Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

After nearly 2 years at 350rwhp... its time for a change.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 08:29 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwin
I can get the shifter extended for you for 150 plus shipping back to you.
Thats nice to know. Gonna do a couple things today so I can try to get it to pass emissions. If I do, next weekend starts the fun.
Old 03-03-13, 06:50 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Got a few things done today, didnt take any pics cuz they are temporary. Getting the exhaust on there fixed tomorrow so I can try to go pass emissions. Bought a universal cat to weld in for the visual inspection... so annoying.

Installed the driftmotion pulley kit, looks decent. Waiting on titan dampener to show up. Lol... this week is gonna be like christmas... have like 12 shipments showing up.
Old 03-05-13, 09:58 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Decided to try to go thru emissions without doing the cat... they didnt even notice. Put 2 gallons of Shell 91 octane in and 3 gallons of e85. Drove for about 20 minutes on the highway and then went to emissions.

Passed on visual and on the run test. Got my plates renewed so its on for this weekend, assuming all my stuff shows up. Gonna put everything on while im waiting to find a 5 spd swap.
Old 03-05-13, 01:23 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

haha I'll have to remember that one hopefully it didn't drive too bad on the E85. There were a couple r154's on craigslist not too long ago but I think they are gone now. good luck with the install.
Old 03-05-13, 01:39 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, ive done it for years on regular cars. It runs just fine. still get good afr's but i dont boost at all while normal driving.

I have seen a few here and there. Im not in too big of a rush on that. Itll happen when it does, for now I just wanna get all the other stuff in and sorted and thatll be the last thing.
Old 03-11-13, 02:40 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

FFIM courtesy of Omar... gonna polish it before it goes in, got many other thing that go with this too...

As you can tell... and this is about half...
Old 03-13-13, 11:43 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Still waiting on TITAN of all places to ship me the things I ordered... been almost 3 weeks, getting pretty annoyed.
Old 03-13-13, 11:55 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Coming along my friend !

I konw how it feels to get stuck waitiing on parts.
Old 03-13-13, 11:56 PM
onlydrinkk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you ever thought about doing the 350z 6speed trans swap. Its a cheaper setup then a used V160 and you get the added gear
Old 03-14-13, 09:29 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

I wanna see it done with less crazy fabbing and be a consistent performer first. I dont like to guinea pig anything on a car I daily drive, nor do I want it to be down for a month waiting on the only guy that makes the components to come thru. Ill be fine with a r154 and then if I change my mind, ill just do the easy swap of the v160. Its not that expensive compared to the time and energy spent making a nissan tranny work.
Old 03-14-13, 10:29 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the shifter will come into the right location even with it shorten to the max. you are a few inches too long still. I was reading a thread about the swap.
Old 03-14-13, 10:59 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lookEVO
I wanna see it done with less crazy fabbing and be a consistent performer first. I dont like to guinea pig anything on a car I daily drive, nor do I want it to be down for a month waiting on the only guy that makes the components to come thru. Ill be fine with a r154 and then if I change my mind, ill just do the easy swap of the v160. Its not that expensive compared to the time and energy spent making a nissan tranny work.
+1 You are absolutely right about that this is why i decided to stay away, it's too many mix and match parts .

Not knocking on it , i like to try different stuff BUT this one
Old 03-21-13, 01:44 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

FINALLY, my stuff from Titan showed up after I called and *****ed 3 times. Ordered a few more things from Driftmotion too. Ill take a few pics of the updated pile o' parts when I consolidate it all.

Now, just waiting ion the weather to cooperate. Its supposed to be snowy and crappy here again this weekend and Im getting real sick of it.

I pretty much have everything lined up... once the semester is over, that when Ill look into the tranny and put together the r154 swap.
Old 03-21-13, 01:47 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like you are moving right along. Can't wait to see you put everything together.
Old 03-21-13, 01:48 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lookEVO
FINALLY, my stuff from Titan showed up after I called and *****ed 3 times. Ordered a few more things from Driftmotion too. Ill take a few pics of the updated pile o' parts when I consolidate it all.

Now, just waiting ion the weather to cooperate. Its supposed to be snowy and crappy here again this weekend and Im getting real sick of it.

I pretty much have everything lined up... once the semester is over, that when Ill look into the tranny and put together the r154 swap.
I have perosnally never ordered anything from Titan, but the reviews say slow shipments. Maybe they have been affected by the government furlough.

Yeah, the weather there is supposed to be pretty crappy after I saw this mornings weather report. Heck even Alabama is supposed to get a light percipation mixed with sleet and snow. This sucks. I hate snow.

For the time being, concentrate on your studies and get it done. I finished my Bachelors while I was building my car as well. Now since my swap is done, I have concentrated on my Master's. You will love the R154, as I do, even with the stock rear end.

Quick Reply: After nearly 2 years at 350rwhp... its time for a change.