Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Sikky ISF Project Introduction Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-17, 05:36 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

interested to see what comes up of it. Sorry I had a hard time paying attention though all I could notice was those chewed up door panels.
Old 04-10-17, 06:36 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Is it me or does he seem clueless that engine managment is the biggest problem driving this motor beyond a big shot of nitrous? Standalone or current flash options. Either option just came out and was a ***** to develop, let alone the 10k RR SC kit. Turbo will certainly make more power but cost much more. Unless you guys are finacially loaded to develop said parts and take a huge upfront loss, I dont see it.
Strap the best nirous kit money can buy and have fun, but no money to be made trying to reinvent the wheel here.

Good luck.

~Dv8
We've been refining and testing our tuning ability over the years on these cars to support these kinds of applications. As far as R&D goes this is pretty standard when releasing any components, even with our swap kits we take a huge upfront loss with buying a car and then spending weeks developing mounts, cross members, specific shifter components, time test fitting, and etc.
Old 04-10-17, 06:36 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Biggu
interested to see what comes up of it. Sorry I had a hard time paying attention though all I could notice was those chewed up door panels.
We bought new door panels for it, previous owner had a dog. They were driving us nuts as well.
Old 04-10-17, 10:22 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
We've been refining and testing our tuning ability over the years on these cars to support these kinds of applications. As far as R&D goes this is pretty standard when releasing any components, even with our swap kits we take a huge upfront loss with buying a car and then spending weeks developing mounts, cross members, specific shifter components, time test fitting, and etc.
I dont doubt for a second that Sikky fabrication skills are second to none but, can you address how you plan on driving the fuel system(s) of the 2UR to a 9 sec time slip? You will need to trap the car in the high 130's+ minimum, or some how manage a non street friendly 60ft. Im thinking at minimum 17psi from turbos. RR's flash solution or a standalone? Im all for you doing this, but im poking at your youtube plan video because you intentially/unintentially invited me to.

~Dv8
Old 04-10-17, 10:48 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Well for starters, there's likely a **** ton of time that could be shaved from the ET if we had a way to actually launch the car thus utilizing a slick. Right now punching it at the green on DR's isn't going to cut it.
Old 04-10-17, 01:21 PM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

Personally I haven't gotten to run one of these fuel systems until they run out of steam, so we'll tackle that problem when we get there. There's not much available for the direct injection side so it will heavily rely on the port injection to get the fuel flow we need. Ideally with a car of this size we'll need something in the range of 700hp ish to achieve our goal. The 60 foot times will likely be in the 1.4x's with a car like this, street friendly is a relative term which depends on what you consider "street". We have all the software in house to do our own tuning, we would prefer not use a standalone on a project like this as it does no good for our customers. We prefer to come up with solutions that will be a viable options for our customers to use as well. Everything we R&D along the way will become a product that is available for sale for the general public to buy.
Old 04-10-17, 04:27 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I haven't gotten to run one of these fuel systems until they run out of steam, so we'll tackle that problem when we get there. There's not much available for the direct injection side so it will heavily rely on the port injection to get the fuel flow we need. Ideally with a car of this size we'll need something in the range of 700hp ish to achieve our goal. The 60 foot times will likely be in the 1.4x's with a car like this, street friendly is a relative term which depends on what you consider "street". We have all the software in house to do our own tuning, we would prefer not use a standalone on a project like this as it does no good for our customers. We prefer to come up with solutions that will be a viable options for our customers to use as well. Everything we R&D along the way will become a product that is available for sale for the general public to buy.

Good luck.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...nstall-10.html

~Dv8
Old 04-11-17, 09:46 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Super excited! I love Sikkys persistence! Every time someone says you "can't" do something, that should be more"fuel" for motivation!

V.
Old 04-12-17, 04:24 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hope you guys consider developing a turbo kit that would be a game changer. I know you guys are shooting for 9's but you know how it work you will always want more and will be shooting for 8s..... I turbo kit will give you tons of options to grow.

GL
Old 04-17-17, 08:09 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I saw the video of the 1/4 mile time going from 12.966 stock to 12.77 after the Sikky intake tube. Can you explain how the Sikky intake dropped .2 after the install?
Old 04-17-17, 08:16 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

What was the 60', the DA, tires used, launch modes used, KCLV, between runs, etc?

Theres a dozen variables that could alter your ET .2.
Old 04-17-17, 10:43 AM
SikkyMFG
Former Sponsor

DA 732
Time slips below -

Tires used - Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 ... which were the same since it was the same day.
It was in sport mode the entire time with traction control off (pedal dance).

We didn't bring our logging equipment as we were racing a stock car with an intake. When we get into tuning this car I will post up all of that data.

We're looking to go run the car with our headers installed this week. We'll be doing a video for that as well, however sadly we can't do that install track side so we needed to test the car stock first. We also just finished up a how to video for the install to help our DIY customers through the process. We're looking to continue our video series on these cars and develop and test products as we go.
Old 04-19-17, 09:25 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

A single turbo....turbo kit would be awesome. Make the IS-F into the new supra.... haha
Old 04-19-17, 05:14 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Or twins...

Old 04-20-17, 01:32 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

^ Single Turbo always better than the Twins imo