Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-16, 01:04 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by since5oh
Glad I can help. Can't wait to see how everything is going to come together for you.
Thanks again bro for today, another day you helped big time. Im excited.

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Lov'in your build so far, and love the molten pearl. Your engine bay is going to pop when it's all said and done!
Thank you very much , stay tuned, more goodies coming.
Old 12-28-16, 01:08 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

I'm doing a carbon fiber console overlay for now. ill see if it looks good enough which it does look pretty good. so far it matches my premium oem cf trim. If you guys need more info on this, PM me.

Old 12-28-16, 03:59 PM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol no love? "Thanks RyLitt for helping me get the right kit and telling me where to get it."
Old 12-28-16, 05:00 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Great build man ! Quality parts for sure ! Did you ever have a black 350z?
i was on my350z for a long time too till i moved on and sold that car
would you mind sharing the info on that overlay kit? Thanks man
keep up the sick *** build !
Old 12-28-16, 06:23 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RYLITT
Lol no love? "Thanks RyLitt for helping me get the right kit and telling me where to get it."
ah man, sorry. I was on a fast break/time crunch when i took these and posted. Big thanks to Rylitt for his personal help on pics for me. we've both helped each other and I'm glad i got some insight from him. Great guy
Old 12-28-16, 06:26 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
Great build man ! Quality parts for sure ! Did you ever have a black 350z?
i was on my350z for a long time too till i moved on and sold that car
would you mind sharing the info on that overlay kit? Thanks man
keep up the sick *** build !

indeed i did have a Z. miss that car and forum. thanks man, PM me if needed.

Old 12-28-16, 07:04 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

He'll yeah I remember that car. My username was stinky350z lol
ok for sure I'll pm u . Thanks
Old 12-29-16, 09:37 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
He'll yeah I remember that car. My username was stinky350z lol
ok for sure I'll pm u . Thanks
Of course i remember you Stinky350z. Lol, one of the originals as well. Glad to see you in the RCF now. its a beast compared to the 350z. its in the top 3 powerful japanese car thats on a regular production line ever sold. Post pics of your car one day , good luck to you modding.
Old 12-29-16, 09:54 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

305/30/19 tires came in today. They are steam rollers for sure. also they are light for the size which I'm very happy about.

Old 12-29-16, 02:46 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to the "305 Club" LMAO!

So, much GRIP!

Old 12-29-16, 10:48 PM
snackids
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic build thread. Can't wait to see the TE37's and the drop.
Old 12-30-16, 07:40 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,513 Likes on 656 Posts

Awesome! I went from 315 to 305 also. The 315 were just too tall compared to the fronts. Great choice of parts as always!
Old 12-30-16, 10:21 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by snackids
Fantastic build thread. Can't wait to see the TE37's and the drop.
Thank you. Ill be doing the springs myself. I'm just too much of a DIY person and i could'n't even handle any scratches on my oem or swift springs during installation. I honestly have a disorder for how meticulous i am with things. i haven't rented a spring compressor in about 5 years now and was just too use to coilover set ups. this should be fun....

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Awesome! I went from 315 to 305 also. The 315 were just too tall compared to the fronts. Great choice of parts as always!
thanks brotha, I'm hoping this set up doesn't slow me down at all. rims are respectively lighter than stock while being wider. tires are light for the size but not sure if lighter than oem sizes. as long as i can at the very least stay in the same weight as my oem set up, i can't complain since I'm getting much wider contact patch. the goal is to have full traction but lose unsprung weight on the car. I made mistakes in my younger days when i would put wide tires and wheels on cars with 262whp. slowed the car down big time around town and made me hate the car.

maybe you can give a quick review of how you 305 tires feel on your set up .
Old 12-30-16, 10:54 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,513 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Thank you. Ill be doing the springs myself. I'm just too much of a DIY person and i could'n't even handle any scratches on my oem or swift springs during installation. I honestly have a disorder for how meticulous i am with things. i haven't rented a spring compressor in about 5 years now and was just too use to coilover set ups. this should be fun....

thanks brotha, I'm hoping this set up doesn't slow me down at all. rims are respectively lighter than stock while being wider. tires are light for the size but not sure if lighter than oem sizes. as long as i can at the very least stay in the same weight as my oem set up, i can't complain since I'm getting much wider contact patch. the goal is to have full traction but lose unsprung weight on the car. I made mistakes in my younger days when i would put wide tires and wheels on cars with 262whp. slowed the car down big time around town and made me hate the car.

maybe you can give a quick review of how you 305 tires feel on your set up .

I'm with you on doing everything yourself! It's never done right unless I do it

You won't need to use spring compressors on the rear, there's no room, at least for the several sets I have tried. And you really don't need it, support the lower arm with a floor jack, undo the bolts necessary to disconnect the arm from the hub carrier and slowly lower the jack to free the spring, making sure non of the bushings are getting caught, you'll see when you do it. The shorter swift springs are actually going to be easier to put back on. Make sure you orient the end of the coil the right way as it sits on the arm.

As for switching to 305 from 315, the car feels better. It seemed like it was twitchy with the 315. The new wheel and tire combo are actually lighter than the stock ones. The tires will still break loose even though they are Cup 2s.

Last edited by JT2MA71; 12-30-16 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-30-16, 11:29 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I'm with you on doing everything yourself! It's never done right unless I do it

You won't need to use spring compressors on the rear, there's no room, at least for the several sets I have tried. And you really don't need it, support the lower arm with a floor jack, undo the bolts necessary to disconnect the arm from the hub carrier and slowly lower the jack to free the spring, making sure non of the bushings are getting caught, you'll see when you do it. The shorter swift springs are actually going to be easier to put back on. Make sure you orient the end of the coil the right way as it sits on the arm.

As for switching to 305 from 315, the car feels better. It seemed like it was twitchy with the 315. The new wheel and tire combo are actually lighter than the stock ones. The tires will still break loose even though they are Cup 2s.

awesome, thanks for that quick write up. sounds easy enough if i don't need it for both front or rear. I think ill go install some tires today if they have time to do it properly. Thank you for that. it's the kick in the butt i needed to get some things done for the car today.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit