Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My Drift/Fun Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 12:25 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximo018
I so need to get this assembly. I got the master cylinder but not the pedals.
It worked great, just had to cut out a ton of the rubber/foam padding so it would sit flush with the firewall. Do it!
Old 07-02-16, 01:47 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Finally have an update, cd009 is in, and it still runs fantastic! Going to call a local shop this next week for a driveshaft and then she will be ready to drive around. Still have a ton of little things to do like finish fitting the harness bar, mount harness, tidy up interior wiring, aero/body stuff, new coilovers, and the list goes on. But for now everything important is back in. Onto some pictures.

Started off a few weeks ago fitting the transmission to the engine. Shaving the bell housing for starter clearance

Name:  IMG_1502.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  219.6 KB

Flywheel, flex plate, spacers, and clutch on. Adapter plate on. The white circled holes are the ones used for the CD009. Note that the bottom 2 holes you will have to drill out the transmission side as they are also threaded.

Name:  IMG_1517.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  251.3 KB

Starter bolts shaved. If you do this swap and your starter decides to go out you will have to remove the transmission from the engine to remove the starter bolts. IMO thats a terrible design but one that is probably very hard to avoid as the cd009 bell housing is fairly large

Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  84.6 KB

Drivers side of the plate hits the converter so had to do a little shaving there. No big deal

Name:  IMG_1522.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  165.2 KB

Bolted on!!

Name:  IMG_1526.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  247.2 KB

AllBoost Motorsports shifter came in fairly quick. Was waiting over 2 months for a different one but couldn't wait any longer. Brett pulled through for me right quick so I could keep going on this project.

Name:  IMG_1580.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  185.2 KB
Old 07-02-16, 01:54 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Everything is in!! I did have to beat the crap out of the firewall where it curves into the tunnel to make clearance for the larger bell housing. Not a big deal as there is nothing behind it anymore.

Name:  IMG_1589.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  241.4 KB

Shifter almost lines up perfect. This was a huge relief.

Name:  IMG_1592.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  223.4 KB

Almost ready to fire it up!

Name:  IMG_1598.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  289.1 KB

Looks good with a manual gearbox in there

Name:  IMG_1600.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  251.8 KB

Also made some EGR blockoff plates as the adapter plate does not allow the EGR tube to be used. Free piece of aluminum and having a good bandsaw beats spending $100 on premade plates.

Name:  IMG_1527.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  229.8 KB

As she sits as of 15 min ago

Name:  IMG_1602.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  292.2 KB
Old 07-03-16, 09:46 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job on the manual swap. My last mod to do. I got the supercharger running good, TT auto LSD goes in next, then tranny. Keep up the good work, will be using this build thread for reference for sure!
Old 07-03-16, 09:53 AM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Originally Posted by JasGS350
Great job on the manual swap. My last mod to do. I got the supercharger running good, TT auto LSD goes in next, then tranny. Keep up the good work, will be using this build thread for reference for sure!
I wish mine was boosted! lol let me know if you have any questions, there are a couple good threads on here for this swap as well. I do have lots more info about what all is needed to fit the swap.
Old 07-03-16, 06:59 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the CD009 you are using a hydraulic clutch?
Old 07-03-16, 10:10 PM
DHenn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ashes2wake

AllBoost Motorsports shifter came in fairly quick. Was waiting over 2 months for a different one but couldn't wait any longer. Brett pulled through for me right quick so I could keep going on this project.

Is this shifter a direct swap component? is it made for this swap? if so... can you link?
Old 07-04-16, 10:35 AM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Default 6spd

Originally Posted by ashes2wake
I wish mine was boosted! lol let me know if you have any questions, there are a couple good threads on here for this swap as well. I do have lots more info about what all is needed to fit the swap.
Will do. FYI, supercharging the SC400 is much easier than the 6spd manual swap. I would trade situations in a heart beat. Not many parts needed, and easy to obtain. Fish bracket, LS400 fan bracket/pulley, electric fans, and relocate your battery. Catch can is a must or you will blow seals. I know this from experience. Let me know if you do decide to supercharge as I would be more than happy to answer any questions.
Old 07-04-16, 05:04 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Originally Posted by SCFactory
Is the CD009 you are using a hydraulic clutch?
This is an external slave cd009. It is a hydraulic slave cylinder. You can use the 07+ internal slave models as they are basically the same, just requires a few more pieces in the adaptation.

Originally Posted by DHenn
Is this shifter a direct swap component? is it made for this swap? if so... can you link?
This is an AllBoost Motorsports shifter made specifically for a 2/1jz to cd009 into the sc/soarer chassis but it works just as well with a 1uz. I did have to cut about a 1/4 inch forward from the oem shifter opening in order to fit it perfectly. Other than that it is an excellent piece and fits exactly where I want it. I emailed them or you can find them on Facebook and pm them, their email is also listed there.

