Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

2GenLS4's official build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 09:46 PM
2GenLS4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2GenLS4's official build thread

Hey guys, as some of you have seen, I'm a new guy to the Lexus scene.
I got my hands on a '96 LS400, with a quarter million miles.

I am going to be posting all of my upgrades on here, from a simple oil change, all the way to a motor swap when the time comes, of course pictures will be included, but as of now I do-not have any photos on my computer to upload, if you'd like to see the car I've got a few pictures on my Instagram under the name "2genls4" if you couldn't guess.

Alright lets get started!

7/20 - Purchase the vehicle, with a quick inspection and test drive, everything is smooth aside from a loud exhaust and a dent in the fender.

7/21 - Further inspect the vehicle, and clean up. Wash, wax, vacuum interior, and find $22 worth of change! woohoo!

7/22 - Not much time for working on the car, since I have to work, but since I work at an auto parts store I decided to get some parts, and do some research. Purchased, Spark plugs, rotors, caps, wires, oil and filter, transmission filter and fluid. After work took the car to an exhaust shop my buddy owns, and had it inspected, and re-welded together, exhaust leak is no-longer, also had some tips welded on and took the resonators out since they were crushed.

7/23 - Flushed oil and transmission, did transmission filter and gasket, refilled transmission, changed oil filter, filled up oil, spark plugs, distributor rotor and caps on both sides, new wires.

Here's the fun part, found some H&R lowering springs from another LS400 from my dad, he just had laying around on a '91, tried to fit, fronts with no problems, and slammed the front, then began pulling apart the rear, and dang it! completely different, well good thing I'm good with air tools, because I'm not big with the california lean, cut half a coil at a time and finally got it level, car has been slammed.

Found out the car has some junction produce goodies as well. Tail lights, and front bumper lights. Yipee!

Keep posted for more as I go on, I'm working tomorrow so I'm gonna look for more cheap parts I can get for this car in the meantime, need new brakes and might as well do bushings while I'm down there!
Old 07-25-15, 11:22 AM
2GenLS4
Rookie

7/25 - Took it to my friend over at Sears auto center to get an allignment done, unfortunately however, I could not complete the allignment since the front lower balljoints are falling apart, looking into buying a new pair of them, found them on eBay for about $70.

they will arrive August 1st.
Old 08-05-15, 01:00 PM
2GenLS4
Rookie

8/5 - Huge bulk update:
Since the last update, I had purchased Ball joints mistakenly for a first gen, and had to return them, I had new joints installed, got my new cats installed, I am now smogged and registered!
I purchased factory resonators from Pick-N-Pull, as soon as I have spare time I will put those in and cut off my mufflers, I also purchased some Megan coilovers from a friends shop, those are on their way too!!

I wired up an easy system yesterday, took advantage of the factory 8" sub spot, and put a small Lanzar 8" woofer, then I built a tuned and ported box for two 10's and ran two cheap amps I had already from a customers car, Took the factory amp out from under the passenger seat, and re-wired the entire car, the stock Pioneer door speakers I wasn't expecting to be very loud, however I was very wrong, these stock speakers sound almost like high end aftermarket pioneer or alpine speakers I was blown away, I found a ported box for 2 12" woofers, and have some Planet Audio woofers on their way, and will be re-doing the system, right now everything is temporarily wired, just for beat while I'm driving, and have it wired directly to a mini jack and control music/volume from my phone, I'm trying to figure out of there's a deck I can use to control the factory Pioneer 6 disk changer, and if not, I will be installing a high end clarion double din I have from before the company closed.