Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

91 Toyota Soarer 1JZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-14, 06:35 PM
koalakozie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Toyota Soarer 1JZ

Hello friends of Club Lexus. I'm pretty new to the forum, but I thought I'd throw up a bit of the history of my car. I picked up this '91 Soarer about 2 years ago, being from Canada and our awesome import laws. Bought it basically stock. Anyways hope you guys enjoy!
-1JZ
-R154
-Blitz intake
-HKS down pipe+custom exhaust
-2JZ water pump

Here it is the day I bought it.

Very quickly I found a great deal on a set of 18" Work Equips, sizing wasn't great on them but they were cheap enough that I wasn't too worried..
Fronts were 18x8.5 +40 and the rears were 18x9.5 +40. Also bought some Fortune Auto coilovers, and got them on right away.

Next up I did some simple interior stuff, picked up a Nardi Deepcorn 350mm.

I sold the Equips, made a slight profit and put on some random Japan made SSR knock offs that were laying around just before the winter was about to come.

The snow started to come very shortly after that....

So I took a road trip down to the beautiful state of California with some friends for Just Drifts All Star Bash 2012. Came out with the guys from HOTBOYZ and Driftunion, two pretty cool crews.

Steve's 2JZ, BN Blister Soarer.

Came home with the motivation to make a bit more power and be a bit more cooler... So I headed straight out to the shop some friends I had acquired.

Jordan fron HOTBOYZ had his Miata torn down really quick and already test fitting aero.

I pulled the 1JZ and began to do a single conversion. Here is just a spam of the pictures from the process of everything, didn't really organize or keep track of photos too well while I was doing everything.. Whoops. Cheaped out a bit on most things, was really doing a budget build.
Parts list:
-T3 Ebay GT30 style turbo
-Ebay manifold, braced and strengthened
-Precision 46mm wastegate
-Driftmotion downpipe
-Driftmotion intake
-Ebay FMIC, custom charge piping
-JDM 2JZ 440cc injectors
-Walbro 255 Fuel pump
-Apexi SAFC Neo Piggy back
-Spec stage 1 clutch

Engine back all assembled.

Literally got it done the day of our first local car meet of the year, had it running and driving but still with lots of loose ends on it. DODOLOGIC Defrost meet of 2013, here is me and my friends SR22, Top Secret, VS-KF, super sexy S13 posted up.

Then in Fall this is me with my car at their Fallout event, we only have one local car blog around here in our small city so they put on 2 fair sized meets every year. The guys are doing pretty well though and have some pretty sweet coverage and some awesome features.

Me being a real goofball and to quote Ryan Benoit, main editor of Dodologic.. "As I said, it’s the people who make these events great for me. Colin Gallagher was nice enough to pose next to his Toyota Soarer to show me some non-aggressive wheel fitment. Well, truth be told, Colin didn’t want me to take this photo so I yelled at him until he was okay with it."

Anyways, fall was upon us now and the snow was coming soon, so I had to just have some last fun with the car before I put it into storage for the winter time. I apologize for the quality of the video..

View My Video

The car has been sitting and I've been waiting patiently for spring.. well more like anxiously. Anyways, picked up some wheels that I'm super excited about. Still waiting for them to show up but really with the way our winter has been I'm not really in a rush. Wheels are SSR Angle Strusse.
Sizes:
19x10 +22 3.5" Lip
19x10.5 +6 5" Lip

Future plans right now are to get aero and fix some of the things I cheaped out on with the turbo set up. Switching over to some Powered by Max coilovers to go lower and have plans to do some fairly aggressive fender work/body work and run the Shine kit.

Thanks for looking!
Old 03-11-14, 08:00 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What a nice pick up. I can't wait to see this thing finished. But is it ever finished completely? That's the real question. Good to see that you stuck with the 1jzgte. Way to represent. What hp are you shooting for?
Old 03-11-14, 09:20 PM
koalakozie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
What a nice pick up. I can't wait to see this thing finished. But is it ever finished completely? That's the real question. Good to see that you stuck with the 1jzgte. Way to represent. What hp are you shooting for?
Thanks a lot! Honestly I'm not even sure. We don't even really have any dynos in town so I probably won't even ever get to see real numbers. Long run I'd like to make around 500whp though, doubt I'll make that this year though. I love the 1jz though, almost bought a 2jz this year since the engine seemed like it was having issues but it was just tuning and bad spark.
Old 03-12-14, 04:57 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome, and SC looks great! 1J <3.

I've been entertaining those SSRs since they were introduced and am really anxious to see them on your car.
Old 03-12-14, 09:25 AM
chungsta
Driver School Candidate

Oh hey lolin!
Old 03-12-14, 09:51 AM
koalakozie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by soarer213
Welcome, and SC looks great! 1J <3.

I've been entertaining those SSRs since they were introduced and am really anxious to see them on your car.
Thanks man! I'm super excited for the wheels aswell, I've always liked the style. I'll have pictures as soon as I get them.
Old 03-12-14, 10:05 AM
Knuckleup
Driver

Great looking soarer man. Excited to see what else you do with this build!
Old 03-12-14, 01:03 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-14, 06:00 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Soarer represent!! That's a nice ride! Can wait to see those wheels on! And a shine kit.. ****** yeah, it's gonna be awesome! Keeping the same color?

Btw.. how do you like the right hand drive?
Old 03-12-14, 06:13 PM
koalakozie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biturbo632
Soarer represent!! That's a nice ride! Can wait to see those wheels on! And a shine kit.. ****** yeah, it's gonna be awesome! Keeping the same color?

Btw.. how do you like the right hand drive?
For now I'm sticking with the jade mica colour, we'll see where it takes me though. Wouldn't mind changing the colour thats for sure. Right hand drive is fun haha, however pretty common here in SK.
Old 03-12-14, 06:34 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koalakozie
For now I'm sticking with the jade mica colour, we'll see where it takes me though. Wouldn't mind changing the colour thats for sure. Right hand drive is fun haha, however pretty common here in SK.
Your Lucky to be able to still import cars. They jam it in Quebec, it was 15 years old and more and now it's 25! since 2011.

But I have mine since 2008. So....
Old 03-12-14, 08:17 PM
koalakozie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biturbo632
Your Lucky to be able to still import cars. They jam it in Quebec, it was 15 years old and more and now it's 25! since 2011.

But I have mine since 2008. So....
Yeah I heard you guys got screwed with the laws, real bummer.. At least you got to keep yours though! I hope they don't ever take them away from us, they are starting to get a little bit worse about the inspections though... Oh and by the way I checked out your build a few days ago, car looks great! Super clean 2j swap my friend .
Old 03-18-14, 08:07 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koalakozie
Yeah I heard you guys got screwed with the laws, real bummer.. At least you got to keep yours though! I hope they don't ever take them away from us, they are starting to get a little bit worse about the inspections though... Oh and by the way I checked out your build a few days ago, car looks great! Super clean 2j swap my friend .
I hope they get back to 15yrs. And thanks for my build! You can go see the nearest update as I was having trouble uploading the pictures. Fresh paint and more!

I'll keep an eye on yours!
Old 03-20-14, 07:01 PM
PericoSC
Driver School Candidate

Nice lookin SC
Old 03-20-14, 07:34 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Good progress...and much respect that you got a Toyota Soarer...