Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 07:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aristogs05
what happened to this mod? When will it be available?
Nothing has happened. This is just a prototype and was debut here only a few days ago. Give it a little time for minor adjustments to be made.
Old 05-26-05, 08:05 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Prototype

Originally Posted by Neo

Nothing has happened. This is just a prototype and was debut here only a few days ago. Give it a little time for minor adjustments to be made.
Neo.....

Do you know if the mirror will be for all models of Lexus ??

~ Cap
Old 05-26-05, 09:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
Neo.....

~ Cap
so far it's only for the GS
Old 05-27-05, 06:04 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 216 Likes on 119 Posts

Neo.....

~ Cap
Do you see a lot of demand from GX owners for this type of mod? Which year is your GX?
Old 05-27-05, 08:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Neo.....

~ Cap
I plan to make it available for the 1st gen IS and 2nd Gen GS to start. Then depending on demand, maybe make it for other models of cars, (not just Lexus cars by the way).
Old 05-27-05, 09:17 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mod for GX

Originally Posted by Hameed

Do you see a lot of demand from GX owners for this type of mod? Which year is your GX?
Hameed.....

I'll post in the GX Forum and ask.

My GX is a 2004. They are all the same, 2003 - 2005.

~ Cap
Old 05-27-05, 10:38 AM
aristogs05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
I plan to make it available for the 1st gen IS and 2nd Gen GS to start. Then depending on demand, maybe make it for other models of cars, (not just Lexus cars by the way).
Sounds like a plan ... the IS and GS will definitely sell!!! Hundreds of sets will be no problem!!!

Last edited by aristogs05; 05-27-05 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-27-05, 12:24 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a plan ... the IS and GS will definitely sell!!! Hundreds of sets will be no problem!!!
Well that all depends on the price and "selling hundreds" I seriously doubt it. The Tom's blinker kit has been available for years and you see very few people on CL with it. Cost was on the high side, which I'm sure contibutes to this.

IS owners in general are more price sensitive since the demographics of enthusiasts tends to be those younger with tighter budgets. So cost is a big factor on the IS. For the same money, other mods will probably take priority.

GS owners tend to have larger budgets, but in the past it has still been cost prohibitive. The mirror set up that Hameed is showing has been done for years now, but it was always a custom job and I can count on one hand how many CL members have done it in the past 4 years. Hameed is now working on this "kit" version which will eliminate the custom installation work and be more affordable to the masses. Now the price still has to be right of course and that's the key to these new mirrors selling.

Also Hameed the IS mirrors are a completely different design. They are 2 pieces outside so the design is going to be quite different than what you have designed for the GS. Also I'd say it is going to be easier to install in an IS since the cover can be removed quite easily.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-27-05 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 02:06 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I highly doubt that anybody can sell hundreds of these mirror covers..................... Even if they sell for $200.00 for example. Just by going on the interest expressed on this thread alone, we are not even at 20.
Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Well that all depends on the price and "selling hundreds" I seriously doubt it. The Tom's blinker kit has been available for years and you see very few people on CL with it. Cost was on the high side, which I'm sure contibutes to this.

IS owners in general are more price sensitive since the demographics of enthusiasts tends to be those younger with tighter budgets. So cost is a big factor on the IS. For the same money, other mods will probably take priority.

GS owners tend to have larger budgets, but in the past it has still been cost prohibitive. The mirror set up that Hameed is showing has been done for years now, but it was always a custom job and I can count on one hand how many CL members have done it in the past 4 years. Hameed is now working on this "kit" version which will eliminate the custom installation work and be more affordable to the masses. Now the price still has to be right of course and that's the key to these new mirrors selling.

Also Hameed the IS mirrors are a completely different design. They are 2 pieces outside so the design is going to be quite different than what you have designed for the GS. Also I'd say it is going to be easier to install in an IS since the cover can be removed quite easily.
Great insight Glen!

Anyone willing to donate a set of IS mirrors for the cause? You will get the mod for free in exchange!
Old 05-27-05, 04:48 PM
Belshe1993
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hameed
First of all your car is amazing!!!

Next if these goes into production (like we are all hoping) Will this be a complete kit with simple instructions or are we going to have to call Glen as well for wiring help Next how long do you predict installation will take? Can this be done at home or should we take it to the shop for this mod? I will not ask about cost because I know alot of things play into that factor. But I think with this quality of work and all the people on here that have fallen in love with yours already it should be easy to push alot of these out the door pretty fast

Thanks
Red
Old 05-27-05, 08:16 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a better look on how is done. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=2001HiTechGs
Old 05-27-05, 08:22 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Here is one from 2001HiTechGS. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=2001HiTechGs
Old 05-27-05, 08:23 PM
angelslex
Instructor

one more . https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...t/1/perpage/12
Old 05-28-05, 05:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Red Rover
Hameed
First of all your car is amazing!!!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Red Rover
]Next if these goes into production (like we are all hoping) Will this be a complete kit with simple instructions or are we going to have to call Glen as well for wiring help
Next how long do you predict installation will take? Can this be done at home or should we take it to the shop for this mod? I will not ask about cost because I know alot of things play into that factor. But I think with this quality of work and all the people on here that have fallen in love with yours already it should be easy to push alot of these out the door pretty fast

Thanks
Red
It will be a complete mirror cover replacement with the blinker already installed.

It will require painting though.

I will include wiring instructions. The wiring can be done at home. I am definitely not a DIY person and I was able to do it with Glen's help, so with detailed instructions, anyone can do it.

The first one I did (the left side), took me 4 hours, but the second one (the right side) took me only an hour.
Old 06-05-05, 06:45 AM
aristogs05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone knows about the status of this mod? I have some money burning in my pockets

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003