Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-17, 07:33 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
That looks good . What turbo size again ? what intake will you go into ?
it's S366. The intake is made by Brett over at Zerofab. Very clean setup. The runners are equal runners and he says that they see awesome results on these compared to the Greddy knockoffs. He said his buddy made 7hp more on 8lbs less of boost on a RB motor. Which is pretty amazing
take a look.
mine will be powdered black as well as the fuel rail and throttle body. Kind of like this one.

Old 04-17-17, 08:22 PM
davvv
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those pictures you posted of the new intake manifold you got. Did they tell you they are making it? If so its a lie. These are all made in china. Theres multiple companys claiming they make this intake. I have one for the 2jzge and definetly straight from china. But I will say they are the best quality piece I have gotten from china.
Make sure they actually powdercoat it all black. They told me they will and only sent the fuel rail in black, but they gave me a discount. On my car which is a 92 sc300 I had to relocate fuse box. The tps would not clear. I'm not done with it yet but theres enough slack to move it closer to the headlight and fit the intercooler pipe behind it going down.
Besides that it bolted on nice fit nice. I recommend you extend your injector wires so you could have your harness underneath it looks much cleaner. Also you might have to get creative for the PS pump feed fitting. I havnt put a hose on mine yet but it looks like its gonna be a tight fit. Anyway just wanted to let you know whats coming! Ill try to snap a pic tommorow. Goodluck!

EDIT: CAMRY THROTTLE CABLE WILL NOT WORK!
Old 04-20-17, 08:31 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by davvv
Those pictures you posted of the new intake manifold you got. Did they tell you they are making it? If so its a lie. These are all made in china. Theres multiple companys claiming they make this intake. I have one for the 2jzge and definetly straight from china. But I will say they are the best quality piece I have gotten from china.
Make sure they actually powdercoat it all black. They told me they will and only sent the fuel rail in black, but they gave me a discount. On my car which is a 92 sc300 I had to relocate fuse box. The tps would not clear. I'm not done with it yet but theres enough slack to move it closer to the headlight and fit the intercooler pipe behind it going down.
Besides that it bolted on nice fit nice. I recommend you extend your injector wires so you could have your harness underneath it looks much cleaner. Also you might have to get creative for the PS pump feed fitting. I havnt put a hose on mine yet but it looks like its gonna be a tight fit. Anyway just wanted to let you know whats coming! Ill try to snap a pic tommorow. Goodluck!

EDIT: CAMRY THROTTLE CABLE WILL NOT WORK!
no he told me they didn't make them. They look really nice and he said I don't like the quality I can send it back. I appreciate the heads up. I'll have to look at that fitting stuff you mentioned when I get home in a week. 🙏
Old 05-09-17, 01:28 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

After about 3 weeks I finally found a few hours to get in the shop and do a few things to the engine. Got the oil cooler pipe on/ oil filter housing/ new 160A alternator installed. Painted up an old power steering pump Gerrb sent me and got the pump reservoir and plug/ coil cover ready to be hydro dipped.

Old 05-09-17, 01:29 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Now I need to look for a good place to put my AEM oil pressure sensor.
Old 05-09-17, 02:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

get this from Ebay ... "1/8 BSPT NPT Oil Fitting Pressure Tee T Adaptor Toyota Lexus Turbo Autometer"
Old 05-09-17, 05:47 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

get this from Ebay ... "1/8 BSPT NPT Oil Fitting Pressure Tee T Adaptor Toyota Lexus Turbo Autometer"
Heck yea.. what would I do without you
Old 05-12-17, 03:11 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So, I recently had a problem in which my door/ignition bell would keep chiming even when the keys were out and the door was closed. I am also experiencing the AC/Radio light being on when the headlights are off and vice versa. I researched and researched and looked at wiring diagrams and everything I seen led to the fuse box down by the foot pedals. When I looked at it I knew it would be a pain and it didn't look like it'd ever been messed with so I knew it wasn't a wiring issue. I finally decided to call my Einstein Gerry. Unfortunately he also said that it leads back to the same fuse box, but only to be behind it!!🤦*♂️ There is a main relay behind it and would need to be changed. He sent me a spare he had and after about two brutal hours of working in the most uncomfortable position possible I got it installed. It fixed the door chime problem. Here's the relay I was talking about.
These things are the devil

However the light issue with the radio and ac panel is still there. Any idea of what it could be?
Old 05-12-17, 03:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

The only thing I see that affects the radio and hvac display lights when you turn on and off your head lights will be the rotary / dimmer switch on the left front side of the cluster . Make sure it is not all the way down (turned counter clockwised) . If you turn that **** and no changes in your cluster / hvac / radio lights then more likely the rheostat or dimmer relay.

Check page 6 of the diagrams I sent you !

Last edited by gerrb; 05-12-17 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-12-17, 06:14 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

The only thing I see that affects the radio and hvac display lights when you turn on and off your head lights will be the rotary / dimmer switch on the left front side of the cluster . Make sure it is not all the way down (turned counter clockwised) . If you turn that **** and no changes in your cluster / hvac / radio lights then more likely the rheostat or dimmer relay.

Check page 6 of the diagrams I sent you !
as Gerrb said it hard to be the rheostat... little did we know that the fricken thing would be unplugged!!
Previous owner must have been in here...
And Gerrb said let there be light!!
Old 05-16-17, 07:34 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Picked up a really nice Koyorad 3core Radiator for a heck of a deal!!! Really clean. Can't wait to put her in!

Since I will not be running an external oil cooler at first I wanted to get a really efficient Radiator and Koyorad makes some good ones..
Old 05-16-17, 08:15 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Went ahead and made that big purchase...got with Joel Grannas and got a T56 Magnum swap kit/driveshaft/Twin Disc Clutch...should be here Friday...can't wait.
Old 05-17-17, 01:20 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I am super Pissed 😡.. I bought some Mothers wheel cleaner today and sprayed it on my wheels to break up the brake dust. I literally had it on there for like a minute. Washed it off and this crap happens!!!

Ive tried Mothers rubbing compound/clay bar/everything....nothing has helped . What the heck do I do now??!!😩😩

This was it before...
Old 05-17-17, 07:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

I noticed that some chrome polish I had started taking it off with some serious rubbing so I went to Autozone and bought some Mothers aluminum polish and one of those polishing ***** and gave it a whirl. After about 45mins the results are surprising..there is still some polishing to do but this give a good example so far
Before
After

so if you have forged/billet alluminum wheels and are a dumb a$$ like me and make this mistake you know what to do.🤦*♂️
By the way the polishing ball didn't hold up to well hopefully autozone will exchange it for me...it literally just came off the plastic rod..
Old 05-17-17, 07:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Quick Reply: White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister