Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 07:32 PM
vbieds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate the help. I didn't have the money to go single at all. The object was to get the car back on the road in one piece since the other engine blew.

Old 03-02-13, 08:55 PM
vbieds
Driver

Red face

Originally Posted by Meyagi
probably the same outfit i got mine from, i also bought a 1jz swap from them for my brothers SC. good guys to deal with.

first thing you need to do is take the pcv valve out and plug the hose off with a bolt and try driving the car into boost. my pcv was stuck and it made a mess everywhere and barely made any boost. when i got my swap i pulled the turbos off and there was a ton of oil in them and in the inlet pipes, i think the dismantlers in JP put oil in everything to prevent corrosion. i cleaned all the oil out and its been fine ever since i replaced my pcv valve. the pcv will stick open and boost will blow oil thru the valve covers and into the inlet pipe for the turbos via the vent on the other side of the motor.. try plugging the pcv hose up at the intake manifold and give it a shot.
Meyagi, I swapped the pcv with the one that I had on the GE engine. It was brand new. After I get a fitting for my catch can, Ill get it started up and report back.
Old 03-03-13, 12:15 PM
vbieds
Driver

Meyagi, swapped the pcv and ran the car. A little smoke on startup, no more oil spraying everywhere. Ill have to wait to see what happens when I take the car on the road. Now, my oil, windshield wiper fluid and light out indicators are on. I dunno wtf. Im starting to think that I have a bad ecu, because of the prior starting problems. Going to try and call the seller on Monday. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-13, 03:57 PM
vbieds
Driver

Still a no go, oil everywhere in the throttle body and intake. Also have intercooler hoses popping off. Video below.

http://s384.beta.photobucket.com/use...66aa7.mp4.html
Old 03-03-13, 03:59 PM
vbieds
Driver

http://s384.beta.photobucket.com/use...0e26c.mp4.html
Old 03-03-13, 04:41 PM
2jS160
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IC hose popping off is from over boost or from inferior worm clamps. Invest in t-bolt clamps that be locally sourced at a marine supply store or online. White smoke coming out from the exhaust is an indication of burning oil.
Old 03-03-13, 05:16 PM
SiCcNeSs
Rookie

Is there oil in the down pipe?
Old 03-03-13, 08:27 PM
Meyagi
Driver

sounds like you have a bad turbo then.... ill be swapping mine out for a borg warner soon if you can wait
Old 03-04-13, 09:56 AM
vbieds
Driver

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Meyagi
sounds like you have a bad turbo then.... ill be swapping mine out for a borg warner soon if you can wait
Just let me know, Im actually interested. Id like to verify that the seals are bad, and I dont have a bad ecu..

Originally Posted by SiCcNeSs
Is there oil in the down pipe?
Yes, there was a build up of oil in the pipe. It smelled like a mix of oil and fuel.

Originally Posted by 2jS160
IC hose popping off is from over boost or from inferior worm clamps. Invest in t-bolt clamps that be locally sourced at a marine supply store or online. White smoke coming out from the exhaust is an indication of burning oil.
I was figuring that about the smoke, and beleived it was from the oil in the intake and exhaust pipes. I also thought that the oil pressing out could have been from overboost as well. I have a three inch pipe from the o2 sensor cat back to the stock y pipe. I have stock pipes, then I have two aftermarket mufflers. I AM NOT running a restrictor at all. I figured that the stok y pipe would have been enough back pressure. Maybe I am wrong?? I have no BPU upgrades at all.

I got the car running last night after connecting the ic pipes back together. No problems, no smoke. My problems begin when the car is run on the highway, I hear a loud pop, then the car shuts completely off and will not restart. I limped it home yesterday at about 20 mph and lots of gas and black smoke pouring out.
Old 03-04-13, 10:50 AM
SiCcNeSs
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbieds

Yes, there was a build up of oil in the pipe. It smelled like a mix of oil and fuel.
Its your turbo seals.
Old 03-04-13, 02:23 PM
vbieds
Driver

Originally Posted by SiCcNeSs
Its your turbo seals.
Thanks for your info man.
Old 03-05-13, 01:13 PM
vbieds
Driver

Just a little update, JP is sending me a new ecu and twins. Anyone have a diy for the twins removal?
Old 03-07-13, 05:12 PM
vbieds
Driver

Old 03-07-13, 06:55 PM
Meyagi
Driver

do your valve cover gaskets while your in there. they are probably hard and brittle.
Old 03-10-13, 05:14 PM
vbieds
Driver

Thanks. Still fighting to get these off.

Quick Reply: My 2jzgte swap