Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

CZ Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-13, 03:41 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Veilsides were let go, recently picked up some SSR Agle strusse and will soon be measuring them out to fit the car perfectly.

I was given some new Megan EZ Streets I'll probably be selling for some custom build suspension (Probably go with BC). I Installed my Pioneer AVPH doubledin, got 20% tint and 5% on back window, Viper 5904 LED screen , and lowered the car on the coilovers.

About a week ago somebody backed into my front fender, so that'll be the next thing to get fixed then will finally be able to get my bumper painted and wheels on.
Old 03-16-13, 08:17 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Think I saw you car when I was leaving IFO last week. I was in the gold GS.....
Old 04-22-13, 07:59 PM
articmonke
Rookie

Originally Posted by eastonis30
Veilsides were let go, recently picked up some SSR Agle strusse and will soon be measuring them out to fit the car perfectly.

I was given some new Megan EZ Streets I'll probably be selling for some custom build suspension (Probably go with BC). I Installed my Pioneer AVPH doubledin, got 20% tint and 5% on back window, Viper 5904 LED screen , and lowered the car on the coilovers.

About a week ago somebody backed into my front fender, so that'll be the next thing to get fixed then will finally be able to get my bumper painted and wheels on.
stupid ****ing people just two days ago on the way to the grand prix someone decided to back up in to my front bumper they are so lucky nothing happened cause they would have had it replaced
Old 04-23-13, 11:53 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Update:

UPDATES:

Intake filter box somehow busted open, car has been down for about a week because air just freely flows out of it instead of through the motor. Manufacture wants $400 for the part, will probably just replace with cheap aftermarket.

The wheels got in today -- will start up on the rebuild and have it done within the next few weeks. Specs looking to be custom step lipped 19x9.5 +18 19x10.5 +12 is what I measured out to build today. Specs aren't set in stone, but that's what I'm leaning towards. The chrome on the faces is pretty beat up so we'll be stripping it and it's still up in the air on what finish to go with.

I finally was able to get my Junction produce bumper, and have also found a 6pc JP Sideskirt set that we may have cut in half and sent over. I wasn't ever planning to run JP, just had been lucky to find the good deals on it that I got. Will be running something a bit more aggressive in the far future since I can nearly complete what I want of the JP kit.

Once the wheels are done, the car will be going in to get some things touched up and sprayed. Prior to lowering the car someone backed into my passenger fender and it seems to be replaced. So that will be taken care of, as well as the kit, and minor fender work to fit wheels.

Progress has begun.

Wheels are apart and will probably be done in a machined finish, polished lips.
Old 04-24-13, 01:52 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking SportDesign!
Old 04-24-13, 03:51 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

keep us updated. sounds like she is going to take an aggressive turn for the better
Old 04-30-13, 01:13 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Wheels will be done next week.

Looking like I'll have to have the JP Sides and door panels shipped via sea, so I'll forget about them and they'll arrive...one day. At least they're already painted my color and all though.

I am waiting for my new intake part to come in so I can start driving the car comfortably again. I've been needing to get this JP bumper to the shop to get repaired and painted.

I've been on the edge of purchasing some new BC coils with 18/16 spring rates and the low kit, but am still very back and forth about air or being static since the bottom of this car seems to hang a bit lower than the IS.

All in all - things will start happening next week. I will provide pictures
Old 04-30-13, 02:19 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whattap Easton!
Old 05-10-13, 11:54 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Here's a shot of the front wheels:

Machined centers, silver windows, polished step lips 19x3.5" in the front 19x9.5 +16

I think I may do the centercaps red, the hardware is newly polished.

Old 05-14-13, 09:30 AM
eastonis30
Rookie

Shot of how the rear will be looking

Old 05-19-13, 01:21 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Front bumper swag!

Sides and door panels are onthe way from Japan, should be here in 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, this house is keeping me from getting my new passenger side fender and my kit sprayed. So i'm going to hold off a minute to install the front. The sides and door panels are already painted.

Ordered 215/35 Nankang for front and 245/35 Achilles for rear, hopefully will be doing a little fenderwork this week and maybe even get the wheels installed. Have been working on the centercaps, sanded them down, sprayed them with 4 coats of firetruck red with 4 coats of clear. Wet sanding them this evening and buffing/polishing tomorrow. Oh and got my JP curtains in too!

The car should be really transforming over the coming months

Last edited by eastonis30; 05-19-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-22-13, 08:48 PM
eastonis30
Rookie

Rims are going together tomorrow, finishing up the bolts right now and will hopefully have them on Friday.

SSR Agle Strusse
Machined face w/ silver windows, polished lips, hardware, centercaps are red (I'm finishing them up tomorrow.).
19x9.5 +16 3.5" Outer SL Disk
19x10.5 +6 5" Outer SL Disk

Old 05-23-13, 09:03 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm interested to see how the rears will fit. I have been thinking about moving my 4.5 lips to the front and using 5 in the rear. My rears would poke just as much as yours. Are you planning camber or fender work? Oh and you never got back to me about the m6 replacement bolts. Wheels look great btw.
Old 05-23-13, 06:30 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Wow a 215 on a 9.5 inch wheel is a crazy stretch. I don't see any reason to go that extreme.
Old 05-23-13, 07:40 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
Wow a 215 on a 9.5 inch wheel is a crazy stretch. I don't see any reason to go that extreme.
I was gonna say the same exact thing..

Easton 215 is wayyyyy out there.. I mean seriously you don't need that much stretch LOL. I'm doing a 225 on my setup.

Btw.. You better have free time on your hands when my wheel gets sent to you, so get this build done already lmao.

Can't wait to see it together man! Those wheels are gonna kill.

Quick Reply: CZ Build Thread