IS300 from Holland, with some issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-14, 12:18 PM
GeenIdee
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default IS300 from Holland, with some issues

Hey guys,

My name is Kevin, I'm from Holland and I own a rare car. Well, not rare to you guys but for us it is.

I own a 2002 IS300 with a manual gearbox, that one of the previous owners shipped from the states. As they only sold them as automatic in europe, I'm happy to have this one and I might be one of the few, if not the only one, with a manual box in Holland. And also the only one with side markers and DRL's

I'd like to get it clean and stanced, not to much funky things because it is my daily and most mony goes to my project car.

Reason why I registered here and made this topic is because I have to solve, or would like to solve some things or have questions about things that can hardly be answered in my country because it's just slightly different from the EU car's

The questions I have will be asked if the time is there, for the first one I need to make a video because it is hard for my to explain what my problem is with out it.

So for now, only pictures.

After some BC coilovers. Dropped to the max, no rubbing what so ever with original wheels. I did raised it 1cm though.... got to love Dutch speedbumps like, everywhere. Not!

And custom rear muffler removal

It shows no radio, but that was the first thing I did actualy. Got a pioneer head unit and extra sub in the back.

-Kevin

Last edited by GeenIdee; 11-06-14 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-16-14, 07:20 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats pretty cool. Probably equivalent to having a Japanese market car only, here in the states. Goodluck with your project.
Old 11-17-14, 02:32 AM
GeenIdee
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you, and yea it's pretty cool. Can't manage to buy a "normal" car when I need to search for one.

Made a video of one of the problems.

Like last winter or so, I had the issue with cold start that it sounded like it didn't start on all cilinders and within 1 or 2 seconds the missing ones woke up.

I changed the plugs and plug wires later on what was a pain in the ***. Everything plastic snapped as result of the heat.

It did ran good though, until now when it's getting a bit colder again.

At first, with cold start, it fired up slowely compaired to normal. Maby hard to see or hear, but first video should give an idea.

Today I made a video from the back of the car and the car started worse then I ever had, but it might sounded worse then before because of the rear muffler removal. Now you can realy hear that it was missing a cilinder at start but it is hard to notice when it comes back in because of the sound effect I get with that rear pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-8z...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XrC...ature=youtu.be

Anyone known with this?