Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

SQ competition 96 LS

Old 09-01-14, 09:39 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup Nexus 7 (2013), trying to relocate the 3 physical key... Guess Ill simply cut the metal piece and solder wires to another switch.

Still debating if i'm going with the deck or tablet... I'll have all winter to think about that since it will be the last piece of the system.

Any build log/pictures of yours?
Old 09-02-14, 10:41 AM
black_LS
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

No build log yet, but I will definitely post pictures. I installed a 2012 model running Timur's USBROM in place of the ashtray. I increased the height of the opening to accommodate the Nexus screen and filled/sanded until smooth.

I actually quite like the original Nakamichi system, so I opted to leave it alone except for the subwoofer. Audio goes through an external USB DAC (Behringer UCA202) into the original system through the CD changer harness. I'm considering adding an AudioControl Matrix line driver in between, but I still need to compare volume levels with the rest of the system.

I didn't extend any hardware keys as I didn't really find them necessary - I don't use the Nexus for volume, and it turns on/off with the ignition. I also applied the "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" command in bootloader - this way if the Nexus is off completely for any reason (i.e. battery drained), it will turn back on when power is applied (ignition).

Let me know if you have any questions during your build as I did lots of research prior to my install.
Old 10-04-14, 06:58 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Finally ill have some time tomorrow to wrok on the LS. Hope Ill be able to do the motor and tranny mount.

This little creeper I got today should help me work under the car.

Anyone knows if lextreme is still selling their high stall TC? Inquired for a shipping price last week but still no reply. Any other option in the same price range?

Got a quote for the install of the TC and shift kit for around 700, this is not including the TC and shift kit, but everything else is include. I think it's a fair price.
Old 12-03-14, 06:42 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Got my Transgo 340-HD2 shift kit installed today and have the front strut bushing replaced at the same time.

So far the bushing seems to have help on the highway over 65. The car used to wander when there was groove in the road made by semi trucks and now it's much more stable.

Shift kit, well the kit have 3 options (drag, street and off-road) so I chose street. I was hoping that the shift between the 1st and 2nd would become instant and it did, no more slipping. Only downside I would say is that whatever RPM you are it will shift hard, so if you try to go slow you will still feel the shift and the car surging a bit from the engine rev when it shift.

Personally, this should be the first thing you do if you're after performance. The 1st to 2nd is now instant, and chirp the tire.

I could also have an high stall TC installed but my transmission guy told me I would hate my car when stuck in traffic (75% of my commute) so the next thing will be LSD instead.

Decided to drop the tablet install for now and got an Alpine INA-w910 and PXA-H800.
Old 01-24-15, 05:21 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Small update, found in the classified a Blitz Access ECU and decided to give it a try.

Hope Ill have it for next weekend and that it will work even if it's not the exact same ECU (89661-50241 instead of 50220)

Wish me luck
Old 02-21-15, 10:37 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 630
Looks good man, looking to wall a 93 LS400 with 2 18s here soon.
hehe cool! that's too much for me but make it the way you like

This build is over, I totalled the car.

When I find another one, Ill start again.
Old 03-29-15, 08:18 PM
Toyofhate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad sorry to hear about the car hope your ok.
Old 03-29-15, 08:30 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toyofhate
Sad sorry to hear about the car hope your ok.
Thanks, I feel much better now that I've got a 99 and can start working on the car again.

Ill start a new thread when the audio build start.