Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

RCBs ISF build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-12, 12:11 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^ Yea, 3 sounds about right if your around tomorrow you should try to join us. We are meeting around 10:00 am.
Old 10-12-12, 03:01 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

where u guys meeting?
Old 10-12-12, 03:16 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

In Burlington at 9:45 but if you want to meet at the 93/95 split we can catch you there if that's easier.
Old 10-12-12, 06:20 PM
JC23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!!!!!!!great build
Old 10-17-12, 07:30 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^thanks JC23
Old 10-17-12, 07:38 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

I have a few really good updates to post and I'll try to get those updates done tonight. For now here is a quick one............

Matte black emblems and Matte black grill.

Old 10-17-12, 09:46 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Looking better and better!!

Where did you get the emblems from?
Old 10-17-12, 10:28 AM
laoreflxzn
Driver School Candidate

Hey RCB,

So plan on porting the intake manifold soon? After the day at the track and the dyno I need more HP!!! It was
my first track and dyno experience. Loved it and I want more!!! I think for me I will try to lose some weight on the car and on me...Anyways thanks for spending the time with me at the track and the dyno.
Old 10-17-12, 12:50 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Boma
Looking better and better!!

Thanks!

Where did you get the emblems from?
I removed the emblems and had my body guy paint them then used super thin transfer adhesive tape to reapply them.

Originally Posted by laoreflxzn
Hey RCB,

So plan on porting the intake manifold soon? After the day at the track and the dyno I need more HP!!!

It was my first track and dyno experience. Loved it and I want more!!! I think for me I will try to lose some weight on the car and on me...Anyways thanks for spending the time with me at the track and the dyno.
Extrude Hone, some work on the throttle body and an LSD is my plan for the winter. You in? I'll pull both of our manifolds and send them out at the same time once the snow comes.

I would say you had a pretty good day for your first time out. Seat time is everything and I can say that I need more time to get my 60' down in both of my RWD cars. After years of 1.6s 60's in my AWD car I am seeing how spoiled I was
The scale surley showed the weight reductions in my car as opposed to yours.
BTW next time I'm emptying your trunk when your not looking!!! I told you to get that spare tire out of there
I had a great time as well and it was pretty cool to not be the only ISF for once! Maybe we can get up there one more time this year, there are still two weeks left.
Old 10-17-12, 11:12 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Last Saturday Laoreflxzn, a buddy of mine with an E63 AMG and myself hit the drag strip then the dyno. I've been pretty busy putting an addition on my shop but friday night I made some time to install the FIGS brake rotors before our day of fun. They are some really nice rotors with some great design features and absolutely a cut above other brands of two piece rotors I've installed. I plan on making some good use of these rotors at the road corse next spring but for now they have helped shed some pounds off the car both overall and in unsprung weight and they look great behind the wheels as an added bonus.
Here are a few before and after pics.........

REAR-

Front-

Done!
Old 05-20-14, 11:25 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

It's been a while since I've done anything new to my car or updated this thread. Much longer then I though actually.... Almost 2 years!

Over the winter I decided that I wanted to look into some lighting upgrades. I didn't go straight to the LED headlights because I was actually not a fan at first. They have since grown on me and I will probably grab a set when I find a good deal at some point.
I was also not sure how I felt about the squared off LED fog light cut offs in the round housing but I am also not a huge fan of the stock halogen fog lights.
Here is what I came up with.....

Phillips Ultinon 6000k Flash White low beams
Projector fog lights with black housings and angle eyes (that only work with the fogs on)
Morimoto 3 Five kit with 6000k H1c bulbs and custom spec. harnesses from TRS

I also already had LED city lights and PUTCO DLR/high beams as part of a previous upgrade that included Garax low beam bulbs.

I really like the projector fogs. I haven't seen them used before on an ISF and I think they match the low beam projectors much better then the OEM Halogen Fogs.
The bulb I'm using for the projector is an H1 and after talking to TRS (The Retorfit Source) they put together a 3 Five kit that switches me from H11 to H1 using Motimoto Ballasts. They suggested that the Morimoto 6000k H1c bulb would match the Ultinon Flash White and they where spot on.
The light output is great, the car looks much cleaner with the fogs on or off and I don't get enough foreground light to drown out my visibility. With it all said and done, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Also well I was at it I decided now would be a good time to clean out all of the crap that my front end has ingested since the car was new. The A/C condenser was also loosing some of it's paint and the clips on the cooler lines where starting to get a little rust on them.

I must have spent an easy 30 minutes blowing sand, cigarette butts and leaves out of my radiator and condenser. I couldn't believe the crap I got out of it!
I also gave everything a fresh coat of black and swapped out the cooler line clamps for some Samco stainless line clamps.

Last edited by RCB; 05-21-14 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-23-14, 07:36 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Those fogs came out great. What sort of modifications to the bumper did you have to make to mount them, if any?

Do you have a link to the specific protector you used?

Last edited by Cronic; 05-23-14 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-23-14, 05:49 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

car looks great. love the wheels.
Old 05-23-14, 07:57 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Cronic
The Morimoto HID kit has a power wire that runs to the positive side of the battery and a negative that grounds to the Chassis (the right headlight ground in my case). The relay gets it's switched power from the H11 for light connection. It's PnP other then the battery plus wire and the ground.

The fog lights did not require any jetting or modification to the car at all.

Thanks Lmood
This was actually the first set of wheels fitted with 305s on an ISF going back a few years. I actually wasn't sure about the style of the wheel when I got them but I fell in love with them once I bolted them on. It's a different look then you see on most ISFs. It's hard to capture the look of the wheel in a picture because of the matte black and my less then average photography skills. They look mean in person and the stance on 305s is beastly! I never get tired of it
Old 05-23-14, 09:07 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Can you link me to the exact fog light? I emailed trs and a woman replied and she had no clue as to what fog protector you're using or harness. Lol She said you must have altered it yourself(the projector).

I always dealt with Andrew in the past.

Quick Reply: RCBs ISF build thread