Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 01:44 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow dude!!! I am selling my wheels and brakes because of you.... I need a sc570 in my life!
Old 12-22-10, 07:50 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camberSC
wow dude!!! I am selling my wheels and brakes because of you.... I need a sc570 in my life!

Thanks camber, but no need to sell anything, its actually a fairly inexpensive swap. After doing the math for a GTE/V160 vs. the LS1/T56, I have saved about $1500 including the cost of the cam, which in theory at this point should make almost the same rwhp as a BPU gte..and thats with the stock 853 heads.

As for a short update again, I didnt get the picture of the readjusted shifter, but will be getting that today, and will start working on the wiring for the both the LS1 and the stock SC harness so I can keep a/c and any other creature comforts simple to hook up. I will try and keep track of what I do through this process to have it documented in case anyone follows in my steps.
Old 12-22-10, 07:57 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Hope to see the beast at TX2K11.
Old 12-22-10, 08:10 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Thanks camber, but no need to sell anything, its actually a fairly inexpensive swap. After doing the math for a GTE/V160 vs. the LS1/T56, I have saved about $1500 including the cost of the cam, which in theory at this point should make almost the same rwhp as a BPU gte..and thats with the stock 853 heads.

As for a short update again, I didnt get the picture of the readjusted shifter, but will be getting that today, and will start working on the wiring for the both the LS1 and the stock SC harness so I can keep a/c and any other creature comforts simple to hook up. I will try and keep track of what I do through this process to have it documented in case anyone follows in my steps.
My fav thread on CL .... Now that u moved the shifter how does it sit ?
Old 12-22-10, 08:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looking good...
in for hearing the beast run
Old 12-22-10, 09:18 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cherplex
Hope to see the beast at TX2K11.
I will be there. Hopefully the new heads and cam will be in, but Ill run it at the track either way.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
My fav thread on CL .... Now that u moved the shifter how does it sit ?
The shifter sits perfect. I will take pics of it here in a few minutes.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
looking good...
in for hearing the beast run
Thanks Ali, vids will be up asap!
Old 12-22-10, 09:29 AM
SimplyZBes
Masterhater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SimplyZBes aka The Master Hater

Wow, talking about a pioneer in the SC world. Everything looks great and it will certainly run. I been out the SC game for a minute but after seeing this swap, you make me want to make another debut. Keep up the good work man. Cut the shifter and reweld it, that will solve your issue. Siskel & Roper would give this
Old 12-22-10, 09:46 AM
kyddo112
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you think wiring will be a headache considering there's like a billion ecu's in the sc? lol
Old 12-22-10, 09:49 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kyddo112
you think wiring will be a headache considering there's like a billion ecu's in the sc? lol
Shouldnt be hard at all cause I am going to keep the stock SC ecu/harness to run everything inside the car and the LS1 ecu will only be connected/spliced where needed to start the engine and feed signal to the Dakota Digital boxes then to the speedo and tach. Right now, I can only see 6 splices that need to be made, but I am getting ready to start unwrapping the stock SC harness and removing whats no longer needed.

Originally Posted by SimplyZBes
Wow, talking about a pioneer in the SC world. Everything looks great and it will certainly run. I been out the SC game for a minute but after seeing this swap, you make me want to make another debut. Keep up the good work man. Cut the shifter and reweld it, that will solve your issue. Siskel & Roper would give this

Thanks, and please do join the SC community again, I have a feeling that with all the LSX swaps popping up, and now with the T56 it will give another branch, but hopefully not follow in the steps of an S-chassis.

As for the shifter, no need to cut and weld. And I know this will make several people happy to see:

Neutral:

First gear:

Fourth gear:

Sixth gear:

Reverse:

Old 12-22-10, 09:51 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that looks great Turbo.. Now to make a short shifter and ur money
Old 12-22-10, 09:53 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Damn that looks great Turbo.. Now to make a short shifter and ur money

I will be making one later. I already have the steel round key stock here ready to go, I just wasnt spilling the beans yet
Old 12-22-10, 05:33 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

feed signal to the Dakota Digital boxes then to the speedo and tach.
for the SC, you need the speedo adapter...but you dont need the tach adapter IF you are going to use HP Tuner. You can modify the RPM Signal in there.

Also, i have 1 of each dakota digital box...IF...you are going to use them. Let me know if you need it. $60ea. brand new!
Old 12-22-10, 06:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
for the SC, you need the speedo adapter...but you dont need the tach adapter IF you are going to use HP Tuner. You can modify the RPM Signal in there.

Also, i have 1 of each dakota digital box...IF...you are going to use them. Let me know if you need it. $60ea. brand new!
I wont be using HP Tuner yet, but its in the plans for later. I already have both the tach and speedo adapters from another build that fell through.
Old 12-23-10, 09:13 AM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wont be using HP Tuner yet, but its in the plans for later. I already have both the tach and speedo adapters from another build that fell through.
how do you plan to turn off VATS w/o HP tuner? figure out what ohms the camaro key provides and fix that way with the VATS Override Bypass Kit?
Old 12-23-10, 10:24 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AMSMIKE
how do you plan to turn off VATS w/o HP tuner? figure out what ohms the camaro key provides and fix that way with the VATS Override Bypass Kit?
this:

http://adaptiveperformance.com/vats.htm

Quick Reply: SC570--The OFFICIAL build thread