Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1IS owner vehicles

Single turbo IS300 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 07:04 PM
Armyof1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
It could be a square frame with wheels and it wouldn't have problems shifting. THe type of car it is in doesn't matter.

If people are having problems with the AEM, then they obviously don't know how to configure the AEM properly.
Check out my build its under project boost and its a must to move the ecu inside unless its a motec or some sort of military grade wiring and waterproof

Last edited by Armyof1; 06-06-11 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-06-11, 08:18 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, first thing first...MOVE the ECU!!!! Not an easy task!

This required back-pulling all ECU related wiring through the loom, then back through the firewall. I was able to pull it far enough to make it to behind the center console.

The harness will then enter the car through the passenger side where the ECU will be sitting.

CHECK!

This was part of my first post

BTW, I did check out your build a couple days ago. Looks good. I do find it quite interesting to mount the turbo under the manifold, can't say I have seen that before.
Old 06-08-11, 08:58 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHECK!

This was part of my first post

BTW, I did check out your build a couple days ago. Looks good. I do find it quite interesting to mount the turbo under the manifold, can't say I have seen that before.
his manifold is called a "log style" manifold instead of tubular manifold. not very popular probably because of how the turbo sits but its a space saver and theyre supposed to run cooler. it may be just older design. supras run them as well.
Old 06-08-11, 10:01 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

his is still tubular, just upsidown.

this is log

Old 06-08-11, 10:33 AM
Armyof1
Rookie

Originally Posted by baadhabit
his manifold is called a "log style" manifold instead of tubular manifold. not very popular probably because of how the turbo sits but its a space saver and theyre supposed to run cooler. it may be just older design. supras run them as well.
Its an HKS manifold I got lucky when I bought the motor had a bunch of goodies on it
Old 06-08-11, 07:51 PM
Armyof1
Rookie

this is the other sensor

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ch&um=1&itbs=1
Old 06-08-11, 11:30 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Looks like the DBW motor. Doesn't matter, none of that is needed with aem.

If you still think different, I can go into more detail as to why.
Old 06-09-11, 05:34 PM
Armyof1
Rookie

Looks like the DBW motor. Doesn't matter, none of that is needed with aem.

If you still think different, I can go into more detail as to why.
I'm interested to hear what you have to say....
Old 06-09-11, 07:39 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

The AEM controls the transmission right? No other device is required!

AEM takes in 3 signals in order to do this

TPS
Speed
RPM

The sensor you are talking about is a combination of TPS and DBW motor. Since this IS is now a manual throttle the DBW is no longer needed. The TPS is still there, and tell the AEM where the throttle sensor is. From this, there is a configureable map within the AEM that is TPS/MPH. As you step on the throttle, the location in that map moves to the crosspoints of the TPS/MPH, and then reads the value. The value is 1-4. If I wanted I could make it shift into first gear at 90mph at 50% throttle, of course that would be a terrible thing, but....you can do it if you really wanted to. There are also other configurable items that involve RPM, but the basic config is TPS/MPH.

Quite simple actually.
Old 06-10-11, 01:44 PM
Armyof1
Rookie

So how many tranny's have you blown up
Old 06-10-11, 03:27 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

First off, what kind of lame comment is that? Do you not know that the quickest stock auto supras run an AEM? I don't understand why you still think there will be a problem. I think you are about the only one that doesn't understand. I am not trying to be rude or anything, but serious, go do some research if you don't believe me. I have been doing this for 15 years, done all sorts of crazy swaps using different transmission/engine/ecu combos, and they always work. So far the most complex swap I have done was a 2005 tundra motor with DBW in a 91 landcruiser with auto trans. This swap required all sorts of extra wiring for the ECU not to run in limp mode disabling DBW. This IS300 is a piece of cake compared to that.

Now, as for blowing up transmission....

I have blown up every "unbuilt used" transmission I have put in my supra and GS300 but one, and that includes 3 manual transmission, but that has to do the the fact that I try to put down 900rwhp through an unbuilt trans and purposely try to break stuff. My goal is to find the weak link and find it fast.

The one I didn't blow up was actually an N/A transmission in my old 93 after frying 3 unbuit TT autos. I changed my driving habits, tuned the ECU to pull timing and boost between shifts, and what do you know, the N/A transmssion still works to this day with holding 700rwhp.

This IS300 has a built tranny and will be sporting a V2 AEM, which has even better controls over the solenoids, shift patterns and traction control.
Old 06-11-11, 08:43 AM
non_silvia
Rookie

Originally Posted by Armyof1
So how many tranny's have you blown up
He just doesn't get it. Runner, you have a lot of patience trying to explain the fact that your not dbw, your using AEM and he still doesn't get it, then he's trying to tell you that your going to have problems controlling the trans??? Wow, he must not know. Stop wasting time with this guy and continue with the build.
Old 06-11-11, 01:11 PM
Armyof1
Rookie

Originally Posted by non_silvia
He just doesn't get it. Runner, you have a lot of patience trying to explain the fact that your not dbw, your using AEM and he still doesn't get it, then he's trying to tell you that your going to have problems controlling the trans??? Wow, he must not know. Stop wasting time with this guy and continue with the build.
LOL!!!!!

Whose running and AEM thats fast?????
Old 06-13-11, 09:21 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Armyof1
LOL!!!!!

Whose running and AEM thats fast?????
If you are truly that ignorant, you can please stop mucking up my post with crap.
Old 06-13-11, 02:35 PM
90supraT
Driver School Candidate

If you are truly that ignorant, you can please stop mucking up my post with crap.
Nice looking build props to you, its unfortunate that at times people can be so ignorant, if you have no experience with aem how can you question someone else ability and skill to do something i guess this guy hasn't heard that there's many guys now a days including a couple of my friends that are running aem units for Honda cars on there 1jz supra or sc300 the aem box them self are pretty much all the same all that changes is a few extra inputs and outputs between boxes so what i am trying to get at is that if you have enough knowledge to play with aem boxes you can get it to run inn any car and definitely get the transmission to shift. This is the only reason why i dont post builds because there will always be people questioning your ability's just like when we did my friends ls400 2jz swap which we posted on this forums.

Quick Reply: Single turbo IS300 build