Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

94 SC300 1JZ Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-12, 01:47 PM
Kire
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole reason I wanted a piggyback vs a stand alone was to pass emissions and keep my a/c. I definitely can't go without the last one. I was just having a conversation with someone who went with an Safc and made the same power that I wanted. I was planning on having dm perform the capacitor service on the ecu and have tweak performance extend my harness and wire my aem fic. I'm leaning a little more towards the emanage ultimate but I'll have to see if there are tuners who are used to those here. Maybe the guys at vivid racing could help me out.

I really don't plan on going above 500hp for quite a while since I'm just learning how to drift. I want to be able to control the beast first haha.
Old 11-02-12, 02:24 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well you can still pass emissions with standalone and still keep the a/c! but you wanna stay with the stock ecu it's fine.

Yes you can make 500 with the safc on the 1jz ecu but that ecu is not reliable trust me it's junk, i had dm replace cap on mine and the car still smoked, back fired, idle was all over the place, today it's 750 and 10min later it's 100rpm.

Those ecu are all old as crap so you will always be replacing caps.

You must have a working and reliable stock ecu first .

With the 2jzgte ecu you won't really have to worry about anything, and you can get a mines ecu etc...

this is just my opinion! talk to tweak i am sure he will tell you do do the same.

gl either way.
Old 11-02-12, 02:42 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Yes sir. Thanks for mentioning my name, formally known as 1992Lexus, now 1JZPWRD. Good luck with your thread and build ... I hope you reach your goals and more!! My thread in my signature.
gotta redo the signature. its all gone
Old 11-02-12, 02:45 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I would get the 2jzgte aem v1 before i mess with the dm honda box. too much BS you have to go through and their patch harness is some crap.

this is what biggu did, and it's the best way of you ask me. gte patch harness from tweak that goes from 1jz to 2jzgte ecu and plug up an aem v1 on it and have you car running in 7mins.

i have plenty of maps for various setups!

Or just get the patch harness from tweak and just run a 2jzgte aristo ecu with the aem fic , because that 1jzgte ecu will **** you off specially in the summer time. hell even an safc with the aristo ecu will get you 500+whp

ditch the stock 1jz ecu is what i am saying.
agree'd i had to modify the hell out of my harness and driftmotion patch harness to get what i wanted done. still not done. i would recommend what Quick is sayin.
Old 11-02-12, 06:35 PM
Kire
Driver

Could I accomplish this using my stock 2JZGE SC ecu?
Old 11-03-12, 05:28 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kire
Could I accomplish this using my stock 2JZGE SC ecu?
you would have to modify the harness. i dont think thats the best idea.
Old 11-03-12, 03:37 PM
Kire
Driver

I've decided on taking the advice from you guys and I'll be selling off my Soarer ECU, having the harness extended, and getting the patch from Tweak.

Pulling out the interior today
Old 11-11-12, 07:11 PM
Kire
Driver

I was able to remove the intake manifold from the cylinder head and also removed the wire harness.

Pardon my mess

I noticed something that concerned me. I saw these grooves on both cams that worried me. They run in a vertical straight line. Would could cause this? Is this normal? I'd like to know if they're still good too since I'm selling these to get my 264's

Old 11-12-12, 08:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I cant answer the question on the cams, but since you have gone this far, i would recommend a set of nice cams, maybe HKS or BC, either in stage 2. The performance gains are exceptional just with the addition of them. The idea of sending the harness off is your choice. I chose to do mine, which I thought we did a great job, I still had resistance on the injectors. Ended up redoing all the wiring to the injectors. Also I had to wire in another map sensor, and a few other things. The end results was a great running car, and very reliable. if you need something answered, just ask away, we will try to help, for those who have been down this road before. GL !
Old 11-12-12, 12:37 PM
Kire
Driver

I'm going with 264 BC cams. I'm buying a harness that's already been extended and wired for the new injectors. I'm selling my stock jzz30 harness
Old 11-12-12, 04:59 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Kire
I'm going with 264 BC cams. I'm buying a harness that's already been extended and wired for the new injectors. I'm selling my stock jzz30 harness
Have you got a price yet, shipped to your door? Glad you are going the different route with a correct harness.
Old 11-16-12, 05:38 PM
Kire
Driver

Not yet and I'm actually thinking about going with the HKS ones. Any reviews?

It's just a waiting game now. I'm trying to sell my Soarer tranny, the stock cams, wire harness, and ecu to gather some cash for a new kit. It's going to be a ramen diet for quite a while.
Old 11-24-12, 02:57 PM
Kire
Driver

I sold both my auto transmission and the R154 I originally picked up. I bought a complete R154 and it should be ready to go. I managed to pull off the door panels and now I'm working on pulling the rest of the nasty interior while I save up for more parts. I also removed the wire harness and cylinder head.

The guy threw in a stock clutch and I'm wondering if this would be any good for my goals of 500hp and being a drift car. I know some guys gave some advice to steer away from puck clutches but on this forum several have stated that it's recommended for this type of driving. Keep in mind it's mainly going to be a weekend warrior DD

Old 12-04-12, 06:24 PM
Kire
Driver

Planning on pulling the rest of the interior and perhaps cleaning the block and transmission. Pictures will be posted up this weekend
Old 12-04-12, 07:56 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

In for the results.

Quick Reply: 94 SC300 1JZ Build Thread