Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Bojangles UCF10 Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12, 02:57 PM
Bojangles
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bojangles UCF10 Build

Hey CL! I've been meaning to put together my ls400 build but havent got a chance to sort all my photos out to post it up in order. Well let me introduce myself, Name is David and im staying out here in San Diego, California. I randomly came across this car when my brother brought it home and was ready to sell it for profit. I fell in love because of the condition, the interior is mint but there are some exterior flaws that I want to fix in the future. Here's a picture of my other car which is down right now and maybe some of you guys might know me by it.

I bought the LS400 in March of 2012. The day it was officially my car.

Well I took it up north about 2 hours away to pick up my dad, on the way home the car just died. I had no idea what was wrong with the car.

Well I took the car apart and noticed the fan clutch bracket was broken, the bearing inside pretty much just blew up which caused my car to jump 6 teeth on timing. Heres a pic of the bracket, the piece with the four studs isnt suppose to come off like that.

Took a trip to the Ecology and found a brand used one it was fairly new and cleaned it up a little and installed it.

Also I picked up some other goods from the junk yard.

Also I changed the spark plugs since the previous owner before my brother used some crappy Autolites.

Well I got the car back up and running! So I took it out for a nice wash since it was sitting for about a month..

Old 12-13-12, 03:17 PM
Bojangles
Driver School Candidate

Well I wanted to get rid of the car cause I was frustrated that I was putting money into the LS instead of fixing the corolla. But then those second thoughts went away because I was starting to get attached to this car after driving it daily. I got tired of height and saved up and picked up some BC Racing coilovers! Went through Autofashion and got a fair deal on them.

Out of the box height.

Old 12-13-12, 03:32 PM
denverdog
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mileage? price? how about some interior photos?
Old 12-13-12, 05:50 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

nice and welcome! i know you have more updates b/c i saw the car at socal euro with wheels!

love the offset on your demon cambers on the rolla!
Old 12-17-12, 10:55 AM
Bojangles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
nice and welcome! i know you have more updates b/c i saw the car at socal euro with wheels!

love the offset on your demon cambers on the rolla!
Thank you! Yea I had wheels lol the LS has gone through some changes the past month.

UPDATE:

Headed down to the Pick your part and scored some 93-94 sideskirts, left side door caps and the other caps that go on the fenders and rear door for the conversion. I still need to hunt for the passenger side door caps -.- Also picked up a 93-94 rear valence, new passenger mirror, and a front left fender.

Got the car with a chipped passenger mirror, found one thats the same color for about 7 bucks.

New one.

Wet sanded them down and gave it a spray of flatblack.

Picked up two cans of color match from NAPA, this was the closest they can mix up to match up my paint. Plans are to get the rest of my door caps and get a full respray on the lower half of my car.

Old 12-17-12, 01:13 PM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Looks good
Old 12-17-12, 06:31 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bojangles FTW!!! Sup Fam! Great progress on the ls man!