My three Sc's...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-15, 04:01 PM
adc27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My three Sc's...

A little backstory...

Three years ago I went with my friend to a drift event. About a month later I purchased my first Sc300, 92 5 speed. I decided I was going to do a 1jz swap on it. After I realized how much time and money I was going to have to put into it to make it a nice drift car that could potentially be destroyed, I decided to swap a ka trans into an Sc400. A couple months later I bought a 95 Sc400 to start with that project. I finished that the next spring and drove some events. I came upon another 95 Sc400 that wasn't running and picked that up for super cheap, and put in a different ecu and currently use that as my winter car. This past winter I bought a house and I was finally able to move my 300 along with the engine swap to my own garage, so I would actually have the motivation to work on it. I'm getting close to finally dropping the motor into the car!
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_0199.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0201.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0210.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0543.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0548.jpg  

My three Sc's...-img_0883.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3053.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0914.jpg  
Old 10-26-15, 04:14 PM
adc27
Rookie

The drift car...Collins adapters ka trans swap kit, s14 clutch pedal, welded 4.08 diff, cut knuckles, bc coils, asd hydro brake, battle version rear traction and toe links, battle version front diff mounts...
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_0475.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0476.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0467.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0442.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_1472.jpg  

My three Sc's...-img_2750.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_2863.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_2926.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_2993.jpg  
Old 10-26-15, 04:16 PM
adc27
Rookie

The winter car...All stock minus a head unit and subs.
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_0600.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0601.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0602.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_0598.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3315.jpg  

Old 10-26-15, 04:26 PM
adc27
Rookie

Alright so back to the Sc300...So far I've replaced the water pump, timing belt, cams (bc 264's), oil pump, timing tensioner and pulley, along with a bunch of other seals and gaskets. I bought the driftmotion 1jz without the turbo, turbo kit, but the manifold fitment was absolutely horrible so I bought a suprastore 1jz manifold and could not be happier with how it fits. The turbo is a BW S360. I had -10an bungs welded onto my valve covers and had them powdercoated white pearl, which turned out to be pretty close to the cars actual color. Also picked up some mkiv injectors along with the resistor box (still don't understand how to wire them, ha), and an afc neo. This is how it sits currently.
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_3174.jpg  
Old 10-26-15, 04:34 PM
adc27
Rookie

So the motor I got was actual from an mk3 as the shifter was not extended. Luckily one of my friends bought a 1jz sc300 off of Craigslist to swap into his own mk3. When we swapped transmissions I found out that my motor had an OS Giken twin disc clutch with the alteration kit on it, so I was pretty excited about that. I bought an extended harness from someone off the forums here over a year ago and just got around to trying to fit it on. First picture is a knock sensor I believe? Anyways the new harness doesn't have a plug that goes to it. The second picture is the plug that would logically go there. The third picture is the plug off the original harness that I believe connected to it. The fourth picture is from the original harness as well that went to the ac, and I do not have a plug for that as well on the new harness. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails My three Sc's...-img_3194.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3195.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3196.jpg   My three Sc's...-img_3197.jpg  
Old 10-27-15, 09:39 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adc27
Alright so back to the Sc300...So far I've replaced the water pump, timing belt, cams (bc 264's), oil pump, timing tensioner and pulley, along with a bunch of other seals and gaskets. I bought the driftmotion 1jz without the turbo, turbo kit, but the manifold fitment was absolutely horrible so I bought a suprastore 1jz manifold and could not be happier with how it fits. The turbo is a BW S360. I had -10an bungs welded onto my valve covers and had them powdercoated white pearl, which turned out to be pretty close to the cars actual color. Also picked up some mkiv injectors along with the resistor box (still don't understand how to wire them, ha), and an afc neo. This is how it sits currently.

Here is how you wire in the resistor box and 550's: See post 10 for diagram

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...to-1jzgte.html
Old 10-27-15, 10:17 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

There is a young man in NJ who is about to do the KA swap. He was looking for someone to talk with that has done it. I will link him to this thread.
Old 10-27-15, 10:20 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

Nice score on the OS Giken twin disc, that's crazy luck right there!
Old 10-27-15, 02:05 PM
adc27
Rookie

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
There is a young man in NJ who is about to do the KA swap. He was looking for someone to talk with that has done it. I will link him to this thread.
I would be more than happy to help. It's an entirely different car with a manual transmission, and not to much work.
Old 10-27-15, 03:31 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adc27
I would be more than happy to help. It's an entirely different car with a manual transmission, and not to much work.
Awesome! Thank you sir!

Those Sc's look like big time fun!
Old 10-27-15, 03:52 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^OP, man 3 SC's? Nice! You keep this up, and you'll catch up with GERB. lol. Hey SG and adc27, way to help out brother...I love seeing guys helping other members out! This is what we want this forum to be! Keep us updated with your builds.

steve
Old 10-28-15, 08:22 PM
StephenSCB
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys im the young man mentioned above by Studiogeek
the 3 cars look awesome i wish i had a second one
if you could explain your clutch pedal set up that would be great
i assume its just a s14 pedal and master cylinder bolted in?
sounds like you just have to drill new holes and they fit perfectly?
Old 10-29-15, 06:12 AM
adc27
Rookie

Originally Posted by StephenSCB
Hey guys im the young man mentioned above by Studiogeek
the 3 cars look awesome i wish i had a second one
if you could explain your clutch pedal set up that would be great
i assume its just a s14 pedal and master cylinder bolted in?
sounds like you just have to drill new holes and they fit perfectly?
Yes that is correct. I did however have to bend a small piece of metal to attach the pedal to a bracket in the car. I also had to massage the brake booster slightly. The master cylinder is pretty much identical to the sc300 one, when it comes to the size of the three holes needed to be drilled.
Old 10-29-15, 07:33 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I went to the Collins site and didn't see any kits, just the adaptor. Do they sell a full kit with clutch, hydro lines, driveshaft etc?
Old 10-29-15, 07:49 AM
adc27
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I went to the Collins site and didn't see any kits, just the adaptor. Do they sell a full kit with clutch, hydro lines, driveshaft etc?
You might have to give him a call. The only thing my kit didn't come with was the driveshaft and flywheel bolts. The kit would be the same as any s13 or s14 kit minus the motor mounts and driveshaft.

Quick Reply: My three Sc's...