Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

plutoGK IS350 Fsport ultra white

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-15, 10:56 PM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plutoGK IS350 Fsport ultra white

Hey to all, have been member of the site for almost a year now, now I got the chance to put my build here to share with you guys.

Mod list:

black plasti dip grill surround
balck plasti dip window trim
balck plasti dip rear emblem
JDM TRD rear spolier
JDM TRD rear bumper
RSR down spring
Red break calipers

Also want to share some of my throughts about my 3IS based on pros and cons.

Pros:
1.I really love the aggrisive front design of the fsport package and the LFA Tachometer. I can say the Tachometer is the major reason that convince me to buy 3is.
2.Seats- the sprot seat is the most comfortable and supportive among its rival.
3.Drive Mode Select- like many has said, different drive mode gives the car two opposite feel. In normal mode, it feels comfortable and quite inside the cabine. In sport+, it can release your rage after 4k rpm. The suspension is on the soft side even in sport+. After I installed the rsr down spring, it significantly reduced the body roll in my mind.
4.ML stereo- definitely wroth the money.
5.Brake- great stopping power, looks good when painted red compares to C-class and 3series. I probably will change stoptech slotted rotor just for the looks.
6. In canada, 3IS is 7k to 9k cheaper than audi s4 and bmw 335 with simlier opinions.

Cons:
1. Gearbox- the AWD 6-speed gearbox does not shifts as quick as I expected, especially when down shifts.
2.Missing some opinions I would love to have,such as memory seats,auto diming mirror.
3.The whiper speed was too slow. I am not sure if anyone notice this problem, the highest whiper speed is the same level as my bmw x5 in medium. Last month I encountered really heavy rain storm on highway and could see anything ahead beacuse of the low whiper speed. I was in same condition before with my X5 and there was no problem at all.

Last edited by plutoGK; 09-23-15 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-23-15, 12:18 AM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone with JoeZ or ARK catback tell me how much do they drone? and in what range they drone most? I cant decide weather I should go for catback or axleback exhaust, since I do highway curise a lot. Also, which exhaust drone least other than the F-sport exhaust?

any thoughts will be apperciated.
Old 09-23-15, 07:08 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

not a fan of the two tone bumper...it is different from those who have it though.

I have a cat back joe z. there is a drone, but it's minor imo. you'll obviously hear it when you push it, but at cruising (approx. 2.5-3k rpm) you'll notice it but it's not disturbing; you hardly notice it especially if you have the radio on or if you're talking to someone. the quietest axel backs are the f sport and tanabe.
Old 09-23-15, 10:53 AM
plutoGK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cp2
not a fan of the two tone bumper...it is different from those who have it though.

I have a cat back joe z. there is a drone, but it's minor imo. you'll obviously hear it when you push it, but at cruising (approx. 2.5-3k rpm) you'll notice it but it's not disturbing; you hardly notice it especially if you have the radio on or if you're talking to someone. the quietest axel backs are the f sport and tanabe.
thx for the infor, im seriously thinking about joe z catback as I saw several member selling ARK because it was just too loud. It seems everyone is pretty satisified with joe z