Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-10, 03:00 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodremz
cool. yeah there are a few out there who sell plug and play and sell just the resisters themselves.
Old 12-23-10, 03:28 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
cool. yeah there are a few out there who sell plug and play and sell just the resisters themselves.
Yeah, the VATS system was one of the first things a friend of mine had told me about that has owned nothing but f-body camaro's and thats the link he referred me to.
Old 12-23-10, 06:02 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Little update for the day, nothing major. Got the SC wire harness all unwrapped, and ready to start removing unnecessary wires and clips, and UPS showed up a day early and dropped off the intake block off plate:

Generic pic, but will have some after its installed tomorrow. Will start prepping the LS1 harness to be extended and paired with the SC harness.
Old 12-24-10, 06:05 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice upgrades, sucks the mount kit puts the engine so close to the firewall...no supercharger on that baby.
Old 12-24-10, 10:02 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
nice upgrades, sucks the mount kit puts the engine so close to the firewall...no supercharger on that baby.

Thats one thing that bummed me too, cause I was eyeballing a Magna Charger and love the way they sound. But I have more than enough room for a turbo
Old 12-24-10, 06:46 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well although iam not a fan of the ls band wagon. I will appalud you on the craftsman ship of this build. good s*&^
Old 12-25-10, 03:04 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really thinking about going lsx swap now turbo! Can't wait to see it finish.
Old 12-25-10, 05:38 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Best thread of 2010.........!!!!
Old 12-26-10, 09:27 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought the mount kit from dgr about a month ago. I also just picked up a 5.3 gen III motor that i plan on building before dropping it into my sc. Good job on the fast progress and the first to "document" the gen III swap into an sc.
Old 12-29-10, 11:14 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by megamax
well although iam not a fan of the ls band wagon. I will appalud you on the craftsman ship of this build. good s*&^
Ive never been a fan of bandwagons either, but seeing as how the SC is still an LS virgin, I dont feel that Im following too much of a trend

Originally Posted by Trevstuh
Really thinking about going lsx swap now turbo! Can't wait to see it finish.
Do it! Gains to cost ratio is outstanding so far, and with the couple people that have seen it in person, just the reaction alone is worth it

Originally Posted by 96SC4
Best thread of 2010.........!!!!
I wouldnt say best thread, cause there are a few builds that have been posted this year that still make me jealous. But most unique thread, maybe. Thanks for the props though.

Originally Posted by boosted4.6
i bought the mount kit from dgr about a month ago. I also just picked up a 5.3 gen III motor that i plan on building before dropping it into my sc. Good job on the fast progress and the first to "document" the gen III swap into an sc.
Sounds good. Keep us posted on the progress with the build.

As for updates, moving slowly. Been working on the harnesses, fuel lines, power steering lines, and talking with a local custom hot rod shop about the a/c lines.

Have also been considering taking more of a "race inspired" interior and making some of the creature comforts and accessories switch-based with a panel and relay's in the glove box, but still unsure about it. But it would allow me to ditch the stock SC harness and ecu...?

Will have pics up soon with the progress of the harness extending/mating.
Old 12-29-10, 11:29 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOO...... keep it all Lexus on the interior man, and all business under the hood you want a combination of speed and luxury
Old 12-29-10, 01:12 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
NOOOOOOOOOO...... keep it all Lexus on the interior man, and all business under the hood you want a combination of speed and luxury
I agree That has been the focus of my build, allthough I have a puny litty 4.7 V8 (No LS) the engine bay will be race inspired business but the rest of the car will be Lexus refined.
Old 12-29-10, 01:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Guess that gives me my answer right there. I was going to keep it hidden, with the HVAC panel and all switches/relay's hidden to make room for the new audio/visual plans for the dash, but I can keep the inside simple I guess.

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
I agree That has been the focus of my build, allthough I have a puny litty 4.7 V8 (No LS) the engine bay will be race inspired business but the rest of the car will be Lexus refined.

Good point, guess I will keep it simple and clean on the inside and keep the business under the hood..either way, I wouldnt mess with your 4.7 Scott. That s/c is heavily intimidating
Old 12-31-10, 11:37 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Props on your build...I am glad to see someone doing it and chronicling the build here on CL. I think you made a wise decision in keeping as much of the "Lexus" in the car as you can. Speaking about you and Scott's engines...Mine is even more puny...4.1 liters of displacement.... oh well...

Ryan
Old 01-04-11, 10:44 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Moving forward:

Working on getting the harnesses to know each other. Only 5 plugs to mess with on the LSX harness, and so far a total count of 10 wires to splice to the GE harness to simplify the 12v switched connections, ground and a/c control. Not to bad, and fairly easy to work with.

I will be taking the body connectors from the GE harness and applying them to the LSX harness with a simple re-pin of each needed wire. Thus basically making it a plug-and-play harness so when the time comes for the cam install, if I pull the engine it will be very simple, and allow the stock GE harness and ecu to stay in the car, and only need to disconnect 4 wires/plugs

90% of the wires from the GE harness will be eliminated, yay!!

Im going to try and keep track of what I do here incase someone follows along with my build and needs assistance with the harness.

More to come soon. I should have the harness finished by tonight, and if all goes well, the car will be started this weekend.

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread