Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 10:41 AM
suprahero
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've often wondered why people say it, but now I know.......................Once you go black, you never go back.......lol

Great job Mark.
Old 02-25-13, 02:27 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Jay took delivery of the car.

He came over this morning and we finished up all the loose ends.

We mounted and figured out the boost controller, it was a ground issue. Wire was left exposed and wrapped around a nut. Mounted the center console in completely. Now I know why the shifter bezel didn't have to modified. I didnt mount the console all the way up to the dash, which was good. Jay didnt want me to cut the new bezel. Anyway it worked out. Figured out the brake problem after we swapped out the relay with mine, it was the brake sensor on pedal. Now that works. The radio dvd issue was fixed by buying the Alpine Model TR-7 PAC universal trigger. The red wire wire on unit goes to red on radio, the black wire goes to black or ground of radio, the green wire on unit goes to the blue wire on radio, and the white wire on unit goes to the green wire. BAMMMMMMMM, it worked like a charm. Installed the rubber seal along hood. He was actually missing the metal trim, so we found one and now it is fixed. Worked on the cluster and one of the new needles isnt working correctly. I installed the new needle and it also doenst light up, but this way he can still tell how fast he is going. The mph needle didnt work at all, I accidentally left a screw out of the cluster. I will now need to send off the needle that doesnt work. I switched them around to make sure it wasnt the cluster itself, but a no go. Its the needle.

Anyway, I believe Jay is now happy and is only missing a working needle for mph, and awaiting the HID kit for the headlights. I also painted his rear view mirror. I forgot. Enjoy the last of the pictures...

Jay has officially took delivery of the car, and all I wanted was a thank you and a good job. I received this and a good hand shake. He is very pleased.

Old 02-25-13, 03:22 PM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,

You've definitely out done yourself and I know that Jay is over the moon with his car finally running and looking good. You've set the bar for the rest of us...I can only hope I can come close to making my look as sweet!

See you boys in April!

-JB
Old 02-25-13, 03:49 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Mike,

You've definitely out done yourself and I know that Jay is over the moon with his car finally running and looking good. You've set the bar for the rest of us...I can only hope I can come close to making my look as sweet!

See you boys in April!

-JB
Thanks man. We should be there. Jays interior turned out better than mine in my opinion. Its Mark not Mike..... lol
Old 02-25-13, 04:42 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats on finishing up the project my friend!

Doesn't it feel a little sad when you finish and the next day there is nothing to do?
Old 02-25-13, 04:45 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Congrats on finishing up the project my friend!

Doesn't it feel a little sad when you finish and the next day there is nothing to do?
It actually does. I have a few things I need to do to mine. I now have time to do the center bearing on driveshaft and the right rear wheel bearing. I do have another SC that needs work but no funds from the owner. It has been here near 3 months. He is awaiting his bonus check.
Old 02-25-13, 06:07 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome ending Mark! Thx for sharing, and Jay-enjoy your super clean SC bro!

steve
Old 02-25-13, 08:29 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man great job absolutely great job!.. Finished product looks awesome..
Old 02-25-13, 08:39 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

this is prob one of the best threads ive seen on this forum so far. the attention to detail, using good SEM paint, just everything was superb. im usually not the one to easily impress and one of the guys who would say save the money and find one with the right color combo you want but honestly you did it right. Reading that you would do it all over again for 600, my jaw literally dropped. Shops would charge 2000-5000 for a job like this, when you factor in the time involved. almost wants me to buy tan interior car for a good deal and letting you work your magic. I dont say this much, but good damn job.
Old 02-26-13, 11:26 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I appreciate all the positve and supporting comments. Thanks people. Jay is a very happy camper, as we say here in Alabama!!!
Old 02-26-13, 11:28 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the great read and detailed story. Amazed at the transformation and effort put into the car as if it were your own.
Old 02-26-13, 11:36 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Thanks for the great read and detailed story. Amazed at the transformation and effort put into the car as if it were your own.
No, thank you for taking the time out and reading it. I tried to provide as many pictures as I possibly could, but I couldnt. I think I took over 700 alone of this build transformation.

Jay has been told several things from many people and in the mix of things, it didnt happen as he was described. Bottom line, I text, called or emailed Jay pretty much everyday that I worked on it, keeping him updated and informed. I also printed off all the actual receipts and put them in a folder and hand delivered it to him yesterday. There is NO question what I spent on this and he has proof just for assurance. and insurance purposes.
Old 02-26-13, 01:34 PM
supraclone
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well after spending yesterday with mark. And watching his attention to detail and perfection. I am 150% satisfied. We already have plan to let mark do more to the car such as converting the other lights to HID's, Cleaning up the engine bay and wiring, And misc items. It cost a lil more in parts than we first thought but mark wanted to use the best we could not to spare the quality. After seeing some of the wiring and connections done by all shops ive used, its definitely something on the upcoming list. Along with tires and rims to fix my no traction issue. I hope Mark gets some white needles and it fixes my gas gauge. after all of that will be exterior paint and body. Thanks Again MARK.... AKA Satan's Clone 300 "no traction in any gear"
Old 02-26-13, 03:01 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Love this build! Subscribing.
Old 02-26-13, 04:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by supraclone
Ok, well after spending yesterday with mark. And watching his attention to detail and perfection. I am 150% satisfied. We already have plan to let mark do more to the car such as converting the other lights to HID's, Cleaning up the engine bay and wiring, And misc items. It cost a lil more in parts than we first thought but mark wanted to use the best we could not to spare the quality. After seeing some of the wiring and connections done by all shops ive used, its definitely something on the upcoming list. Along with tires and rims to fix my no traction issue. I hope Mark gets some white needles and it fixes my gas gauge. after all of that will be exterior paint and body. Thanks Again MARK.... AKA Satan's Clone 300 "no traction in any gear"
Thanks Jay. Just be careful; getting in and out of it. It should do very well, like mine has the past couple of years. I hope the needles will work. I did PM OLT about that, and if indeed they are white, they will do it for free for us. If I understood it correctly. This was the letter I posted earlier in the thread that was in the box with the center vent.

Quick Reply: Jay's 93 SC300 2JZGTE, Interior Redone by your's truly, 1JZPWRD !!