Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-11, 06:29 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man. Ready to see the 1j.
Old 09-18-11, 05:55 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i need to make a build thread too! but darnet! my pace is slow so i dont wanna post a bunch of stuff and leave months without an update! this is exciting tho!
Old 09-18-11, 02:26 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A little more progress done today.. Removed a few things from around the motor and removed the automatic transmission cooler and lines.. What a mess that made.. I hate the smell of the tranny fluid, but it was real red tho... Also removed the main ECU and pulled the wiring through the firewall.. Here are some pictures.. I had no help today to help pull the motor, maybe tomorrow.. Stay tuned..

Old 09-18-11, 02:28 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Some more....

Old 09-18-11, 02:53 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

A little DIY on the power steering resevoir.. I think its shiny now, compared to the black/crappy color....

Old 09-19-11, 03:25 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Amore progress today, I believe. Removed the rest of the lines, removed motor from car and pressure washed the heck out of the engine bay, and the undercarriage. Sprayed painted some more brackets, and plastic covers with SEM. So far progress is unbelievable. The Brian Crowers will not be here until November. WTF? the good news is that the 1JZGTE with the stock twins, auto tranny, and the R154 will be here tomorrow night. Thanks to Loshaun on here! He is an amazing guy. I also have to give credit to Skirts and Lexclusive. For the parts and the inspiration.

I also have the like new motor mounts, alternator, AC compressor, and the Tranny mount for sale in the classifieds off of theis motor. I will also have the complete motor and tranny for sale also..

Now for the pictures..

The windshield washer diconnected..

Letting it drain...

This is what happens when you remove the hood by yourself.. Dang it!!! Called the DentMan.

Hood removed

Tranny mount disconnected

Getting ready

Almost there...

Disconnect these lines....

And this one... for the horn..

Cut this hose for heater core..

Unbolt this 10mm for a ground..I guess???

Almost there..

Old 09-19-11, 03:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Some more progress...

She is so dirty...

She is clean now.. Pressure washed it and some good ol joy detergent..

Check the classifieds..list has been updated..
Old 09-20-11, 06:00 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Nice! It looks like your making good progress.
Old 09-20-11, 07:46 AM
maceugood
Pole Position

dang! you been busy.i love threads like this. lot of progress in short time.
Old 09-20-11, 04:18 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well got some more work done today. Installed the extended campy throttle and painted the plastic black covers black, along with some more bolts. Installed the cruise control back in place, this was after i painted the brackets and bolts. Painted the windshield wipers with semi black. Installed the SC 300 AC lines with all new orings. It appears the 400 condenser looks identical to the 300 along with the lines to the receiver dryer. Can anyone confirm? I have all the 300 lines if i need to install them.. Post pictures later
Old 09-20-11, 06:07 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no way!!! so your putting a 1jz 5 speed into a sc400??? hmm sounds familar??

check out my thread as we are in the EXACT same boat... so how much and where did you get your shifter bezel?? and what exact year did you use from a camry for yout throttle cable???

i threw away my sc300 fan shroud by accident. so i have to find another one. iam going to try to use the sc400 clutch fan on my 1jz also..

as far as harness goes who are you using???

and i was going to use the sc300 ac condensor with the sc400 lines. are you keeping your powersteering cooler???

iam going to use the ps pump off the 1jz and use a resv off of another car..
Old 09-20-11, 09:56 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I gave $50 form another member on here for the bezel.. The cable came out of a 1995, four cylinder. You need to attain another fan shroud for better cooling effeciency. Thats what I have always read and searched about with a TT fan. I couldnt find that fan, so I will be using the 300 one. On the wiring, I will more than likely go AEM standalone for 1250.. That seems the best bang for the buck right now. I talked to Arron again today about some ideas, and he seemed to think a little different, but he is very knowledgable on this stuff. I dont think I am using the power steering cooler, undecided yet, but I will be using the stock power steering holder and mount it to the battery as everyone else on here. The build is coming along, just the high dollar pieces have yet to be bought. Still looking for the bellhousing on a R154, pedals, turbo, driveshaft, etc. I have some ideas, but waiting for the perfect price.
Old 09-21-11, 12:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Not any progress today, physically to the car, just bought some parts....

Finally found some pedals with all the hardware.. and a SS clutch line for my R154.
Bought the Borg Worner S366 turbo.. This thing is huge, some say to big, but I only listen to people who have had it physically had it or seen it in person.. Thanks for the input, you know who you are..
Working on buying a clutch presently.
Old 09-21-11, 01:17 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^SO you went with the driftmotion clutch kit?? iam going to cheap out a bit on my clutch kit. iam going to get a f1 racing clutch from ebay(stge 3 6 puck). now before you cringe i run one daily on mr rb20det. and it holds 22psi(when the car wants to). just fine. a buddy of mine also ran one on his mustang before selling it. so if you don't feel like paying $600+ for a clutch right away i would recommend it, but it's just my o2 cents.

and i hear you on the price point. what is the remaining total for your list of stuff seeing as we are pretty much looking for the same things??

iam thinking if we had 5 speeds already our costs would be much much lower than they are now..

also just throwing it out there are you aware of "map ecu"??

http://www.mapecu.com/

i was planning on running that piggy if i ever made any real upgrades. i just can't stomach 2k+ for a stand alone.
Old 09-22-11, 12:30 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I wasnt aware of the map ecu till now.. I have had several people tell me about the turbo I just bought for it is too big. Well I was thinking of using a 2JZ bottom end with the 1JZ head, but the problem lies that I have already purchased some stuff for the 1JZ.. The manifold, exhaust, downpipe, etc.

I have been doing some research on a quick spool valve for oversized turbo. The design appears to be simple and really easy to install. I didnt know what everyone's opinion was about them or knew something about them, good or bad. the testing results lookgood on the website but I wanted to know someone who has one or had one and their opinion. Is it worth the $500 bucks or can I build one? It also stated that you have to use a NON twin manifold for this to work. This is what I have already. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!