Ne1tHeRe's 2015 Ultra White RC F

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-16, 07:54 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFit
Just curious, the what kind of performance gains/ benefits are you going to see with the Apexi Controller? Awesome build by the way!
No performance gains. Just more sensitive throttle response. So your car pressed at 10% now is accelerating at 25%. If that makes sense.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-11-16, 03:13 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Finally got my lug nuts and hubcentric rings last week so was trying to put the new wheels on today after work but hubcentric rings are wrong size (too thick) so stock wheels stay on for now

Looks like I was accidentally sent 73(OD)/60.1(ID) when I need 67.1/60.1. Will have to ping RavSpec again. They have been good about stuff so far so I am sure they will get them to me quick

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 04-12-16 at 06:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-02-20)
Old 04-12-16, 06:46 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Any news on when the Amuse exhaust will come in? Any hp/torque figures?
Old 04-12-16, 09:04 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Any news on when the Amuse exhaust will come in? Any hp/torque figures?
No updates yet. It was ordered the beginning of March so it won't arrive until summer most likely.

As for hp/tq numbers, I don't have any but it will be roughly the same across the board for all cat-backs with standard mufflers. Just lighter weight with the Titan I can't wait, though...just have to be patient
GunnyFitz (07-02-20)
Old 04-12-16, 10:28 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
No updates yet. It was ordered the beginning of March so it won't arrive until summer most likely.

As for hp/tq numbers, I don't have any but it will be roughly the same across the board for all cat-backs with standard mufflers. Just lighter weight with the Titan I can't wait, though...just have to be patient
I don't know how you're containing yourself! Haha, I heard the Amuse Titan exhaust on the RCF and it's probably up there with Novel on best sounding systems (albeit I only heard via clips).

I'm waiting probably till 10K miles before I do any performance mods. I'm already at 3.5 K in two months so, i'm sure i'll get there in no time!
Old 04-12-16, 10:37 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

I don't know how you're containing yourself! Haha, I heard the Amuse Titan exhaust on the RCF and it's probably up there with Novel on best sounding systems (albeit I only heard via clips).

I'm waiting probably till 10K miles before I do any performance mods. I'm already at 3.5 K in two months so, i'm sure i'll get there in no time!
Clips just don't do the exhausts justice...you have to hear it in person to really hear/experience it I order a bunch of parts in advance b/c most are custom from Japan and take a while to get here.

I have just over 1k miles on my car that I have had since Dec...albeit, I did have it in the shop for over a month for paint protection (issues with getting/installing the clearplex on front windshield that still am dealing with). I had planned to supplement the mileage with my other 2 cars with putting most of the mileage on my GS (which is in the shop for paint protection now so been driving the RC F more..haha).

Slowly getting my parts in to install
GunnyFitz (07-02-20)
Old 04-12-16, 01:04 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Clips just don't do the exhausts justice...you have to hear it in person to really hear/experience it I order a bunch of parts in advance b/c most are custom from Japan and take a while to get here.

I have just over 1k miles on my car that I have had since Dec...albeit, I did have it in the shop for over a month for paint protection (issues with getting/installing the clearplex on front windshield that still am dealing with). I had planned to supplement the mileage with my other 2 cars with putting most of the mileage on my GS (which is in the shop for paint protection now so been driving the RC F more..haha).

Slowly getting my parts in to install
What paint protection film did you use? What area did you wrap? I'm actually planning on wrapping in either Xpel Ultimate or Clearguard Nano SR. If XPEL Ultimate, they have an actual XPEL installation center; but with ClearGuard Nano, i'd get it done at a shop in Houston.

I definitely want to wrap the full front hood, bumper, front fenders, and mirrors. I'm considering rocker panel, doors, and rear fenders too. Xpel quoted $3,900 plus tax for install. Still awaiting second quote from other shop in Houston.
Old 04-12-16, 04:54 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

What paint protection film did you use? What area did you wrap? I'm actually planning on wrapping in either Xpel Ultimate or Clearguard Nano SR. If XPEL Ultimate, they have an actual XPEL installation center; but with ClearGuard Nano, i'd get it done at a shop in Houston.

I definitely want to wrap the full front hood, bumper, front fenders, and mirrors. I'm considering rocker panel, doors, and rear fenders too. Xpel quoted $3,900 plus tax for install. Still awaiting second quote from other shop in Houston.
I got xpel on the whole front of car, hood, front quarter panels, side mirrors, doors, door handles, a-pillars, partial roof, side sills/rocker panels. Then opticoat over the whole car windows and wheels...except the front windshield (still waiting on clearplex film). I should have done the whole car in xpel, though. It isn't cheap but worth its weight in gold for protection and ease of cleaning.
GunnyFitz (07-02-20)
Old 04-12-16, 08:52 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Finally got my lug nuts and hubcentric rings last week so was trying to put the new wheels on today after work but hubcentric rings are wrong size (too thick) so stock wheels stay on for now

Looks like I was accidentally sent 73(OD)/60.1(ID) when I need 67.1/60.1. Will have to ping RavSpec again. They have been good about stuff so far so I am sure they will get them to me quick

Nice lugs! I got the same brand but different style along with a lock set.
Old 04-13-16, 12:29 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Originally Posted by RCF500
Nice lugs! I got the same brand but different style along with a lock set.
Thanks What style and lock set did you get?
Old 04-13-16, 07:44 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Got two things today...

1) Flat rear driver's side tire on the way home from work

2) APEXi throttle contoller

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 04-13-16 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-13-16, 07:51 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Had to prematurely mount my new rear 20" wheels without hubcentric rings to get the car back home...and I had to go all the way home to get my two wheels first, btw...haha
Old 04-13-16, 08:05 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

At least you're safe man!
Old 04-13-16, 08:54 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks What style and lock set did you get?
Damn that's a nice gash in the tire, at least you are safe though. I got the muteki SR35 and it came with a lock set. You are going to love the apexi controller.
Old 04-14-16, 04:55 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

So I saved 5.4lbs per front wheel-tire combo and 2lbs per rear wheel-tire combo. Not sure about the height and width of new front tire...might go wider tire like 265/30/20 to add some height and width.

The shot above is on a slight incline...will take better pics later

Last edited by Ne1tHeRe; 05-18-16 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Ne1tHeRe's 2015 Ultra White RC F