Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 07:06 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a wald frp trunk spoiler which as some of you will eventually get to know me... I don't like to wait. Lol

I vinyl wrapped it in cf vinyl and stuck it onto the trunk with 3M double stick tape. Don't really like how slightly uneven it fits but I'll be molding it in soon. I'll post pics later today.

Last edited by e46m3lol; 03-31-13 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-30-13, 08:07 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Loving the orange keep up good work !
Old 03-31-13, 07:41 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Removed the vinyl wrap and now it's back to its beautiful tungsten pearl color

Pics of the soon to be molded wald trunk spoiler:

Today I'm going to do an oil change, remove the front plastic fender liners and put some 10mm spacers. Hopefully it doesn't rub anymore.
Old 03-31-13, 10:34 AM
Adam350is
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rather impressed you do all that wrap. i pay someone to do it for me haha. shoulda just asked you and pay you a lil on the side

i was digging the orange and black. super sick and vinyl wrapping is the way to go. cheaper than paint, and can always change it up + protects the original paint. and if any lil piece gets damaged you can jsut replace that area of the wrap! loving the wheels + drop. keep it up!
Old 03-31-13, 10:41 AM
goldzilla
Rookie

props on the wrapped by urself.
I noticed Cali peeps love doing cat/resonators deleted, My boy's clk in Cali also did cat/resonators deleted lol
Old 03-31-13, 10:47 AM
EricC
Driver School Candidate

When you remove the vinyl wrap, does it hurt the paint at all?
Old 04-01-13, 04:55 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Adam350is
rather impressed you do all that wrap. i pay someone to do it for me haha. shoulda just asked you and pay you a lil on the side

i was digging the orange and black. super sick and vinyl wrapping is the way to go. cheaper than paint, and can always change it up + protects the original paint. and if any lil piece gets damaged you can jsut replace that area of the wrap! loving the wheels + drop. keep it up!
I'm down to help out forum members in anyway possible. If you are local to me you are more than welcome to come over to my place and I'll show you how to vinyl wrap.

Originally Posted by goldzilla
props on the wrapped by urself.
I noticed Cali peeps love doing cat/resonators deleted, My boy's clk in Cali also did cat/resonators deleted lol
Thanks brotha... and yes I've seen a lot of guys running custom catless and resonator delete setups around here. I did that to my e46 m3 and it sounded perfect! The CLK must sound disgustingly nice!!

Originally Posted by EricC
When you remove the vinyl wrap, does it hurt the paint at all?
Vinyl wrap won't hurt the paint at all as long as it is OEM paint. I have had instances when I wrap over a repainted area on a car and it will peel the clear coat off so you do have to watch out for that. Other than that if you have OEM paint you can wrap, wrap wrap and re wrap all you want
Old 04-04-13, 08:20 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

So after looking through tons of pictures and threads on exhaust systems for the is250... I decided to make my own and this is where I am at now. Still tuning it by adding/ removing glass packs and X / H pipe mid section.

Decided to go straight through single pipe coming down from each header:

And once i got home like at midnight... I wrapped RVCA's chrome grill in 3M gloss black vinyl wrap

Last edited by e46m3lol; 04-04-13 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-04-13, 08:43 AM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gonna need a video on the exhaust, but my guess is very loud and raspy...and not in a good way.
Old 04-04-13, 08:55 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Gonna need a video on the exhaust, but my guess is very loud and raspy...and not in a good way.

My butt dyno says it did make a slight increase in power. lol

I'll make a go pro video today after work and upload it on here.

I want loud so I have that down so far but still need to mess with something so I can get a nice rasp to it. It sounds too gross and distorted from 3-4k rpm. After 4k rpm it sounds so nice, raspy and loud
Old 04-05-13, 09:13 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Last night i went to the exhaust shop and added 2 twin loop mufflers on the back along with the already existing 2 maganaflow glasspacks. Sounded way too quiet!

Went back to the exhaust shop once again this morning and I think I finally got the sound right... full catless non resonated H pipe midsection with 2 twin loop mufflers on the back.

Old 04-05-13, 07:38 PM
2genIS
Pole Position

Wow... like the orange color wrap... prop for the work bro...

I really like your carbon fiber wrap... do you get good deal on the wrap material...?? ebay sell around $180 or shop can do it for $300 w/ 3yrs warranty..
Old 04-06-13, 12:48 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

your car is coming along nicely! just one question- how are the function and forms treating you, as in terms of ride quality and handling? I've been thinking about switching over once my Megans need to be rebuilt
Old 04-08-13, 08:32 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2genIS
Wow... like the orange color wrap... prop for the work bro...

I really like your carbon fiber wrap... do you get good deal on the wrap material...?? ebay sell around $180 or shop can do it for $300 w/ 3yrs warranty..
Thanks!

I buy the material by the full roll plus i get it at wholesale pricing so I would have to say that yes by you buying $180 worth of vinyl from ebay it is a little pricey.

$300 to wrap your interior? I usually charge around $200 for that but of course it depends in what area you're in as I know here in California we have a lot of competition when it comes to wrapping.

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
your car is coming along nicely! just one question- how are the function and forms treating you, as in terms of ride quality and handling? I've been thinking about switching over once my Megans need to be rebuilt
I really like them. No complaints so far and I have put about 1000 miles on them in the last 2 weeks that I've had them.

On my previous e46 and e46 M3 I had tried a bunch of setups like megan, ST coilovers (made by KW), D2, Racelands and I have to say that the Function Form coilovers really feel like the ST's. Haven't had a chance to put them through a canyon run or track day so that will be the ultimate test. I drive with them at about half way dampening and they're so comfortable and gf friendly lol

No clunking, rattling, sqeaking or any of that stuff that I have read from other members.
Old 04-08-13, 08:33 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

The car wasn't loud enough so I went back to the exhaust shop and got another custom made exhaust system and I think now it sounds perfect!

A little parking lot fun with both valves wide open:

Quick Reply: e46m3lol's never ending mod list (07is250) track/ show car | TONS OF PICS!!