Black Interior
Navigation
Bone stock
Purchased Nov'14
Old 02-03-15, 07:07 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I found CL to help me through my mods!
Attached Thumbnails My Subliime Riide-a-is250-before-.jpg   My Subliime Riide-a-is250-before-2.jpg  
Old 02-03-15, 07:08 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Coming up:
F Sport shift **** (one of my favorite upgrades)
F Sport trunk lip/spoiler
Tint
Avante Garde (18")
Tires
H&R springs
Old 02-03-15, 07:13 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Installed January 2015:

H&R Sport springs
Avante Garde M310 Dolphin Gray
18 x 8.5 +35
18 x 9.5 +40
225/40/18
255/40/18

Tint (Medium sides; Dark rear)

F Sport trunk lip

F Sport shift ****

My Subliime Riide-imag0459.jpg

My Subliime Riide-imag0452.jpg

My Subliime Riide-imag0450.jpg
Old 02-03-15, 07:17 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

I bought BCR Coilovers but ended up with H&Rs at the advice of my friend/mechanic.

I'll be putting them up for sale once I get the time. Been real busy with work.

These puppies are brand new sitting in the box. The vendor wants 30% restocking fee. Ouch!

My Subliime Riide-imag0460.jpg
Old 02-03-15, 09:19 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would install the ccoilovers instead of the springs, your struts will eventually go out with springs installed. Very nice build BTW I also had the same rims and loved them I will probably be posting them up for sale soon.
Old 02-03-15, 09:31 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. One of the things my mechanic really didn't like about the coilovers that I bought was that the shock mounts in front were "metal on metal" and said that I would be really unhappy with the ride. That and the fact that he would have to disassemble a lot of ***** each time we needed to make an adjustment on height (which would take more time and $). That's when I said screw it, I'll just go with springs and call it a day. I just wanted my car back at that point.
Old 02-04-15, 01:44 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice M310s! I'm going to go with the same set up with those AG wheels in 19's and h&r until I can get bc coils.
Old 02-04-15, 05:43 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subliime
Thank you. One of the things my mechanic really didn't like about the coilovers that I bought was that the shock mounts in front were "metal on metal" and said that I would be really unhappy with the ride. That and the fact that he would have to disassemble a lot of ***** each time we needed to make an adjustment on height (which would take more time and $). That's when I said screw it, I'll just go with springs and call it a day. I just wanted my car back at that point.
Height adjustment time is half an hour if you have a place to do it. So easy a cave man could do it. Last Sat I adjusted front and back height and camber and installed polyurathane sway bar bushings in the rear in less than an hour and a half by my self. If you can afford it keep the coilovers for when your stock shocks give out.
Old 02-04-15, 01:05 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

KEEP those coilovers. In time you'll find yourself wanting them to either dial-in the ride quality to how you want it OR to dial-in the ride height just how you want it. As long as you keep the spanner wrenches that come with the kit, and still have your factory jack and tire iron, you can adjust the coilover height yourself.
Old 02-04-15, 02:58 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
KEEP those coilovers. In time you'll find yourself wanting them to either dial-in the ride quality to how you want it OR to dial-in the ride height just how you want it. As long as you keep the spanner wrenches that come with the kit, and still have your factory jack and tire iron, you can adjust the coilover height yourself.
This is where I am confused. The mechanic said that because of the way these particular coilovers are designed (versus "real" coilovers like KW), you need to disassemble the swingarms and blah, blah blah. What is the best way to get at a desired height without doing it 10 times until you get it just right?

He also talked about reduced ride quality because of the shock mounts being metal on metal. LIke I said in an earlier post, at that point I just wanted my car back and I'm sure he wanted to free up the bay since it had been in there for a couple of days.

Dazed and confused...
Old 02-04-15, 04:24 PM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

I'm also a little worried about the BCR's after reading a couple threads about questionable ride quality and periodic need to "adjust" the coilovers....
Old 02-04-15, 06:24 PM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

The mechanic knows a lot about a lot of different cars, but doesn't know everything about these 2IS models. I can tell you from firsthand experience (I have a set of BCRs for 40k+ miles DIY installed), once the coilover is installed in its location on the car, it is as simple as turning the proper perches on the coilover body to raise and lower the ride height...just with the supplied wrenches! Just keep in mind a proper spring pre-load before installation (technically you can set the pre-load on or off the car...its just easier when off the car). There are a # of videos detailing the preload process. VERY SIMPLE procedure.

After installation and ride height is set, make sure to keep in mind to get an alignment for MAX tire life.
Old 02-04-15, 07:14 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

All I can say is your mechanic lacks the knowledge of the 2IS and coilovers. Like everyone says adjusting the coils will only take an hour if by yourself and faster if you have a friend with you.
Old 02-05-15, 09:31 AM
subliime
Driver School Candidate

I hear what you guys are saying and yeah, i'm sure he doesnt know the specifics of the ISx50s. food for thought....

Quick Reply: My Subliime Riide