Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Neakers IS250 F-Sport Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 06:35 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, I just found your thread. Amazing work on the wrap. Wish I had big enough ***** to do it myself.

Just curious.. what your wheel setup is on now. Is it still...

"Vorsteiner Carbon Graphite Wheels & Yokohama S. Drive Tires 19x8.5 +35 235/35/19 front 19x9.5 +40 265/30/19 rear"

Are you lowered at all in these pics? I'm looking into getting 19s as well. But not sure if I wanna do suspension work yet.

Last edited by nathantse; 05-18-17 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-19-17, 08:21 AM
Neakers
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Wow, I just found your thread. Amazing work on the wrap. Wish I had big enough ***** to do it myself.

Just curious.. what your wheel setup is on now. Is it still...

"Vorsteiner Carbon Graphite Wheels & Yokohama S. Drive Tires 19x8.5 +35 235/35/19 front 19x9.5 +40 265/30/19 rear"

Are you lowered at all in these pics? I'm looking into getting 19s as well. But not sure if I wanna do suspension work yet.

Thanks! Correct, that is my wheel setup. My car isn't lowered. I plan on lowering it in the future with half downs (which I know from another user's thread with the same wheel setup) does not rub. Just have to wait until I move because my driveway is really steep, and my front end scrapes as it is now stock. MasonGrey has the same wheel/tire setup as me, not sure if his is lowered or not, but appears to be.

You should check out the wheel thread, there's a lot of helpful info:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tart-here.html
Old 05-19-17, 02:54 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Neakers
Thanks! Correct, that is my wheel setup. My car isn't lowered. I plan on lowering it in the future with half downs (which I know from another user's thread with the same wheel setup) does not rub. Just have to wait until I move because my driveway is really steep, and my front end scrapes as it is now stock. MasonGrey has the same wheel/tire setup as me, not sure if his is lowered or not, but appears to be.

You should check out the wheel thread, there's a lot of helpful info:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tart-here.html
Sounds good, I'm thinking about getting wheels with your specs. I'm not lowered either. But after new set of wheels, I'll go with coils.

Hows the ride quality with your current setup? Did you do an alignment? And did the 19s effect mpg/tach readings?
Old 05-20-17, 06:06 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

Awesome job. I like leaving the area between the headlights and LED's a different color. I'd lean towards CF. Maybe even put CF on the bottom of the bumper by the air inlet. I don't think I'd leave it that glossy black. Is this your 1st time ever wrapping something?
Old 06-11-17, 03:52 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

what's the latest?
Old 06-25-17, 05:34 PM
friday9x
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really liking the increase of wheel size!
The following users liked this post:
Neakers (06-27-17)
Old 06-27-17, 01:44 PM
Neakers
Rookie

Originally Posted by evltwn
Awesome job. I like leaving the area between the headlights and LED's a different color. I'd lean towards CF. Maybe even put CF on the bottom of the bumper by the air inlet. I don't think I'd leave it that glossy black. Is this your 1st time ever wrapping something?
Thanks!

I have a CF lip spoiler that will be going on the front, don't want a CF overload. I think I've decided on doing the entire front white, vs. leaving the space in between the DRL and the headlights black. I guess we'll see how it goes when I wrap the front bumper next weekend.

Last edited by Neakers; 06-27-17 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 01:45 PM
Neakers
Rookie

Originally Posted by gbgary
what's the latest?
No updates since last I posted. My mom passed suddenly on 5/20, and I haven't felt up to doing any further work. Plan on finishing the wrap (front bumper) next weekend, and time permitting, the brakes.
Old 06-27-17, 01:47 PM
Neakers
Rookie

Originally Posted by nathantse
Sounds good, I'm thinking about getting wheels with your specs. I'm not lowered either. But after new set of wheels, I'll go with coils.

Hows the ride quality with your current setup? Did you do an alignment? And did the 19s effect mpg/tach readings?
Ride quality isn't much worse than it was. Not sure if they affect the mph....don't know how to determine that. Haven't done an alignment, but I need to, the car is pulling to the right a bit. Wanted to wait until after I replaced my brakes to do so. Guy at the shop said that the machine that "locks" onto the wheels for the alignment might damage my wheels, so that's awesome.
Old 06-27-17, 01:52 PM
Neakers
Rookie

Bought a black "elctroplated" OEM rear symbol off ebay. The seller says he's never seen anything like what happened to mine, and suggests I take it off and paint it. Promptly received a refund. Crappy thing is, I can't remove it, without damaging the wrap....so I guess I'm stuck with a rainbow emblem.

Old 06-27-17, 02:19 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

No updates since last I posted. My mom passed suddenly on 5/20, and I haven't felt up to doing any further work. Plan on finishing the wrap (front bumper) next weekend, and time permitting, the brakes.
Sorry for you loss. Wish you all the best during these hard times.
Old 06-27-17, 03:55 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mom Neakers. Condolences from the CL clan.

As for your emblem, I suggest PlastiDip. You can peel the excess of the wrap and CF emblem insert.
It will be a matte black, not glossy.

As for the vehicle speed confirmation...take a GPS with you (i.e. Garmin, TomTom, etc.) and when at a steady vehicle speed, see what the GPS is reading...there would be you're speed difference...if any.
Old 06-28-17, 10:52 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

condolences to you and yours.
Old 09-14-17, 11:17 AM
VibeMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
Went out an did a photoshoot this evening to show you how it will come out. My camera isn't the best, but I love it!

Came out amazing..
Old 10-18-17, 07:33 AM
Neakers
Rookie

Finally finished wrapping her (6 months later)!! Having the carbon front lip spoiler installed this weekend, and the brakes done on Monday. Will post more pics when it's completely finished.

Quick Reply: Neakers IS250 F-Sport Build