BeansIS SC300 Build/timeline Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 07:48 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BeansIS SC300 Build/timeline Thread *VERTEX UPDATE*

Please see updates on the last page. UPDATES pg.9

Hey guys! I wanted to go ahead and start compiling my build/timeline thread of my sorta new sc300. I have owned the car for about 3 month now I believe. Either way, I picked her up from a very neglegent owner for a very good price. The paint had mold on just about every panel, georgia clay everywhere, pinestraw everywhere and she looked like she had not had a bath in about 3 years. She did have a small encouter with a yellow pole at some gas station. Needless to say, she was looking for a good home.

Here are the pictures I received when I asked the seller for better/more photos:

She looks sort of clean in the pictures but trust me It was bad. Night and day different just with a quick bath. Atleast the backseats are still soft and plush. haha

Sorry for the rotated picture

I don't have any pictures of the half repair we did to the quarter panel. I bought a new tail light from lexus to replace the broken one It does not match the old one, so I will be buying a new one soon. If anyone wants the passenger tail. Let me know!

We will be fixing the quarter a little later when I order my kit and she is ready to go in for paint.

I have since done the following:

- Buffed Headlights & fogs
- Clayed front bumper - touched up
- Replaced blown bulbs etc
- Cleaned the engine bay
- Cleaned all the filthy jams
- Removed large misc scratches/smudges etc ( She is not getting detailed as she will be painted soon)

Ofcourse with the car being in the condition she was when I got her she needed everything

- Front Main seal
- Valve Cover Gasket ( extremely bad- leaked all over the headers )
- Sparkplugs
- Wires
- etc

One day I came home and decided to go ahead and replace the sparkplugs and see how she runs, she ran alittle odd. Halfway through the process I realized this job was much more difficult than the is300 since you have remove the Y-pipe/EGR. After a long battle with the EGR valve and the studs ( I didn't have a stud remover) she was ready to have the plugs replaced. Oh, Wait. Nope. Everything broke in the process of removing parts. The plug wires self destructed & I had not purchased any.

One week later. I ordered plug wires, valve cover gaskets etc from lexus. Put it all together and quickly touched up the VCs with some paint. They were in horrible shape. Stains, burns, dirt, etc... nothing got the nastyness off.

She runs like new now! Well, not really but alot better. I believe I have a small exhaust leak somewhere. I'm thinking the exhaust manifold. I have not adressed this yet.

Somewhere along the way, I got an IS300 wheel/Mk4 supra seats (I am planning on recovering them after the black interior conversion

I was getting sick and tired of the danky chrome wheels it had on it despite it having new tires I started searching for the perfect set of wheels. I almost pulled the plug on several wheels on here from new to used. I liked the Varstoeen TE reps but everyone had already bought a set and paying $1k or more for a set of cast replicas... I decided against the purchase. With no luck finding the perfect wheels I set on the search for a " Just to get by" kit. The car was 4x4 status & sitting on chrome... I started seeing what my prices were on certain coilovers. Stance, tein, etc.

I had always wanted to have an edfc controller and since this car is going to be a "keep forever" type of project I decided I was going to drop good money on some coils. I picked up an EDFC controller with all the motors from my best friend that would work with the Tein SS coilovers since I was just going to buy the coils and roll like that for a while.

Then searching my local venues I ran into a set of BNIB Megan Street Coilovers for sale. The seller was asking $500 and I ended up getting him down not much lol but enought to $475. For this money. You can't beat it. Since I am just trying to get by while I save for bigger and better things for this car I though what the hell.

I get home that night and install the coilovers while rocking the 17's that somewhere in this story I have painted with 3 of my friends after watching the walking dead. lol

OEM vs Megan Comparison

Don't mind the flat tire lol the car had sat in the garage for 2 weeks lol

Last edited by BeansIS; 01-06-12 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 07:49 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Several days later, I spot the perfect wheels. I found a RARE & DISCONTINUED set of JIC Cross Sports Stella 07. They reminded me of Granades & I have always loved the style of the wheels. The sizes were 19x8.5 +30/19x9.5+30. The best part of it all is they were BNIB & Local.

Yes. I bought them. They were exactly what I wanted. Something in the realm of different & good looking without going crazy and gaudy. Picked up tires for them the next day and here we are witht the results. I still have to roll/trim the fenders and adjust the suspension but overall I am very happy with the feel and look of the car.

Here is me test fitting without tires/finally with tires:

They ended up hanging inside, were my son was having a blast rolling it around and I found my cat sleeping in it the next morning... lol Approved?

The night I put them on with tires, I was excited and went for a small cruise around the hood

At work today, don't mind the horrible wide angle lense, I know remmember why I stopped using it.

I am planning on making a custom front lip with undertray for it aswell. Check back for some updates....

Here is the lip I made for my M3...Never finished up. Ended up selling the car..

A couple teaser of what is to come...

I hope im doing this right...

I hope you all like the progress so far!

Last edited by BeansIS; 01-05-12 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 08:04 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice transformation!
Old 12-12-11, 08:09 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Thanks man! It has been tough on the budget and family already lol

If anyone has a broken autocouture replica bumper, please let me know! I need some pieces
Old 12-12-11, 08:28 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, those new wheels make the car look sooo much better. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-12-11, 08:28 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

BeansIS, a few changes for the better from the time you first picked up your SC. I like! Take your time with the build, slow and steady...keeps the wallet "fat" lol. On a side note, those wheels are pretty rare?
Old 12-12-11, 08:34 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Damn those JICs are legit!!

Can wait to see that turbo installed, is that a t88?
Old 12-12-11, 08:37 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the build so far. Can't wait to see the lip!
Old 12-12-11, 08:44 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mak89
Looks great, those new wheels make the car look sooo much better. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! I absolutely love them. Some of my close friends don't like them much.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
BeansIS, a few changes for the better from the time you first picked up your SC. I like! Take your time with the build, slow and steady...keeps the wallet "fat" lol. On a side note, those wheels are pretty rare?
Hahah yeah! I just hate walking up to the car before. lol I had to do something.

As far as I know, I got the last available set of silver ones available "new" . There wheels I think JIC/Cross designed more or less for the porsche crowd. They only had 2 sizes available for the 5/114 crowd. .

Originally Posted by MIKU*SC3
Damn those JICs are legit!!

Can wait to see that turbo installed, is that a t88?

Originally Posted by skirts
Love the build so far. Can't wait to see the lip!
Thanks man! I placed the order for most of my supplies! It wont be long before I do start updating that project..

Thank you all for the positive response! BTW skip over the grammatical errors as I posted the OPs on my iphone lol
Old 12-12-11, 08:55 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

I am a bit of a ricer and decided to do some safety lighting, per say. I need a couple of other thing to finish my project. I will post up when I get my timer relays When I unlock the car, the headlight/tail lights and handle will light up for a certain amount of time...

http://youtu.be/f4owI9zW-Ow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAaVxDhADi0

Last edited by BeansIS; 12-12-11 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 08:55 PM
Ciolfi
Driver School Candidate

Like those wheels....nice clean look
Old 12-12-11, 09:25 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Thanks man! That's what I am going for!
Old 12-12-11, 10:10 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I also like the new wheels. Next time dont wait so long to post your progress. :-)
Old 12-12-11, 10:15 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

very cool build man. subscribed.
Old 12-12-11, 10:15 PM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Beautiful! Needs more pics!

Quick Reply: BeansIS SC300 Build/timeline Thread