Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-17, 12:57 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Winter mode progress:

Care to advise on the model and part numbers of the roof rack and roof cargo box? Thanks!
Old 11-28-17, 08:19 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
what kind of camber are you running in the rear with the camber arms? no rubbing with the spacers?
I've removed the spacers for the winter as I also raised the car I felt like they were unnecessary.

I was running basically no camber in the rear, the shop said there was a small amount of natural camber but all the alignments numbers were with-in spec of Lexus recommendations.

The spacers in the rear were 20mm and I cut them to 18mm to reduce some rubbing. However I continued to rub on bumps and dips due to the extremely large sidewall of the stock tires. Had I installed the continental's on the rear wheels I think there would have been no rubbing at all.

I hope this information helps. I ordered Velgen's yesterday so this spring i'll be rocking a completely new stance. No spacers required
The following users liked this post:
jkonquer (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 08:20 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zhifan1
Care to advise on the model and part numbers of the roof rack and roof cargo box? Thanks!

Here's the details on the yakima roof rack and bars, the box is a Thule Motion XT Alpine in special edition white
zhifan1 (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 02:45 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
I've removed the spacers for the winter as I also raised the car I felt like they were unnecessary.

I was running basically no camber in the rear, the shop said there was a small amount of natural camber but all the alignments numbers were with-in spec of Lexus recommendations.

The spacers in the rear were 20mm and I cut them to 18mm to reduce some rubbing. However I continued to rub on bumps and dips due to the extremely large sidewall of the stock tires. Had I installed the continental's on the rear wheels I think there would have been no rubbing at all.

I hope this information helps. I ordered Velgen's yesterday so this spring i'll be rocking a completely new stance. No spacers required
thanks for the info.

im trying to get a camber arm to reduce the camber in the rear. Factory specs are set at around -1.5 and most lowering kits increases it to -2.5 or more which is not ideal for tire life or performance. I’m wondering if i can go under -1.0 without rubbing with or without spacers.
Old 11-28-17, 06:33 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jkonquer
thanks for the info.

im trying to get a camber arm to reduce the camber in the rear. Factory specs are set at around -1.5 and most lowering kits increases it to -2.5 or more which is not ideal for tire life or performance. I’m wondering if i can go under -1.0 without rubbing with or without spacers.

If you get the arms, you can definitely get back with-in spec. The wear on my rear tires was no worse than stock. I had to replace the fronts not the rears. Next year i'll be on 19's and probably running a small amount of camber to fit nicely.
jkonquer (11-28-17)
Old 11-29-17, 11:40 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Best interior!!!
Old 11-30-17, 04:24 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
Best interior!!!
Thanks! I've gotta get the clock dipped in the next few months so everything is complete in the spring. I'm glad you like it. I've been extremely lazy with removing the radio unit just to get the clock housing out.
Old 12-05-17, 09:28 AM
NIAautoDesign
Former Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts

looks great! cant wait to see whats next for this build!
Old 12-11-17, 05:54 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

and here's the reason why I made so many drastic changes for winter mode. Got hit with a storm while we were in Vermont this weekend. The new tires made sure I had a ton of confidence on the snow and icey roads. The rack is proving to be a great purchase also making it easy to pack the car and bring our snowboards.

Even got a compliment at the mountain that the Thule box looks like it came from Lexus painted and shaped to match the car. Happy with the current set up and slowly stock piling items for this spring to turn the car back into the beautiful butterfly she wants to be.

also here's a little tease of things to come

Old 12-11-17, 08:45 AM
Miamiboy87
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice build! For your license plate in the front, did you just pushed in the bumper covers at a corner where the towing screw is or did you have to pry it out with a screwdriver?
Old 12-11-17, 09:00 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Miamiboy87
Nice build! For your license plate in the front, did you just pushed in the bumper covers at a corner where the towing screw is or did you have to pry it out with a screwdriver?
I actually removed my bumper for some work and pushed it out from the rear. I haven't looked in there in a few months but you may be able to push it from the back under the hood. Just removed the plastic guard covering the radiator and you can probably reach.

If not a small screw driver and some fabric like an old tshirt will mean you can get it out without any damage.
Old 01-30-18, 11:53 AM
Fingers007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SAGA Carbon Fiber

From where did you order the SAGA Carbon Fiber parts?
Old 01-31-18, 05:00 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fingers007
From where did you order the SAGA Carbon Fiber parts?
Contacted them via Facebook. They speak english well via messenger.

https://www.facebook.com/SAGA-Carbon...4788312157175/
Fingers007 (02-01-18)
Old 03-21-18, 05:57 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

I ordered a c/f lip from Japan. Fingers crossed it lives a long life. I've got the RR Tune ready to flash. And the car is at the shop, apexi b-pipe install, lower the RSR suspension, install the Velgen's with some Michelin rubber and alignment.

I'm going to do some fuel system cleaner when I get it back and then after a full tank of gas flash the tune. Extremely excited to be ditching winter mode and get ready for the show season early. Planning to attend a few events and plan to fully detail the car with-in the coming weeks weather permitting.

Here's a crap cell phone shot before I dropped her off.

ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 03-22-18, 10:02 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Quick Reply: Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build