Will do. FYI, supercharging the SC400 is much easier than the 6spd manual swap. I would trade situations in a heart beat. Not many parts needed, and easy to obtain. Fish bracket, LS400 fan bracket/pulley, electric fans, and relocate your battery. Catch can is a must or you will blow seals. I know this from experience. Let me know if you do decide to supercharge as I would be more than happy to answer any questions.
I would really like to go turbo at some point but I am not opposed at all to supercharging. What charger are you using? My biggest question with modifying the 1uz is how are you tuning/what ecu? I've done a bit of searching in that respect but there is not a ton of info, or I am just terrible at google. Any info is greatly appreciated
Old 07-04-16, 08:41 PM
JasGS350
Pole Position

I'm currently using a powerdyne supercharger with a 2.93 pulley making 6lbs of boost. Still using the stock ECU and it runs great, it even passes emissions in Atlanta, GA. I do plan on using the AEM FIC 8 when I get a smaller pulley to up the boost, and install the Supra TT fuel pump. The manual swap is what will really wake it up, as the auto trans is holding it back big time atm.
Old 07-07-16, 06:02 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

I'm currently using a powerdyne supercharger with a 2.93 pulley making 6lbs of boost. Still using the stock ECU and it runs great, it even passes emissions in Atlanta, GA. I do plan on using the AEM FIC 8 when I get a smaller pulley to up the boost, and install the Supra TT fuel pump. The manual swap is what will really wake it up, as the auto trans is holding it back big time atm.
You're on stock injectors?
Old 07-07-16, 07:08 PM
Rezist09
Driver School Candidate

Good setup
Old 08-02-16, 10:33 AM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Well the car is back on the road again. Finally had my driveshaft made last week and I've been driving almost everyday. Clutch is broken in and everything seems to be solid so far. The CD009 is a bit noisy although it probably doesn't help not having any interior to deaden the sounds. I do need some help from any gurus with the transmission codes. I have the NSS jumped and it starts/runs amazing, but I am getting codes P0710, P0758 and P0773 which are trans fluid temp sensor, shift solenoid B and shift solenoid E respectively. Are there more wires I should connect to get rid of these codes or do I need some resistor mods? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-05-18, 06:45 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

What's up guys, finally reviving my old build thread with some updates. After I got the swap done and drove it through the 2017 summer I ended up selling it to a friend. Well after seeing it again I bought it back as I just couldn't let someone drive my car around anymore. Way too many long nights and fun trips in this thing. She's here to stay now and hopefully be sliding it for the 2019 season. This year though I'm going to work out some kinks and get her back to being beat on. Also.....boost!

First to pick up a bit where I left off.

Modified the headlights a bit

My Drift/Fun Build-pvzmsff.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-iyodr1e.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-yxnqc8t.jpg

Test fitting the skirts

My Drift/Fun Build-xrrrazi.jpg

Added some homemade extensions to the skirts and the front lip, used hdpe sheeting

My Drift/Fun Build-rozlhpo.jpg

Automotion 2017 Wisconsin Dells

My Drift/Fun Build-kzxlnjc.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-kudavkv.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-tcx0xxd.jpg

As she sat before I sold it last year

My Drift/Fun Build-r3hj0zm.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-y0uvgjh.jpg

After all of the 6 speed swap was done, brake upgrades, suspension/aero stuff, and the countless hours in the shop she was returned to me last week. Only now there is a bit of go fast bits under the hood. Added Borg Warner S300 turbo, manifolds flipped and welded on v-bands, 2.5 inch stainless runners into turbo, hood dump exhaust, flat mount wrx radiator, ps delete. It feels so good. Currently stock ecu, stock injectors with a walbro 255 running 5 psi boost. Pulls very hard and never leans out or misses a beat. Future plans include standalone, studs and hg, slightly larger injectors and a real tune. Also would like a real LSD at some point.

My Drift/Fun Build-0aoydtc.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-jp1l3oj.jpg
My Drift/Fun Build-6hyehg6.jpg

Tucked away in the garage waiting to change up the cooling system a bit and for the title to come in so I can register it. Feels so good to be back with my baby!
Old 06-18-18, 03:18 PM
ashes2wake
Rookie

Swapped in a new radiator over the weekend along with a new clutch master and bled those systems. Added some exhaust wrap around the up pipes to keep heat off of everything and wrapped a bit of wiring. Took it out around Minneapolis Sunday afternoon and found a few cool spots to grab some pics. Feels so good to get this thing out and drive it around.

My Drift/Fun Build-6uxx2yo.jpg

My Drift/Fun Build-snewjuv.jpg