Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-19, 05:10 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Car looks great! That's a lot of meat in the rear... Mine already struggles to turn the 265's without a little convincing..
Thank you, it's the widest and stickiest setup I have ran to date. There is something about knowing the car can't lose grip that makes it fun to drive.
Old 05-25-19, 04:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Swapped back to HRE for Japanese Car Cruise In @ Peterson Museum tomorrow. Plus HRE open house is next weekend too.

Changed out some parts I had sitting around.

Ditching the smoked tail lights for a brand new oem set. I was getting annoyed with the tail lights condensing every time I washed the car.

Installed my spare door panels with nice arm rest

Lips were repolished, new center caps, and a new set of Project Kics R40 in neochrome were installed.

Car is all ready for me to wake up at 5am and cruise to a car meet/show in the rain tomorrow
Old 05-28-19, 10:18 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Drove up to LA to meet with my friends, so we could caravan to Peterson Museum

From left to right: Wes (1999), Mine (1998), and Brian (1997)

These were 2 of my favorite cars at the event: NSX and a bone stock mint condition S13 (that I voted for as my favorite car)

After the event we went to go eat

Plus Brian's car was having issues with fuel delivery, so we had to wait for the pump to cool down. He ordered 2 new pumps shortly after our meal.

Finally installed new headlights seals on the retrofit I did using the OG status retro kit.

Put in my JDM sidemarkers too. USDM is on top and JDM is on the bottom

Here is a quick test video of the Bi-xenon setup on the projectors. The headlights are unadjusted from when I originally installed them.

Old 06-09-19, 08:27 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

These aren't for my SC, but a different project I've been working on lately.

Old 06-14-19, 09:04 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

All the wheels I get, I still love these the most. lol

A photo my friend found of our cars on instagram:

Finally gave in and ordered brand new Recaro Sports to replace the sliding supra tt seats, but they called me back and told me Recaro discontinued the seat. A couple days later my friend found me some used recaros that I'm going to reupholster to match the factory interior or possibly redo all the seats in a new color (depending on additional cost). Recaros are on the right.
Old 06-14-19, 09:33 AM
MNtyler
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
All the wheels I get, I still love these the most. lol

Finally gave in and ordered brand new Recaro Sports to replace the sliding supra tt seats, but they called me back and told me Recaro discontinued the seat. A couple days later my friend found me some used recaros that I'm going to reupholster to match the factory interior or possibly redo all the seats in a new color (depending on additional cost). Recaros are on the right.
I always love seeing a clean build. I think these cars look so sleek on the outside they don't really need much at all.
Old 06-30-19, 01:19 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Went to go pick up my seats and starting to look for an upholstery shop to fix the foam and redo the leather.

A while back my friend noticed that I didn't have a wood grain shift **** in my SC, so he gifted one to me when I picked up the seats from his house

Finally finished up assembly on my 19" HRE last week. Sealed them up and ordered tires. I'm going to wait about a week before getting the tires mounted.

Old 07-06-19, 12:50 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Default Advan TC-4

Other post about advans:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...l#post10500614
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...l#post10523462

In the previous photos, I was using old tires in the front, so I got a fresh set of 255/35/18 r888r for the fronts:

Picked them up from the tire shop:

Attempted to do a photoshoot myself and struggled to get the lighting right for the wheels.

While I was preparing for a photoshoot, I was asking a bunch of my photographer friends about locations, and a few of them asked if they could shoot my car too.

The following were shot by one of my friends:

This morning, I met up with some more of my friends and our primary focus was to shoot my friend Brian's Titan7 wheels

Some shots of my car:

The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
MNtyler (07-06-19), RudysSC (07-08-19)
Old 07-12-19, 08:32 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Finally replaced the rear tires on my 18" HRE with some Michelins I ordered last year, and I ordered a pair of 275/30/19 Falken Azenis FK510 for the rears of the 19" HRE since I was questioning the fitment.

