Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Troll Skuad SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 06:07 PM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troll Skuad SC

Hello Everyone, I have been looking on the forms for while but finally decided to join. So I have had my SC300 for about a year now and the mod itch hit me. I don't want to do anything that wild to this car because I want to k-swap my 1999 civic si, but this car will be in my view the perfect daily.

Stock height

Let me start with what has been going on so far. I ordered BC Coilovers and had my friend Jose the mad scientist installed them and I love them.

BC coilovers installed

This is how it sits and I love them. My first pair of coilovers and I have no idea why I did not do this before.
Attached Thumbnails Troll Skuad SC-dsc02722.jpg   Troll Skuad SC-dsc02724.jpg  

Last edited by edaeddy; 02-08-15 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old 02-08-15, 06:44 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome! First mod BC coil overs, very nice. I'd ask that you look into moving that wiring harness inside the wheel well...riding that low on daily will surely eat up ur harness? There's a write up (DIY) in the sticky up at the top of the sc300/400 page. Actually they're several write ups-take a look, and let us know what you think? Hey is your rear fender flared? It looks like it's widened a bit, as well as your wheel rolled in the rear? And since you posted your SC in the Build thread, you have to do a mod a month here! j/k
Old 02-08-15, 06:57 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good lowered. Next mod, get some wheels!
Old 02-09-15, 02:14 PM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Welcome! First mod BC coil overs, very nice. I'd ask that you look into moving that wiring harness inside the wheel well...riding that low on daily will surely eat up ur harness? There's a write up (DIY) in the sticky up at the top of the sc300/400 page. Actually they're several write ups-take a look, and let us know what you think? Hey is your rear fender flared? It looks like it's widened a bit, as well as your wheel rolled in the rear? And since you posted your SC in the Build thread, you have to do a mod a month here! j/k
I have read about it & haven't done it yet but will this weekend I will relocate it . The car is all stock all I have done it coils re-did the tint & put a double din head unit.
Old 02-09-15, 02:16 PM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by N1T3MARE
Looks good lowered. Next mod, get some wheels!
Soon enough want to get some small stuff done before rotors, brake pads, stainless brake lines etc
I'm looking into WBC rfp1 or advan wheels
Old 02-09-15, 07:13 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^Completely understand, if you haven't already done so I'd suggest making sure the maintenance is up to date. A piece of mind for your daily driver. As far as wheels, if you don't find some SCs with those wheels you're looking for you could post a pic in the Photoshop forum along with the wheels you're thinking about. Our PS gurus as well as some other members can PS the wheels, so you can get an idea to how they will look on your SC? GL and keep us posted.

steve
Old 02-09-15, 08:18 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by edaeddy
I have read about it & haven't done it yet but will this weekend I will relocate it . The car is all stock all I have done it coils re-did the tint & put a double din head unit.
it's not stock height, move that harness asap. all you have to do is loosen the part where the harness goes inside the car then tuck it up and fasten it with some zipties, no need to stick it in the engine bay and do all that work. good luck, you got a clean car, some tasty mods coming soon hopefully.
Old 02-10-15, 06:37 AM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldManTan
it's not stock height, move that harness asap. all you have to do is loosen the part where the harness goes inside the car then tuck it up and fasten it with some zipties, no need to stick it in the engine bay and do all that work. good luck, you got a clean car, some tasty mods coming soon hopefully.
I will do it asap. Just read over your build thread & nice work with all the DIY man
Old 02-11-15, 10:22 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by edaeddy
I will do it asap. Just read over your build thread & nice work with all the DIY man
just learning as im going, never done any of the stuff i've done to my car, still tons to go. i'm guessing your thread will be similar?
Old 02-24-15, 03:33 PM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

Little update for you guys here so I was able to pick up some JDM Soarer tail lights for the car at Virginia JDM Motors in Chantilly, VA . The shop has just moved locations not that long ago and was in the process of moving a lot of more items. I did not really want to leave empty handed especially because it was a little out of the way for me plus stupid traffic so I figured why not buy something small. They had all of the taillights and some headlights on a pallet so I looked and I found a clean pair. With my right side tail lights cracked open by the key hole, I said what the hell and bought them. I was able to get them for $120 plus VA tax. The left side taillights were looking a little old compared to the ones I picked up so why not. I did not see a difference between the USDM/JDM tail lights and they fit perfect.

Sorry I didn't take a pictures of the old ones before they were thrown in the trash.

Here is a closer picture of the drop on the sc300. I did relocate the driver's side harness so that I would not have a problem with a chewed up harness. Honestly took way longer then I would like to admit but it was done.
Old 02-24-15, 07:41 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your missing a lug nut... Just saying...
Old 02-25-15, 06:41 AM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

^^^ missing one lug nut, 10 hp. missing 4 lug nuts, 40hp. gotta lose that heavy weight. haha. (first pic shows missing lug nut on Left rear to.)
good luck with the build and I already like it. I've had my sc for 2 years and still haven't lowered it. actually my drivers front strut is completely done for, no gas left in shock cause its all out side of it, and I still haven't replaced it. lol. should be my next mod but we'll see.
Old 03-16-15, 03:19 PM
edaeddy
Driver School Candidate

So for some reason I have had exhaust problems in the last three cars that I have owned. My Lexus is not an exception to this rule haha. I decided that I might as well go and change it up a little. So a little bit back I ordered a Blitz muffler. I went to an exhaust shop close to my parents house. Oscar's muffler shop in Hyattsville helped me out with this. It isn't anything too fancy but for now it will get the job done.

I was happy that there was not a long wait time but even so I still go late to class lol.

Here is the stock exhaust that was removed by them.

I ended up getting a magna flow cat with 2.5 inch piping all the way back to the Blitz muffler. I do like the way it currently sits on the right side. And here is the final result.

Here is a better view of how the exhaust is routed underneath. I am pretty happy with how it looks and sounds so far. I did feel a difference once I was I drove off and swear that it felt lighter but maybe its all in my head. So far so good with the exhaust.