19 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-01-19, 10:00 AM
JoeBlob
Driver

Got it all home now 😎
was a long day dragging the kids a couple hours each way but i got what i needed.
Anodizing isnt pristine but no oil is leaking and they look good otherwise. Either way the original retail on em was more than i paid for my car 😂

Coils, EDFC motors, harness and the wire harness and bracket for the controller plus new in box wrenches

Looks like theyre supra spec. Not sure if theyre any different than SC but theyll work anyway

Not beautiful but its functional so i can gut it for my door and fix all the broken components in mine. If anyone in the PNW wants the door shell when i finish gutting it let me know. It would be a shame to scrap an otherwise straight door shell if someone could use it

Last edited by JoeBlob; 02-01-19 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-17-19, 03:37 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Got my Tein Cruising Master coilovers on today.. Holy crap what a difference (still had the oem toyota 1/4million mile struts)

Coilover time!!

New end links. Got greasable fronts

So dang pretty in there! Have it set at the same ride height it was at until i hear back tomorrow if my old 17" could hold air since i cleaned out the flaking chrome.

going to lower it but how much depends on which wheels/tires i use.
also finally isolated my clunk. Rear bushing of driver front lca is toast. Gonna order some prothane front upper and lower bushings and get a new bottle of propane for my torch 🔥

Last edited by JoeBlob; 02-17-19 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 02:59 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Got that wheel to seal so my old 235/45r17 set are back on. Lowered the spring seats front and rear so i am sitting right about 26.5" on all 4 corners from ground to fender up the wheel centerline. Honestly have no idea what it is stock just know where i am now.
as long as i have no issues here i will probably lower it a bit more 1/2-1" at a time until i feel its just right.
need better pic but this was once the wheels were on

Last edited by JoeBlob; 02-18-19 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-19-19, 07:19 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Off to a great start man! Good score on the coilovers.
Old 02-19-19, 04:08 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Off to a great start man! Good score on the coilovers.
thanks! Got em for $300 and a road trip to the Tacoma area. so it was cheaper than getting a set of new kyb gr2 struts and top mounts. No brainer!

Needs a lot but it'll be a fun slow process. Keep seeing cheap wet nitrous kits nearby, it's getting tempting but i still want to supercharge it. Nitrous is just so dang easy for 150hp. But i want an external trans cooler before i go nuts, and the suspension still needs bushings.

Couple quick phone pics of ride height... On a cloudy WA day... with my filthy car and clean wheels 😂

Starting to look slightly less lofty. Bumper still barely cleared the curb at work. Gotta fix that while i was installing the coils i noticed my fenders have been rolled already which is handy

That fender paint damage 😐 i hate that more than the dent in the other fender, which i find funny with the bandaid

These are a 235/45R17 on 17x9 et26 wheels. It originally had 245/45 all around which was same diameter as stock. Thinking ill go back to 245/45 up front and see how much clearance i have for a 255 or 265 on the rear once i find a good ride height. Really like these federal ss595 tires. They have an impressive amount of grip for a cheap tire i understeered bad and consistently with the yokohama front tires were on the 18s when i went to start a drift when its even a little bit wet out.

Last edited by JoeBlob; 02-19-19 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-25-19, 01:26 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Nothing real exciting just some new shoes
went with the same tire a Federal SS595 in 245/45-R17 all around. Up from 235/45 Ends up same diameter as stock. They were cheap paid 560something at les schwab and i have had great experience with em.

Prothane front uca and lca bushings will be here end of this week and i have an alignment scheduled next thursday. Chippin away at the piled up maintenance needs on this 26 year old beast.

Ahh fresh rubber only been to 100 once 😂 \"for research and balance verification purposes only"

Looks like i could even add a spacer in the back theyre tucked just a bit. Or a bit more tire next time around.

Gettin that gap narrowed down though. May lower it just a bit more before alignment time

But man i am sitting so perfect for parking curb clearance. Any lower and im gonna have to re-train myself to park farther back 😂

Last edited by JoeBlob; 02-25-19 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-20-19, 09:37 PM
JoeBlob
Driver

Finally gonna get back after it and get these bushings installed up front tomorrow

Once they're in if i have time I'm gonna see about dropping the car lower on the coils and see if I can go lower and still not rub 😎 about 1" left to go lower