**Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 06:30 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**

CAR IS NOW FOR SALE!!!
I recently acquired a Black/Black 97 SC300 5 speed that Gerrb picked up for me and he took my 93 sc300 that was red. The car is 1-120 made that were 97 5speed. Since it is Black and Extremely Rare I named her "Pearl" and the Build thread name is Project "Black Pearl" since black pearls are so rare. The car has to have a girl name...LOL It has a TT Supra LSD installed in it. The Car has the Megan racing Coilover suspension installed on it already. The Car is immaculant inside and out!! The GE engine was removed and Gerrb has it as his house. I plan to make 550-600hp with the car, but most importantly have it tuned reliably. Still dont know who will tune it yet. If you have any suggestions let me know.
I purchased the following to install in the car-
-Aristo 2JZGTE engine from JEI
- R154 Tranny
-Megan Racing Engine mounts
- AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
- AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
- AEM Serial Gauge
- AEM-Boost Gauge
- 4" Downpipe/Midpipe
- Titan Fluid Dampner- Kevin @ MVP
- TT Fuel Pump-One new and a used one off Supra Forums
-Bosch 750 Hi Impedance Injectors
-Aeromotive Fuel Regulator
-Forge Performance radiator
-Borg Warner S363 Turbo
-Tial BOV
-HKS Wastegate
-ARP Headstuds- MVP performance-Kevin
-CX Racing Manifold with Welded supports
Items Next to purchase;
-Cometic Head gasket-Went with OEM headgasketMVP performance-Kevin
-Aisin Water Pump -Purchased
-Aisin Oil Pump-Purchased
-HKS Timing Belt-Gates Belt PurchasedMVP performance
-1jzgte Flywheel-Fidanza 1jzgte Purchased
-South Bend Clutch-Stage 3Drag Purchased
-Blitz Nur Spec Dual Mufflers(Custom Exhaust Piping)-Going custom- 2 Greddy EVO 2 cans/3" inlet on both-Purchased
-AEM V2-MVP performance-Kevin
-Supra Clutch Fan and Shroud- Purchased from Aaron @ Drift Motion
-AEM Wideband/Boost Multi Display-PurchasedMVP performance-Kevin
- Turbo Timer-Purchased but don't need MVP performance

Here is the Car
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Hope you guys like it and will help me out along the way. I dont know everything so I will need advice and guidance along the way. Thanks guys!

Last edited by geauxsimon; 07-30-14 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-07-13, 07:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Am jealous .. 1 of 120 1997 5 Speed and to top it off Black on Black ... I should have kept that car ... lmaol . Nah , I know it is in good hands and you will take good care of it.

btw , Rey will restore that GE engine as NA-T , just like the way it was when Adam owned the car.
Old 11-07-13, 07:15 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice, Uber rear.

I would recommend going OEM motor mounts. I had the Megan onses for no more than 6 months, and they ripped.
Old 11-07-13, 07:17 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome car, good luck with the project. I think you should convert it to an a340e just to screw with the purists
Old 11-07-13, 09:04 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Awesome car, good luck with the project. I think you should convert it to an a340e just to screw with the purists
HAHAHA dont think that will happen! LOL
Old 11-07-13, 09:06 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Am jealous .. 1 of 120 1997 5 Speed and to top it off Black on Black ... I should have kept that car ... lmaol . Nah , I know it is in good hands and you will take good care of it.

btw , Rey will restore that GE engine as NA-T , just like the way it was when Adam owned the car.
I put boxes/towels/garbage bags..whatever I could find to put around my car so the kids cant get near it in the garage while Im gone!LOL Im a nervous wreck one of the kids are going to accidentally hit it with something. LOL
Old 11-07-13, 09:20 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So, here's my twin and almost the same power mods...

Subscribed and happy modding

Originally Posted by stockhatch
I agree haha.

All of you guys have name for your cars! Should I go with the "Blacker pearl"? What do you say gerrb?
Old 11-08-13, 04:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Aaron - just re-read your what to buy stuff. Just wondering why you chose cometic head gasket ? Based on my readings , even the big boys in the league use the OEM / Stock Toyota 2jzgte head gasket .

For tuning , you are very near TopSpeed on Highway 9 at exit 12 GA 400 . They do a good job tuning AEM boxes. They have tuned a lot of local supras around.

Those little pretty kids of yours may one day scratch that car while playing.. I can see that , especially that cute boy of yours who seems to be naughty like his dad... hahaha.
Old 11-08-13, 05:40 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

You don't need the supra clutch and fan. You only need the fan blade for the gte motor and you would want the shroud if you are using a supra radiator. I would definitely recommend the trd motor mounts over the Megan and the gte head gasket. Also if you are getting bigger injector I say go for 1000cc or more if you every wanna run e 85 you could. Aem v2 flex fuel option.
Old 11-08-13, 06:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Aaron - just re-read your what to buy stuff. Just wondering why you chose cometic head gasket ? Based on my readings , even the big boys in the league use the OEM / Stock Toyota 2jzgte head gasket .

For tuning , you are very near TopSpeed on Highway 9 at exit 12 GA 400 . They do a good job tuning AEM boxes. They have tuned a lot of local supras around.

Those little pretty kids of yours may one day scratch that car while playing.. I can see that , especially that cute boy of yours who seems to be naughty like his dad... hahaha.
They better not SCRATCH MY CAR!!! I actually just purchased a OEM headgasket today. Im glad to hear TopSpeed is recommended- What about Speed for Sale?
Old 11-08-13, 06:45 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Originally Posted by jwin
You don't need the supra clutch and fan. You only need the fan blade for the gte motor and you would want the shroud if you are using a supra radiator. I would definitely recommend the trd motor mounts over the Megan and the gte head gasket. Also if you are getting bigger injector I say go for 1000cc or more if you every wanna run e 85 you could. Aem v2 flex fuel option.
your right-Im just looking for gte fan, Unfortunately I already purchased the megan mounts. Im shooting for 650hp max thats why I got the 750cc injectors-
Old 11-08-13, 06:46 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Guys should I have went higher than 750cc on the injectors?
Old 11-08-13, 07:10 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

If you need more you have it there and the price difference isn't bad unless you go over 1000cc. Bnib id1000 are 700 ish. Bosch ev14 made by someone else for 1000cc is about 4-500. 650hp I would go with 1000cc or more if you want to push e85.
Old 11-08-13, 08:36 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an FYI, you're 97 5spd black on black is a 1 of 50, not 1 of 120 ..make sure you take REAL good care of her, which from the sounds of it - you are
Old 11-08-13, 09:11 PM
mIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Score! Nice *** sc!

Quick Reply: **Project "Black Pearl" 1 of 120 97 5speed**