Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Maynanator's 1uz supercharged Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-21, 07:13 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just wanted to drop in and update this thread. Over the last year I pulled the trigger on a much larger project than i initially planned with the supercharged 1uz project. At this point I’m sort of foggy on what all I put in here last time I posted, so I’ll just try to do a quick recap of what’s happened over the last year or 2. One of the last times the car was driven was shortly before the interior got pulled out because of the leak. The leak happened, ruined my pristine interior and I decided to go for a black interior swap (which I’m not entirely sold on whether that was the right move, but... here we are and I’ll be running black until I figure out exactly what I want to do). Since then the car had developed a charging issue. Call it laziness, being across the country (currently in the Navy and the car’s back home at my dad’s place bc I couldn’t bring it with me), or whatever... I basically gave up on the car when it had a simple charging issue. So, I decided “well now’s the perfect time for a motor swap!”. That opened the biggest can of worms project of anything I have tried to tackle and admittedly my hubris got the better of me. That motor swap you ask? A 1gz-fe (the century v12). The car got dropped off sometime last fall at a shop back home to take care of the motor swap. Unfortunately a few things happened that left me in the “worst possible position”. The first was realizing very quickly I was not making nearly the amount I made before joining the Navy. The second was the fact the shop decided to pull the engine before asking me (I really can’t complain because I’d given them authorization to “do whatever they wanted” it was just really bad timing). Mix in some other life events and I have a car sitting at a shop with the motor removed, no budget left to pay the shop, and a 1gz that I’m still not 100% sure how I’m going to make fit. This is the point where most people would give up, sell the car and the parts and just try to forget things ever happened. If this were any other car I owned, that would be the fate for it. This car however, has sentimental value to me... more than anything else I own (I grew up in it, it was my first car, and it’s the entire reason I formed an obsession with cars). So, I fully plan to see this through. With that ramble out of the way... the car as it sits is a half stripped roller at this point. So it’ll need a lot of love to get where it needs to be. The good news is I have the engine, a bunch of parts laying around, and a renewed dedication to this project, along with a game-plan for how to get things where they need to be. The bad news... no matter how you cut it, it’s going to be a huge endeavor, I don’t make a lot, and a lot of the parts I plan to use are still prototypes or not even confirmed to work. For now, since I don’t have updates I’ll post some photos and notes of what the plan is (probably in a new thread. I think it’s time to let this one die finally).
Old 01-04-21, 08:18 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,198 Likes on 830 Posts

I'm so thrilled to hear that despite all your trouble, when most would give up and sell or part the car, that you're deciding to keep it and carry on. Much respect, and good luck moving forward man!
Old 01-05-21, 12:15 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I’m very much looking forward to the day I can cruise around in my sc400 again. It’ll all be that much sweeter with that sweet v12 singing it’s song.