Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

I startz thread for reasonz ....Build Thread

Old 05-12-14, 01:51 PM
SSG77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car. Could you post pics of the rear roof spoiler. I'm debating between the CF or getting it body matched starfire pearl! Thanks.
Old 05-12-14, 07:49 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking good!
Old 05-16-14, 09:17 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by myfly350
i wanna see this with the coilover drop
Me too lol

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Nice! Time to put the coils Mike

By the way, did you get the full kit ? Or just the sides and front lip?
Thanks! It is the carbofiber
lip
side skirts
roof spoiler

I did not go with the rear like you did.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I like the lip its very subtle.
Thanks, it fits her look well and matches the gloss graphite wheels well.

Originally Posted by SSG77
Great looking car. Could you post pics of the rear roof spoiler. I'm debating between the CF or getting it body matched starfire pearl! Thanks.
I will get some done soon.

Originally Posted by dseag2
Looking good!
Thanks!

Old 05-16-14, 11:31 AM
mdhaliwal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so torn between these and the VFS-2's, although I think I would want to go with the silver polished look on my black 4GS.

Lex..how hard are these to clean??
Old 06-26-14, 08:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mdhaliwal
[IMG]https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-fourth-generation/gs-fourth-generation/attachments/gs-fourth-generation/278800d1365121222-i-startz-thread-for-reasonz-build-thread-drop19

I am so torn between these and the VFS-2's, although I think I would want to go with the silver polished look on my black 4GS.

Lex..how hard are these to clean??
Hi, just saw this. This and the VFS-2 are on the harder to clean side since they have thin spokes. I use Eagle One products and with some microfiber and a small thin brush it wasn't too bad. If I wanted to really get crazy and clean the inner barrel, I had to just take my time and slide under the car.

My wife continues to prefer the dark OEMish look of the graphite colors.

Last edited by LexFather; 06-26-14 at 08:24 PM.

Old 06-26-14, 08:19 PM
LexFather

We have been using the "Mobile Home" with much success. It allows us to control SIRI on the iPhone through the car using the bluetooth. I find it much easier to navigate and use than the stock OEM Voice controls. I really love it and have been meaning to let people know more about it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...with-siri.html

My wife is a little upset as I have the RS-R coilovers (dirty things as she says lol) in the trunk. For a different random reasons the install still has not happened lol. At one point I was just going to not even do it anymore. I will make one last attempt next week.

We recently had our first child

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...f-sport-5.html

and have been mostly using the LS since our mothers are with us and the car has much more space and a softer and more compliant ride, even with 22s! The last couple of days we drove the GS with the baby and she's commented on the space difference. There is also a big difference in compliance over speed bumps of all things. The GS goes over them with a big thud, the LS almost floats over them. Also around town, the GS rightfully is more connected to the road and offers more vibrations inside. Great for fun but it has my wife bringing up the RX for the first time in months. Oh oh

Overall though, she loves her car still and loves the kit. I didn't realize how good it looked as a package until one day we were driving separate cars together and I saw her rolling by.

Old 07-01-14, 07:35 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Been a while since I have been in here, but car is lookin good!
Old 07-23-14, 10:24 AM
LexFather

Of course I still haven't put on the bloody coilovers....I plan to include it in a video maybe...

For the past 3 days I've been driving the GS and even after 18 months or so I still love driving this car full blast. It is an absolute hoot to drive, it is so engaging and fun. It has a certain charisma lacking in most vehicles and instead of cruising around I find myself taking any ramps a little faster than normal

I drove a 2014 E63 S recently and it drives so much better than a stock E class. The GS and E63 really handle and drive very very similar. Until you get to that engine With 4-matic and 577 hp, nearly DOUBLE of the GS, it is ridiculously fast. The chassis and steering handle the engine very well though it is so fast you find yourself at obscene speeds in any gear very quickly...

How I dreamt of this engine in the GS!!! I'm hearing now GS F 500hp or so rumors and that would do quite nicely

Old 08-03-14, 03:02 PM
LexFather

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...with-siri.html

Great device to use SIRI integration

Old 08-03-14, 06:22 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Of course I still haven't put on the bloody coilovers....I plan to include it in a video maybe...

For the past 3 days I've been driving the GS and even after 18 months or so I still love driving this car full blast. It is an absolute hoot to drive, it is so engaging and fun. It has a certain charisma lacking in most vehicles and instead of cruising around I find myself taking any ramps a little faster than normal

I drove a 2014 E63 S recently and it drives so much better than a stock E class. The GS and E63 really handle and drive very very similar. Until you get to that engine With 4-matic and 577 hp, nearly DOUBLE of the GS, it is ridiculously fast. The chassis and steering handle the engine very well though it is so fast you find yourself at obscene speeds in any gear very quickly...

How I dreamt of this engine in the GS!!! I'm hearing now GS F 500hp or so rumors and that would do quite nicely
"Charisma" is the perfect word. You know how often I've traded cars in the past, but now I've owned my GS for 2 years and 4 months... by far the longest in recent history... because it's just that good.
Old 08-03-14, 09:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,493 Likes on 1,797 Posts

This is the first time I've approached the last year of my lease and been bummed instead of excited for the next car. I really love this car...have no interest in thinking about a replacement.

Maybe I'll just keep it.