Did a quick test fit at the shop on one side before I had both tires mounted

Bought a set of Work CR2P a couple weeks ago, but ended up returning them because my friend changed his mind.

Since the advans are on the SC, I was kinda curious how the HRE would look on the rav4. lol

Also, got hooked up with another pair of supra TT seats from a 80k miles car. Seat motors are unknown condition, but the leather is nicer than the pair I have now.
Old 07-17-19, 05:23 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Those 18" HRE's still look best on your car. But the 19's are going to look ******* too
Old 07-19-19, 10:28 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400
Those 18" HRE's still look best on your car. But the 19's are going to look ******* too
Yeah, I agree. I'm slowly buying all my dream wheels, but I always go back to the 18" HRE.

Started cleaning up the supra TT seats before swapping them into my car. One of my car detailer friends asked me how well CarPro Inside worked as a cleaner, so I did this test for him.

Final Results

Bought some dash cams on clearance + tire rack storage bags for the 19" HRE.

The bags are worth it, but the face protectors are still debatable to me

I had to take the advans off because the tires were rubbing the passenger rear, plus they're annoyingly loud. It sounds like there is a large truck behind me holding its horn in the distance

275/35/18 michelin pilot a/s 3+ vs a 295/30/18 toyo r888

Photoshoots

This was done by one of my friends

These were shot by me:

The rest were shot by Mr. O.G. Status himself

Old 07-19-19, 10:43 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,207 Likes on 836 Posts

Those last three shots are breathtaking.
Old 07-28-19, 11:24 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I had a free weekend (last week) to hang out with my friends and play with cars

Nick invited us out to cars and coffee.

We met an LFA owner while we there

Cruised PCH home

We pulled over before we parted to say our goodbyes, and as soon as I pulled out my camera security told us we couldn't take photos and asked us to leave

Next day, I was finishing up a ceramic coating install, so my friends stopped by to hang out/watch me suffer in the heat.

I installed gtechniq crystal serum light (if any of you are into car detailing). The car came out better than I expected. I was having a bunch of issues because of the heat and was worried it wouldn't bond correctly.

My Bride MO rails came in after weeks of waiting. I only ordered a driver side bracket because I wasn't sure if it would work with the seats. The quality of the bracket is top notch. It includes sliders and everything necessary to install.

Spacers and bolts

Seatbelt adapter

It looks like I'll have to cut some tabs off the recaros and drill 2 new holes to use the Bride rails. The width of the brackets work perfectly with the seats, but the distance from the front and rear mounting bolts on the seat will require drilling. The bride rails were one of the more expensive options when I was shopping, but after seeing everything is included, it makes the price comparable to american made brackets and sliders.
Old 08-04-19, 08:48 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

One of my HRE is leaking at the valve stem. The problem is that the valve stem holes were drilled for the larger size, but my lips are so small it needs the smaller size. I'm going to try ordering new valve stems directly from HRE to see if I have any luck.

My new brake pads came in, Project Mu Club racers. Complete overkill, but whatever

My powdercoater has been waiting on my requested colors to show up. He finished everything early last week. I was able to pick them up on Friday and do the final assembly over the weekend.

I normally use Centric rebuild kits on the supra tt brakes, but I tried an oem kit this time. The OEM kit is much easier to install. I didn't think there would be much of a difference because functionally it works the same, but the small details like the retaining ring and material of the dust boots make the OEM easier to work with. The OEM kit also includes red rubber grease, the brake bleeder dust boots + crush washers.

All new OEM parts related to the brakes:

Brand new caliper pistons:

Yellow calipers have new oem parts, blue calipers have used pistons and a centric rebuild kit. It was hard to photograph, but the oem dust boot sits more flush than the aftermarket boots

I haven't made up my mind which color will go on my car.
Old 08-05-19, 08:11 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

I'd go with the blue calipers, both to match the HRE center caps and because it'll pop the best on white.

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build